batfink0 is offline Junior Member

Quad Injection problem

Stats aren't really important here, but wanted others to voice on this concern.

When I shoot in my quads with a 25G 1' pin, I get about 7/8 of it in, and seem to keep hitting a wall where the pin doesn't want to go further. I usually just bite the bullet and force it through...
    At first I thought this might be a nerve, but it's usually on every injection in the quad that i find this. I always move around my injections and only hit quads once/2weeks (rotate through delts, glutes, quads, calves, bi-ceps), so I don't think it's scar tissue.

Anyone else get this?

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Where on the Quad are you shooting? More towards the side?

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Mine goes in like butter most times, where ever I put it. 25G thats is.

I'm about 190lbs 7% 5'11.

Quote Originally Posted by BUYLONGTERM
    Where on the Quad are you shooting? More towards the side?

Yes.....Pretty much where my middle finger falls when im standing with my arms to my sides.

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    Sounds about the same place I do mine. If you are looking down at your legs, are you shooting on like the outside corner of the quad? Not the side but the corner.

I think if it were scar tissue, you would feel it before you went very far in at all.

Moe-mentum is offline Banned
    I use the same pin as well, goes in like a dream.
    Just finished a shot....gawd I love this shit

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    How big are your quads?

Maybe you're inserting the needle too slowly and giving your muscles time to react and tense up a bit.

Just a thought.

I dart mine in and have never had a problem.

getpumped24 is offline Associate Member
    i've shot in my quad a couple times, never had a problem. i use 23 g 1" needle. only thing to hit that hard is bone. if your that scrawny you have no business doing AS.

Quote Originally Posted by getpumped24
    i've shot in my quad a couple times, never had a problem. i use 23 g 1" needle. only thing to hit that hard is bone. if your that scrawny you have no business doing AS.
    Not bone, it breaks through... it feels comparable to pushing a tack through a greeting card. Once through, it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by batfink0
    Not bone, it breaks through... it feels comparable to pushing a tack through a greeting card. Once through, it's fine.

If you're using the same needle you drew from the vial with, the tip may be dull, thus causing more resistance on entry

steggs is offline Associate Member
    it seems to be scar tissue it is common ,i have it in my glutes and bicep i find if i twist on the way in like a cork screw it breaks the tissue,the problem with not going through and releasing behind it is it may not absorb and rot

How long are you waiting between injecting the same site repeatedly? Like steggs said, you may be causing scar tissue to form.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah dude replace the tip before injecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco

I love how some people dont even read these......
    First of all, I draw with a 18G and shoot with a 25G.

Lav.......If you don't have anything constructive to say...please SHAD UP

juicepig is offline Associate Member
    bro the same shit happens with me... once you stick the needle through the skin you the gotta pierce the through the muscle.. MAXIMA5 is right your probably going in too slow which isent a bad thing but u can feel yourself piercing the muscle alot more. try lubing up the needle head with some of your juice before u shoot.. makes it alot easier

I love how some people dont even read these......
    First of all, I draw with a 18G and shoot with a 25G.

Lav.......If you don't have anything constructive to say...please SHAD UP
    Go **** off then dick head.

You asked for advice and I gave you some agreeing with MAXIMA5 on how tips dull from inserting them in a vial.

If the answer isn't right the shut the **** up and wait for another response.

Remember, you asked! I didn't.

Njectable is offline Member
    its probably just scar tissue, either way though i would think twice about forcing it past whatever is holding u up, not sure how much pressure your putting on it when you say you force through it, but what i would do is you don't hafta pull the needle all the way out just pull it out likely and try changing the angle and try pushing it in again. I do get the odd spot where its hard to inject and i just move the pin slightly and it goes in like butter

Njectable is offline Member
    also i'm not sure why ur attacking people for trying to help u, that is why ur here are u not? I find it unnessecary to attack people for giving you a logical response, their was no where in your original post where u mentioned u were drawing with an 18g and injecting with a 25g and its common for people to try and use the same needle for both, so thats gonna be the first question and suggestion whether u are drawing and injecting with the same, so just take it easy killer.

juicepig is offline Associate Member
    owwwwwwwned!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco

With the exception if idiot # 1 above, thanks all for your input. Since this has never happened before, I think it's just scar tissue, but will monitor it further.
    Would never think of staying away from Quads, as they are one of my favorite places to hit. Beats the hell out of calf shots, but you gotta move them around so......

Lav, advice is not agreeing with something i'm not even doing. That's about as constructive as handing a leper some sunscreen. Wise up dude!

Rookie1974 is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like you injecting thru the Iliotibial tract, which is a long tendon that runs on the outside of you thigh between about 2-4 o'clock postions. The correct muscle for injecting is the Vastus Lateralis muscle at the 1-2 0'clock postions. Get an anatomy book and you see what Im pointing at. In the first pic you can see the illiotibial tract running to the outside of the thigh.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quad Injection problem-vastuslateralis.jpg   Quad Injection problem-itbsyndrome.jpg  
    Last edited by Rookie1974; 06-30-2006 at 10:25 AM.

mds
    mds is offline Associate Member
    This might sound stupid, but is it possible that the point at which it is sticking is actually the muscle and its going through the fat easier. Dont know how much bodyfat you have or how many times youve done this in the past. Or like maximus said you might be tensing up the muscle a bit. I do that every once in awhile

Wow...that image Rookie posted is probably exactly what i'm hitting. Interesting pic bro.

MDS, you might be right too, but it really doesnt feel like muscle. It a thin wall, that it seems to have to poke through.

With the exception if idiot # 1 above, thanks all for your input. Since this has never happened before, I think it's just scar tissue, but will monitor it further.
    Would never think of staying away from Quads, as they are one of my favorite places to hit. Beats the hell out of calf shots, but you gotta move them around so......

Lav, advice is not agreeing with something i'm not even doing. That's about as constructive as handing a leper some sunscreen. Wise up dude!
    I would not offer advice on something you are doing already. It was a mere suggestion.

So once again, go **** yourself you retard!

It's sad to see such a good website giving refuge to a member who clearly glogs the broadbands with usless dribble. We need an auto ignore button or something.

Thanks again all whom had solid advice.

What a delusional asshole!

Rookie hit the bullseye!

gymrat12345 is offline Associate Member
    for quads i thought their was two injection sites...outter and inner quad area. might think twice about hitting outer quads, with the pic rookie posted...

Lav was giving sound advice. Your never mentioned in your first post that you were switching needles. I thought the same thing may be the cause. Relax please. I really didn;t see the need to get defensive.

Also, I think Rookie may be on to something.

Also, you never replied to my second question regarding how frequently you inject the same area on that quad. The more frequently you hit the same area, the more likely it is to rapidly build scar tissue.

Try hitting upper, then mid, then lower quads, rotating from leg to leg and mixing in delts and glutes.
    Last edited by MAXIMA5; 07-01-2006 at 06:21 AM.

TheSentinal is offline Member
    It is amazing how quickly a pin will dull. I changed pins and was replacing the cap on it since I was going to inject a little later. The plastic cap accidently brushed the pin tip when I was putting it on. I went to inject later and the thing wouldn't even pierce the skin! I couldn't believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMA5
    Lav was giving sound advice. Your never mentioned in your first post that you were switching needles. I thought the same thing may be the cause. Relax please. I really didn;t see the need to get defensive.

Also, I think Rookie may be on to something.

Also, you never replied to my second question regarding how frequently you inject the same area on that quad. The more frequently you hit the same area, the more likely it is to rapidly build scar tissue.

Try hitting upper, then mid, then lower quads, rotating from leg to leg and mixing in delts and glutes.

I have already posted this info but to be MORE specific........I don't go back to hit the same quad for 18 days. And lav was not giving sound advice, LOL...he was re-instating what was already said, which was also wrong. Thus ASSUMING that I didn't change needles.So drop the Lav thing.

I've heard enough...close the thread please.
    Last edited by batfink0; 07-01-2006 at 09:46 AM.

I have already posted this info but to be MORE specific........I don't go back to hit the same quad for 18 days. And lav was not giving sound advice, LOL...he was re-instating what was already said, which was also wrong. Thus ASSUMING that I didn't change needles.So drop the Lav thing.

I've heard enough...close the thread please.
    Listen,
    You have 70 posts, and I think it's a little arrogant to think that you can bark out "close this thread", and a mod will jump up and do your bidding.

Calm your little ass down. Keep it up and you will find no advice from others when you really need it.
    I, for one, will no longer waste my time responding to any of your posts, because you become defensive immediately and start shooting off at the mouth.
    Last edited by MAXIMA5; 07-05-2006 at 03:58 PM.

Thread Information