ACAZORES is offline Member

Cortisol Blocker Drug

Is there out there any cortisol blocker drug that is helpfull for bodybuilders so they can train longer without cortisol built up?

Dr.primo is offline Junior Member
    clen !

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    xanax and valium.... benzos do the trick but you don't wana use them for too long ull get addicted

ACAZORES is offline Member
    Xanax And Valium Are For Sleep

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    no xanax and valium are anti-anxiety meds.... and they do so by lowering the stress hormone know as cortisol..... a side effect of benzos might be sleepiness but they are NOT used for sleep

pumpd4lif is offline Senior Member
    id go woith the clen but i think xanx is safer and much more fun

R69
    R69 is offline Associate Member
    Xanax works by lowering cortisol??Didnt know that...you are sure?Benzos i knowed they work on gaba...or on some neurotransmitors.

Logan13 is offline Banned

clen

Quote Originally Posted by ACAZORES
    Is there out there any cortisol blocker drug that is helpfull for bodybuilders so they can train longer without cortisol built up?
    Clenbuterol is used during pct for just this purpose.

TheSentinal is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J*U*icEd
    no xanax and valium are anti-anxiety meds.... and they do so by lowering the stress hormone know as cortisol..... a side effect of benzos might be sleepiness but they are NOT used for sleep
    I would be sound asleep on the bench if I took a valium! That shit used to put m e out quick in college!

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    Clenbuterol is used during pct for just this purpose.

yes, exactly. i love running clen during pct

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSentinal
    I would be sound asleep on the bench if I took a valium! That shit used to put m e out quick in college!

valium is fun, but it does make you feel lazy and tired. it would never occur to me to take it to help promote muscle gains.

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    Xanax works by lowering cortisol??Didnt know that...you are sure?Benzos i knowed they work on gaba...or on some neurotransmitors.
    Correct - xanax & all benzodiazepines work as GABA agonists, I've never heard of it affecting cortisol in any way........

Trendkill is offline Associate Member
    vitamin c. about 3 grams a day decreases cortisol levels significantly. its safe, not bad on your liver

cmax is offline Associate Member
    You can also try Relora.

If you stack Relora with St. John's Wort you essentially have the active ingredients in Relacore for a fraction of the price.

EAS also makes a cortosol blocking supplement, I believe it's called C3 or something similar, but it's very expensive.

So I would either try Relora or both Relora and St. John's Wort together.

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    1) I've seen studies which say both in regards to Vitamin C and cortisol

2) In regards to benzos (well, Xanax at least), yes, it is a GABA agonist, and:

Effects of Dexamethasone and Alprazolam, a Benzodiazepine, on the Stimulatory Effect of Hexarelin, a Synthetic GHRP, on ACTH, Cortisol and GH Secretion in Humans
    Emanuela Arvata, Barbara Maccagnoa, Josefina Ramunnia, Lidia Di Vitoa, Laura Gianottia, Fabio Broglioa, Andrea Bensoa, Romano Deghenghib, Franco Camannia, Ezio Ghigoa

a Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Turin, Italy;
    b Europeptides, Argenteuil, France

Address of Corresponding Author

Neuroendocrinology 1998;67:310-316 (DOI: 10.1159/000054328)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key Words

CorticotropinGrowth hormone
    Adrenal steroids
    Growth hormone -releasing peptides
    Benzodiazepines
    -Hydroxybutyric acid
    Clinical neuroendocrinology

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abstract

Hexarelin (HEX) is a synthetic GHRP which acts on specific receptors at both the pituitary and the hypothalamic level to stimulate GH release both in animals and in humans. Like other GHRPs, HEX possesses also acute ACTH and cortisol-releasing activity similar to that of hCRH. The mechanisms underlying the stimulatory effect of GHRPs on hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis are still unclear, although a CNS-mediated action has been demonstrated. In 6 normal healthy young women (26-34 years) we studied the effects on ACTH and cortisol secretion of HEX (2.0 µg/kg i.v. at 0 min) alone and preceded by dexamethasone (DEXA, 1 mg p.o. at 23.00 h on the previous night) or alprazolam (ALP, 0.02 mg/kg p.o. at -90 min), a benzodiazepine which binds to GABA receptors and possesses CRH-mediated inhibitory activity on HPA axis. ACTH and cortisol secretion after saline administration as well as the GH response to HEX alone and preceded by DEXA or ALP were also studied. HEX administration elicited an increase in ACTH (peak vs. baseline, mean ± SEM: 28.0 ± 6.7 vs. 11.7 ± 2.2 pg/ml, p < 0.05) and cortisol secretion (162.6 ± 15.0 vs. 137.7 ± 12.6 µg/l, p < 0.05). DEXA pretreatment strongly inhibited basal ACTH (3.2 ± 0.7 pg/ml, p < 0.01) and cortisol levels (11.3 ± 2.5 µg/l, p < 0.001) and abolished the ACTH and cortisol responses to HEX (3.6 ± 0.9 pg/ml, p < 0.01 and 10.7 ± 2.0 µg/l, p < 0.001), respectively. On the other hand, ALP pretreatment did not significantly modify basal ACTH (7.9 ± 2.0 pg/ml) and cortisol levels (127.6 ± 14.5 µg/l) but abolished the HEX-induced ACTH and cortisol secretions (8.6 ± 2.4 pg/ml, p < 0.05 and 111.0 ± 6.0 µg/l, p < 0.05), respectively. ACTH and cortisol levels after HEX when preceded by ALP overlapped with those recorded during saline. HEX induced a clear GH response (peak at 15 min vs. baseline: 65.5 ± 20.5 vs. 2.2 ± 0.7 µg/l, p < 0.03) which was blunted by ALP (peak at 15 min: 21.5 ± 5.5 µg/l, p < 0.05) while it was not modified by DEXA pretreatment (78.7 ± 7.6 µg/l). In conclusion, our present data demonstrate that the ACTH- and cortisol-releasing effect of HEX is abolished by either dexamethasone or alprazolam, a benzodiazepine, which is even able to blunt the GH-releasing activity of the hexapeptide. These findings suggest that, in physiological conditions, the stimulatory effect of GHRPs on HPA axis is sensitive to the negative glucocorticoid feedback and could be mediated by GABAergic mechanisms; the latter seem also involved in the GH-releasing activity of GHRPs.

i'm bored....

R69
    R69 is offline Associate Member
    Why people who use xanax or else anti-anxiety drugs can get fat?this drugs rise or lower hormones in the body?it higher the level of prolactin maybee?

Thread Information