runninpony is offline Associate Member

Injection pain, PLEASE HELP

OK guys heres the deal. I just gave myself my 5th shot of Test E 3 days ago. Im doing 1cc twice a week(mon,thur). My first two shot was in each quad. Shot was painless but after a few days my legs did get pretty sore. Since the pain was gone a week later when time for another shot I went in the quads again,,actually took longer to get sore but seemed more sore than the first time and the soreness was not gone time for the next shot this time so I decided to go in my glute for the first time. Well lets just say the shot didnt go so well. I jerked around a bit too much and couldnt get the shit injected smoothly. I was looking forward to the pain and now 3 days later my ass has been sore as a mofo. It is swollen a bit but there is no redness. The pain seemed to be better day 3 than it was day 2,,,that was until we went to the water park today,,not a good idea but I was forced. So now my question is do I ice it or heat it?? I had been heating it and it does ease the pain somewhat for a little bit but it seems to me that if an infection, even a small one, had set in then heat wouldnt be a good idea?? Also whats the best OTC pain reliever, ibuprofen or Aleve?? Thanks guys!!

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Sounds like VMS (virgin muscle syndrome).... The jerking around is definetly gonna make for a more painful injection. Virgin muscles take time to get used to being injected. try heat and massage especially after injecting. Does NOT sound like an infection, but keep an eye on it.
    Advil or Aleve should be fine.
    make sure you are injecting slowly and then massage

hope this helps

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    You moved around too much plain and simple. Even now if I shoot glutes its hard to keep still and it is very sore for the next few days and I am very experienced.

I dont think you need pain killers to be honest. I mean you can if you like, but really I would try to use as little medication as possible when you dont REALLY need it. Just try to stay off it, lay on your side when you sleep etc and you will be fine no worries.

Just be careful and learn your lesson from this incident, it happens to the best of us.

Oh and BTW just wait until you use Test Prop.

I am injecting very slowly,,probably about 20 sec or more for 1 cc. I didnt realize how difficult it would be to go in the glutes!! My wife begged me to let her do it and I wouldnt,,next time I will probably consider!! Pain is by no means unbearable but I was just wondering whats best to ease it up a little so i can quit walking around and grunting like an old man!!! Thanks for the info guys!!

pdog80 is offline Banned
    Have your wife shoot ur glutes. Just make sure she knows how and your good to go.

nrobleski is offline Associate Member
    just lucky its only 250mg stay clear of the 3 n 400 thats what im fighting with right now...damn should ahve just stuck with the 250

The pain I can handle its just the lumps that scare the shit out of me. Im afraid of an infection, so when injecting I do everything by the book then some. I have heard from a lot of people that the Stealth line is painful and thats what Im running. As long as it doesnt get any worse im fine,,,but I did today just notice that theres actually a small knot in my quad that I injected last as well,,and those injections went perfect. Maybe the gear has a little to do with it. On to a good note,,weight is piling on like a mofo,,,Ive gained 17lbs in the first 17 days(dbol ),,and the test hasnt even kicked in yet

tobetutz is offline Associate Member
    Is test E the only thing your injecting?

Dpfootball38 is offline New Member
    I'm not at all an expert, but the first 2 weeks, after injections I'd experience a little pain for a day or two... I always injected in the glutes... I would switch between the 2 cheeks each injection...

I agree, don't taked meds unless it's absolutely necessary...

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    make sure you massage the injection site after you shoot bro....let your wifey shoot it for ya if she knows what to do... my first few glute shots I had my friend(she's a nurse) do it for me & show me exactly how to go about it...now I love it!!!!

hippie1171 is offline Junior Member
    ive been told by many doctors that ice is typically good after activity to reduce swelling, so in that case i would ice it right after your workout for about 15-20 minutes. you should also place a heating pad on there before the workout for about the same time. the heat should get fresh oxygen to the area via blood making it less painful. be sure to stretch and possibly run before your workout. it'll help loosen the muscles up.

hippie1171 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked
    make sure you massage the injection site after you shoot bro...glute shots...I love it!!!!
    rephrased but he hit the nail on the head. massaging the site right after inj. should help spread the compound around. glute shots for me are painless, delts are great too (use a 3/4-5/8in)!

limpdin is offline Junior Member
    I know this is contrary to what most people advise, but I have much less pain when I inject into my deltoids. I tend to have discomfort for several days after shooting my glutes or quads. I never seem to have this problem in my delts. I use a 25g 1" needle which also helps. And as mentioned above, inject slowly. One last tip...make sure the solution you're injecting is as close to body temperature as possible. The cooler it is the more it hurts!

Tank75 is offline Associate Member
    I would also recommend maybe injecting it a little bit slower. Before my first injection, I read a recommendation on this site that said your injection rate should be somewhere around 1cc (1mL) per minute. This may be on the somewhat precautionary side, but I've been doing this and it seems to do the trick. I also found that warming the test up really seemed to help too. Also make sure to keep the injection site clean to help avoid infection. It's just one of those things that takes practice.

i also have one of those knots that you spoke of above (in your quad). mine was from a lat injection that I thought went well, but I've got like a golf ball under my armpit now. It doesn't really hurt so I think it's just the muscle swelling up so I'm trying to massage it down and hopefully it's not an infection. i hope the same is for you.

Now both legs are sore,,with a knot on one, and a sore ass with a knot,,,and good part is I have another injection in 2 days!!!! Man I love this shit!!!

jvjacked is offline New Member
    could inj. 1 cc of steril oil with the test help his problem

Hardbodykc is offline New Member
    Do you have to get the sterile oil or grapeseed oil from a special store? Could you get it from a healthfood store?

Hardbodykc is offline New Member
    And I meant in person, I know you can order it on-line....

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    get some1 else to shoot you if your having a problem doing it yourself.

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Oh and BTW just wait until you use Test Prop.
    Lol thats mean but so damn funny. :P

Football_Bill is offline Associate Member
    I am using the stealth test e as well, and this is the first time my ass has hurt this bad. It has been 4 days and it still hurts, and the shot today in the other cheek is starting to hurt. Not red or hot though. I thin kI'll try injecting slower too, I just shoot, body seems to accept it fast, but I'll slow down. Obviosly it worried me, that is why I search sore ass

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Football_Bill
    I am using the stealth test e as well, and this is the first time my ass has hurt this bad. It has been 4 days and it still hurts, and the shot today in the other cheek is starting to hurt. Not red or hot though. I thin kI'll try injecting slower too, I just shoot, body seems to accept it fast, but I'll slow down. Obviosly it worried me, that is why I search sore ass
    ahhhhhhh, this tread is over a month old.

AaronJM1984 is offline Member
    After you draw the test e into the syringe, remove the needle, heat up a cup of water and hold the syringe (with test e inside) in the cup for a min, when you warm up the oil it goes in easier, plus doesn't hurt, I had the same problem until I started using this technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Football_Bill

I have heard from many using that type of AAS, that you should filter it before you use it. This could be the cause of your pain.

V_Vandetta is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardbodykc
    Do you have to get the sterile oil or grapeseed oil from a special store? Could you get it from a healthfood store?

even if you buy the grape seed oil its needs BB to make it sterial than by adding the new oil with the BB with chage the rateio of the AAScompound and thus causeing far more problems IE breaking out ...... lots of UGL and companies have different BA BB content I know that in the past when this happens that you can bake out some of the BA content thus making it easy But know this some people have a reaction to Ba or Bb thus making injects painful but in this case I say that it more off letting body get used to the injects after several weeks they will get better and better IMO

Quote Originally Posted by *Alex*
    ahhhhhhh, this tread is over a month old.
    Very good, thanks for the flame.

Out of all the ones I found after doing a search, which many do not even bother doing, it was the most relevant.

SMAN12B, I already transfered from the stealth packs to a vial. Should I transfer to another vial and filter, or use a filter each injection?
    Last edited by Football_Bill; 08-23-2006 at 06:39 AM. Reason: More info

If you have the means to do it, I would transfer into another vial and filter.

up2itt2003 is offline Junior Member
    Filter that She-ot. Filter it, warm it, shoot it slow and massage it. Just got throough an abcess while on stealth e, so dont be afraid to swallow your pride and go to an er and make sure its not abcessed. Tell em that you think a spider bit you.

The pain is going away, so how do I know I have an absesce?

up2itt2003 is offline Junior Member
    When it gets red enough, tight enough, hot enough and you can no longer look at it and convince yourself " This is normal. That swollen area feels like, you know, just before the alian baby bursts through." It's time to go!

Once I went to the Dr. and she lanced it, it took 7 days to finally stop draining and the swelling was gone. WORTH IT!

Good Luck!

someone70 is offline Junior Member
    I am also using stealth prop and its a bitch! I hit the quads was swollen tight and red hot 4 about 5 days. Pain has subsided and now i filter it much better. Ugl stuff is ruff sometimes like the boys said never hurts to filter the sheot out of it. Just my 2cc By the way i guess a doctor visit woulda helped probally a bit infected i guess but i had the same reaction year ago when IP first hit..

Thread Information