Thread: Cancer?

TheWildOne is offline New Member

Cancer?

Hi,

I just got my hands on the anabolic steroids book. Its a great resource for beginner like me. I havent use any roids yet but I plan to start soon.

What I was worried about was an article I've read somewhere on the net that steroids could cause cancer. Are there any scientific data to back this up?

Thanks and I'm glad to finally be here.
    Jim

TheSentinal is offline Member
    The big news event that many point to is Lyle Alzado - for brain cancer. The fact remains, if you have tumors or growths in your body and you add steroids , they grow more quickly. However, I know of no medical study that directly links cancer to steroid use . Could steroid abuse lead to cancer? I am sure that is a possibility. Of all potential side effects of logical, controlled, reasonable steroid use, cancer is the last concern I have.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    No definitive scientific evidence to date-Although some AAS are listed as carcinogens-lol

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Some steroids (namely methylated orals) are hepatoxic... Abuse (heavy dosing + exacerbated cycle length) can cause damage... possibly polyp formation which may lead to cancer.. It's a stretch tho.

Anyway.. play it safe.. If you use gear, don't abuse it. Get blood work done regularly.. keep your cycle lengths within reason.. and choose your compoudn combinations wisely.

Narkissos

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't think there is a cancer link. However, cancer feeds on red blood cells.
    People that are cancer prone should find something else.

Thread Information