Thread: Quick pin Q?

BigSwol is offline Associate Member

Quick pin Q?

When shooting anywhere but glutes you go with a 1" correct. Unless your super thick. But for pecs, bi's, traps, lats, calves, tris, sholders, and quads it would ideal to use a 1". What gague, does it depend on substance, prob a 23 or 25 at best, and if the substance is thin enough a slin pin? Just wanna be sure.

BigSwol

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    I use 1" for quads, delts, etc.. and all my 1" pins are 25G, so I just deal with i and take my time when drawing. I'm in no rush. I'd rather have the drawing take an extra 15 seconds than build up a ton of scar tissue jabbing with thick pins.

You can use slin pins only in extremely lean areas and with low doses (they only hold 1cc).

I would just use a 1" pin to be sure you get the gear deep in the tissue.

Also, if your quads are thick, 1.5" is possible. I've gotten away with it several times with no problems, but 1" is the safest way to go for just about everything (but glutes of course).

Oh yeah, I wouldn't recommend shooting traps or calves.

SprintUSMC is offline Junior Member
    I agree with the above...scar tissue can be a problem. I use 23 with no problems...but 23 or 25 are ideal. I use 1' in shoulders and calves, and biceps...but glutes...1.5

Thanks bros

BigSwol

Iron is offline Junior Member
    Im with MAXIMA5, I won't do the calves.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMA5
    Oh yeah, I wouldn't recommend shooting traps or calves.

Not unless you want a nice case of torticullis or a swollen calf

mkrulic is offline Anabolic Member
    I use 1" on glutes and 5/8" on everything else. My gear is anywhere between 300mg/ml to 450mg/ml and I use 25 gauge. It takes a little extra time but no bigge

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter
    Not unless you want a nice case of torticullis or a swollen calf
    Exactly. There's not much worse than a spasming trap or rhomboid. I wouldn;t stick a needle anywhere near a smaller neck muscle.

You also don;t want to be limping around the gym or work because you thought it's be fun to try shooting into a dense nerve and vein filled calf muscle.

Most of us stick to glutes, quads, delts, pecs (occasionally), and the easy spot injections.

bigarms15b is offline New Member
    Stick with the 1" for the delts and quads and a 1.5" for the glutes

The only reason I'd even think of hitting traps or calves would be if using IGF, to be honest everything except glutes scares the crap out of me. But im currently doing research bout Igf1-lr3 and most stuff im finding suggests shooting bilaterally in muscles worked PWO. Im guessing here but when using Igf1-lr3 you'd use a slin pin right? Would it still cause that much of a prob hitting smaller muscles like the traps and calves? Ill ask in their forum also, but so far thanks agian.

BigSwol

Never used wither of those, but it seems slin pins would cause less problems than IM in those muscle groups.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwol
    The only reason I'd even think of hitting traps or calves would be if using IGF, to be honest everything except glutes scares the crap out of me. But im currently doing research bout Igf1-lr3 and most stuff im finding suggests shooting bilaterally in muscles worked PWO. Im guessing here but when using Igf1-lr3 you'd use a slin pin right? Would it still cause that much of a prob hitting smaller muscles like the traps and calves? Ill ask in their forum also, but so far thanks agian.

BigSwol
    I think that is pretty much been proven to be crap dude. Post a question in the IGF forum, but from what I have read it makes no difference where you shoot it.

Thread Information