vermin is offline Member

Test E - How Hot? - Denatured by heating pad?

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone has a reference on the heat stability of test e. I have been using a heating pad, but as time goes by I have gotten a bit lax about how long I have been applying the heat - wondering if I could be weakening the dose?

The dose is nice and fluid, though - the oil is like water when it goes in!
    Last edited by vermin; 08-20-2006 at 08:16 PM.

V_Vandetta is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vermin
    Hi folks, just wondering if anyone has a reference on the heat stability of test e. I have been using a heating pad, but as time goes by I have gotten a bit lax about how long I have been applying the heat - wondering if I could be weakening the dose?

The dose is nice and fluid, though - the oil is like water when is goes in!
    bro you are putting your syringe on a heating pad? or the vial ? anyway it will not get hot enough to damage the Ba that suspends the gear bro

vermin is offline Member
    Ba? It is in sterile sesame oil, and it is not the solvent that concerns me, it is the denaturing of the test.

vermin is offline Member
    I still can't find direct references, but widening my PubMed searches: First off, for proteins there isn't a protein in the body that isn't at least 50% denatured at 53C (that's 127F), and most much lower than that. Hardly more than hot tap water.

Steroids are fats, so they are going to be different, but this still concerns me. Pharmaceutical inserts suggest warming the vial in the hands, but otherwise caution against the dangers of exposure to heat. I think I may call my pharmacy tomorrow, unless someone can come up with some referenced numbers on line.

Oh, and have also leanred that the UL cap on home heating pads is 176F, though most models have a limit of 140-160F. So this is much warmer even than hot tap water.
    Last edited by vermin; 08-20-2006 at 08:16 PM.

skipp is offline Senior Member
    Considering a lot of homebrewers heat their gear to ~175 to try to sterilize it, i doubt it does much.

Thread Information