Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    poppapump58 is offline Member

holy shit! you can bring back gear from mexico

I just got back from mexico the other day and I found out some pretty cool shit from customs. When I crossed back into the US, I got searched and they found a bottle of dbol on me and I got busted. They just took it away and let me go, thank god. Anyway, the customs people said if I were to claim it, I would have been able to bring it back across with me. They said you can bring steroids back with you if you:

1) Claim it
    2) If it is no more than a personal supply(being one or two vials)

I was shocked when they told me this. They said the law came in effect in January. To make a long story short, yes you can bring back juice across the border if it is a personal supply and you claim it.

Poppapump58

Gear101 is offline Member
    yes you can bring back a 6mth of meds from mexico.. i read the law but wasn't sure how it was working...

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    I am not being a smartass but why do they seize it at the line if you can just claim it later for personal use? How much does constitute personal use?

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    That's interesting, that's the first time I've heard about it. Next time I'm in TJ, I might a couple cheap bottles of test and see if they let me bring them across...

G-S Guest
    I have a hard time believing this. I real hard time.

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    I didnt know you were allowed to claim juice coming back... my question is where can i find some references on this law so i know for sure that you can do this, a little research wont hurt, especially if it means keeping yourself out of jail, but its very good to know that you may be able to claim it.

jbrand is offline Member
    The DEAs stance on importing Schedule III substances still stands that they can be imported via legitimate oral or faxed prescriptions from a licenced doctor. Check the code of federal regulations #1306.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    in canada you cant get busted for a little bit of steroids either.,

laziloo is offline Banned
    with a prescription, now that would make a little more sense. I would never declare them at the border. They are illegal in US without scrip, so how could they allow you to carry them across? Think about it.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    WITH A PRESCRIPTION

will is offline Banned
    i know you need a prescription but what about claiming it for personal use

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Originally posted by sk*
    90 day supply of HUMAN GRADE gear is allowed if you represent it, no script required.
    Too bad there isn't much legit "human grade" gear in TJ...

jbrand is offline Member
    new importion guidelines:

The U.S. Customs Service enforces Federal laws and regulations, including those of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

A new bill was recently passed by Congress that amends a portion of the Controlled Substances Act (21USC956(a)). This amendment allows a United States resident to import up to 50 dosage units of a controlled medication without a valid prescription at an international land border. These medications must be declared upon arrival, be for your own personal use and in their original container. However, travelers should be aware that drug products which are not approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration may not be acceptable for such importation. FDA warns that such drugs are often of unknown quality and discourages buying drugs sold in foreign countries. Please go to http://www.fda.gov/ora/import/purcha...edications.htm for further information.

The United States Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (21 U.S.C. sections 331(d), and 355(a)), which is administered by FDA, prohibits the interstate shipment (which includes importation) of unapproved new drugs. Unapproved new drugs are any drugs, including foreign-made versions of U.S. approved drugs, that have not received FDA approval to demonstrate they meet the federal requirements for safety and effectiveness. It is the importer's obligation to demonstrate to FDA that any drugs offered for importation have been approved by FDA.

FDA has developed guidance entitled "Coverage of Personal Importations" which sets forth that agency's enforcement priorities with respect to the personal importation of unapproved new drugs by individuals for their personal use. The guidance identifies circumstances in which FDA may consider exercising enforcement discretion and refrain from taking legal action against illegally imported drugs. Those circumstances are as follows:

1. the intended use (of the drug) is unapproved and for a serious condition for which effective treatment may not be available domestically either through commercial or clinical means;

2. there is no known commercialization or promotion to persons residing in the U.S. by those involved in the distribution of the product at issue;

3. the product is considered not to represent an unreasonable risk;

4. the individual seeking to import the product affirms in writing that it is for the patient’s own use (generally not more than a 3-month supply) and provides the name and address of the doctor licensed in the U.S. responsible for his or her treatment with the product, or provides evidence that the product is for the continuation of a treatment begun in a foreign country.
    FDA's guidance is not, however, a license for individuals to import unapproved (and therefore illegal) drugs for personal use into the U.S. Even if all of the factors noted in the guidance are present, the drugs remain illegal and FDA may decide that such drugs should be refused entry or seized. The guidance represents FDA’s current thinking regarding the issues of personal importation and is intended only to provide operating guidance for FDA personnel. The guidance does not create any legally enforceable rights for the public; nor does it operate to bind FDA or the public.

To avoid travel delays and to prevent possible harm from taking unsafe or ineffective medications, residents and visitors upon arrival to or departure from the U.S. should keep in mind the following precautions:

Do not assume that medications which are legal in foreign countries are also approved for use in the United States. These products may be illegal and may include addictive and dangerous substances;

Be aware that the labeled uses (conditions for which the product is represented to be effective) for a product purchased outside the U.S. may not be approved in the United States;

It can be dangerous to take some medications without medical supervision. The reason why some medications are limited to prescription use in the United States is that either they are unsafe without medical supervision or a medical diagnosis is required to ensure that the medication is appropriate for your condition;

Avoid purchasing any drug products that they do not approve for sale in the U.S. (including foreign-manufactured versions of U.S. approved drugs). FDA cannot assure that these products conform to the manufacturing and quality assurance procedures mandated by U.S. laws and regulations and, therefore, these products may be unsafe. In addition, such products are illegal in the U.S. and, therefore, may be subject to entry refusal;

Some medications which may appear to be U.S. approved drug products may in fact be counterfeit versions of such products. (The term "counterfeit drug' is defined as "a drug which, or the container or labeling of which, without authorization, bears the trademark, trade name, or other identifying mark, imprint, or device, or any likeness thereof, of a drug manufacturer, processor, packer, or distributor other than the person or persons who in fact manufactured, processed, packed, or distributed such drug and which thereby falsely purports or is represented to be the product of, or to have been packed or distributed by, such other drug manufacturer, processor, packer, or distributor." See 21 U.S.C. 321(g)(2));

In the event you develop complications from using a medication which require medical attention, your treatment could be delayed or made more difficult unless there is sufficient information available about the product, such as the generic name of the product, dosage form and strength, and how often you need to take the product.

Possession of certain medications without a prescription from a physician licensed in the United States may violate Federal, State, and/or local laws;

lt is important to have medications in the originally-dispensed container;

FDA's personal importation guidance provides that when bringing unapproved drugs into the U.S. for use in treating serious or life threatening illness, such products should be used under the care and supervision of a U.S. licensed physician. It is advisable to make available for examination by U.S. Customs Inspectors or other appropriate government authorities appropriate documentation of such monitoring;

It is against the law not to properly declare imported medications to U.S. Customs.

When the type of drug, the quantity, or the combination of various drugs arouse suspicions, U.S. Customs Inspectors will ordinarily contact the nearest FDA or DEA office for advice and will then make a final determination about whether to release or detain the article. (See 19 U.S.C. 1499).

In addition to federal requirements, individual States may have additional requirements covering prescription (Rx) or controlled medications. Travelers should check with State authorities, where they reside or are traveling, to verify that a particular prescription does in fact comply with State regulations. In many areas, the local police department and pharmacies can provide additional information.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Ok, so you declare the steroids at Customs, and then what? You're now in possession of a controlled substance without a prescription. Will Customs turn away and let you go, knowing that you're committing a crime?

jbrand is offline Member
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    Ok, so you declare the steroids at Customs, and then what? You're now in possession of a controlled substance without a prescription. Will Customs turn away and let you go, knowing that you're committing a crime?
    There certainly isn't any policy that protects you from incriminating yourself by such means so I wouldn't be so quick to declare anything. Customs pretty much reserves the right to treat each situation on a case by case basis as indicated in documentation.

G-S Guest
    Hmm. 50 dosages. Last time I checked, the feds considered 1 10ml vial as ONE dose. Also, 50 pills as ONE does.

Wow. If I could bring that much gear back, I'm goin!

manimal is offline New Member
    so who's gonna be the guinea pig?? not me

poppapump58 is offline Member
    I couldnt believe my ears when they told me I could have claimed the dbol that I was smuggling. They told me you could bring anything across with you as long as you claim it for personal use. No prescription required.

CLW
    CLW is offline New Member
    Hey guys, my first post on here... I have been back and fourth from TJ several times... never claimed anything, I have to actually go down there again and pick up some stuff to "come off" in the next couple weeks.. nolvadex , proviron , HCG , Clomid, and Clenbuterol ... do you guys know the policies on this stuff? would I be able to just claim this?

Also from what I've heard, ... when they bust you, or you claim something like that I think they put your name on a list that allows them to scrutinize you in the future... probably pops up some kind of a thing when they run you DLicense... I'm not sure about this though... what do you guys think?

thanks, KC

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    cant you legally take up to 90 days of clenbuterol across the border without hassle, just a quick question, thanks...

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I don't know about roids and anti's but I used to go get valium and zanex all the time.

They had me step into another line for declaring medication. Took my bag into another room for about five minutes. Came out handed my bag to me and made me read a sign that told me I could be arrested after this point.
    Walked away no problem to my car in a garage, stashed the goods, pass the second check point, and I was good to go.

shorty2big is offline Member
    Some of you know that I got busted recently coming across the border with some Ketamine, xtc, and a bunch of steroids . I had probably about 20 bottles and misc pills of juice plus the other stuff. I just had my arraignment today and they never even charged me with anything having to do with the steroids. Just the K and the Xtc. I had a lot of Juice!!!!

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by shorty2big
    Some of you know that I got busted recently coming across the border with some Ketamine, xtc, and a bunch of steroids. I had probably about 20 bottles and misc pills of juice plus the other stuff. I just had my arraignment today and they never even charged me with anything having to do with the steroids. Just the K and the Xtc. I had a lot of Juice!!!!
    Shorty.. do you think you might get off with some probation.

shorty2big is offline Member
    Originally posted by BigMike J

Shorty.. do you think you might get off with some probation.

that's what it's starting to look like. They wanted to originally charge me with importation of a schedule I & III with intent to distribute. Now they are going to lower it to misdemeanor possesion. Hopefully just a year of probation. I will keep everyone posted when I get this finally all figured out. It should be all settled in about 2-3 weeks.

man_of_steel is offline Associate Member
    hmmmm.thats a good law to know about..what sucks is that they will put you on a list and fuck with you everytime you go down there.I got busted 2 years ago for bringing a large amount of juice back and now everytime I go down there for whatever reason,they fuck with me as soon as I go through customs,or rather,as soon as they slide my dl through the scanner.they ask me if I have steriods ,and practically stripsearch me..

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I just came back from Cozumel with 3 10cc bottles of EQ , a box of clomid and a box of Nolva. I didn't claim anything but the Kahlua in my suitcase. If they had found the EQ in the X-ray I wasn't too terribly worried about it.

rsanchez is offline New Member
    i know for a fact you can cross over clen and nolva. i do it all the time! just declare it. most of the time they wont even check the bag.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez
    i know for a fact you can cross over clen and nolva. i do it all the time! just declare it. most of the time they wont even check the bag.
    oh you know for a fact so you're going to post in a thread last dated 2002 ??

Gra
    Gra is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    oh you know for a fact so you're going to post in a thread last dated 2002 ??
    LMFAO

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapump58
    I couldnt believe my ears when they told me I could have claimed the dbol that I was smuggling. They told me you could bring anything across with you as long as you claim it for personal use. No prescription required.
    The thing here is US Customs (now BCBP) deals with importation laws. Customs jurisdiction lies with IMPORTATION. Thus you are clear to IMPORT and IMPORT alone while making entry into the United States. THAT'S IT! Once you clear the entry point or Point of Entry (POE), you are now subject to illegal possession laws by federal laws and/or state, county, local laws. US Customs does not deal with possession once it is cleared of a POE. Other law enforcement entities will deal with you. So, that is when you will need a script to bail your arse out. If no script...then you is frucked.

Now, here's the kicker...I don't know if this still goes on or what...but while your "declared steroid is reviewed," Nothing forbids the Customs personnel from calling the local PD or SO to show up and wait for you to walk outside the POE. So, it may be time to bend over to the local boys after importing the controlled substance.

Also, federal gov't does not recognize foreign scripts for controlled substances. However, I'm not sure what the state does. Some states might and others might not. I'm not overly familiar with state laws and rules. So, a script from a mexican doctor may help or not when confronted with local PD or stated law enforcement. You gotta check your local laws for that.

That's about it....yeah this thread is old. I wasn't going to post anything but thought I would "cap it." lol.

andrelee is offline New Member
    I don't think that there would be any harm in just claiming it, so long as you explain to the customs guy that you wern't sure if you could or couldn't, and have no intention on selling it. What I wouldn't do though is take my chances and be sneaky, because that would just piss me off if I were them. I live on the border, so I think that I may just give it a test run one day. Thanks for the tip.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I read in Legal Muscle that some cops tried to do a controlled delivery on this guy who ordered some juice in a package. The guy was smart and didnt accept the delivery and denied contents were his. Then one cop opened it up and said "oh, we are sorry to bother you, this is only a personal supply, which is legal here you go sir..." Most people at this point would say ok, thanks and take it. Welcome to jail!

What I am saying is that law enforcement may use that method as a trick to get you to accept it. Until I see this law written on a legal document i dont believe this at all.

pierrat is offline New Member
    I'm new, and didn't know that i can't post myself as a source.. sorry about that..

spy
    Last edited by spywizard; 02-03-2006 at 10:29 AM. Reason: obvious listing himself as a source

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    [quote=pierrat]This thread is almost four year old mate. Dont bump old threads. Check the dates before you post in them. You might like to read the boards rules about broadcasting sources as well.
    Last edited by spywizard; 02-03-2006 at 10:30 AM.

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    lol, and i was reading this, didn't even have a clue it had dust on it. thanks a lot

pierrat is offline New Member

message for Kate

thanks Kate for the heads up. I'm new to his website. I will take the time to read the terms. Thanks again

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by pierrat
    thanks Kate for the heads up. I'm new to his website. I will take the time to read the terms. Thanks again
    Yeah, Kates good like that!

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    [quote=pierrat]

Maybe I am wrong but does this break the rules here?? It looks like this guy is trying to get people to contact him to sell them gear..

OH and it is KALE not Kate
    Last edited by spywizard; 02-03-2006 at 10:30 AM.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    [quote=oldman]
    Quote Originally Posted by pierrat

Maybe I am wrong but does this break the rules here?? It looks like this guy is trying to get people to contact him to sell them gear..

OH and it is KALE not Kate

yes it does, and corrective action is taken..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear101
    yes you can bring back a 6mth of meds from mexico.. i read the law but wasn't sure how it was working...
    I dont think Dbol or tren qualifies... if its human use steroids as in schedule 3 then I think the rule is 3 month supply and think in terms of HRT type quantities. I think it works for prescribable drugs in USA like Deca , Testosterone , sust, anadrol ... some of the stronger schedule 2 or 1 steroids might be treated like marijuana or cocaine... use extreme care playing this very dangerous game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information