Mar2 is offline New Member

Injection Methods

Just curious as to what method everyone adopts when injecting?

Today i completed my second injection and for fear of hitting a nerve i choose to slide the needle in very slowly. My first injection i did first time round although today was a little different. I switched glute and this time was hitting the left. It was a little more stubborn going in and i didn't want to force it so i decided to pull out, switch needles and try again. Still no joy so again i did the same and tried switching back to my right glute. Had no problem inserting the needle and feel it may just be a problem with the angle im at when injecting to my left.

Im not sure if i could ever just stab the area like a dart. Was everyone cautious like this while first starting or did you just go for it?

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    it might be the angle..push the plunger a little bit before inserting the needle to lube up the pin and make it glide in a little easier

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Always slow...Bumping a nerve is never fun, but stabbing one sounds crippling.

pumpd4lif is offline Senior Member
    yes the slower the better les damage to tissue

RoidGut is offline Member
    If you have the use of both hands when injecting (ie you are injecting into your quads or gluts), you may want to try and pinch the skin layer just slightly between your fingers and then insert the needle through that pinched skin first, then ease the needle through the muscle. Now, I am not saying pinch like you are trying to pop a zit, just light enough pressure to raise the skin tissue from over the muscle slightly.

The hardest part of the injection (for me anyways) is that layer of skin. I find this method makes it much easier to slid the needle through and gets rid of all the "discomfort" normally experienced from an injection.

As for slowly or like a dart, I prefer to ease the needle gently through the muscle so that I can feel may way around any possible nerves. Some say this is total BS, but for me it has saved me tons of agony....especially in the quads.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah... i used to just ram it but after couple of painful experiences I nowadays do it slowly.

grvdigr1 is offline Junior Member
    I've never had a nurse slowly inject a shot before.. my buddy used to inject me slow and it hurt like hell. Then i got a nurse friend to do it for me and she just shoved it in my delt, barely feel it. Now my wife does glute shots for me and she sticks it in at a pretty good pace. The faster the less pain for me....

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    ill agree with u grv when its some1 else doing the injection.. when u sticking urself its not always so easy to be in the right spot... especially in the glutes so I push it slowly just in case..

RoidGut is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grvdigr1
    I've never had a nurse slowly inject a shot before.. my buddy used to inject me slow and it hurt like hell. Then i got a nurse friend to do it for me and she just shoved it in my delt, barely feel it. Now my wife does glute shots for me and she sticks it in at a pretty good pace. The faster the less pain for me....
    True enough....but when was the last time a nurse injected your quads? Think that method will have you shooting out of your seat if she hits or grazes a nurve. I agree with what you said 100% and that is the way the medical profession handles the injections...I persoanlly don't do that as far as quad shots go tho. Each method works...just a matter of what you are comfortable with

smartwater is offline Associate Member
    slow? no1s told me to do that! the left glute you did always gonna be harder then right if your right handed

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    think it's angle too....left is my less favorite cheek as well

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoidGut
    True enough....but when was the last time a nurse injected your quads? Think that method will have you shooting out of your seat if she hits or grazes a nurve. I agree with what you said 100% and that is the way the medical profession handles the injections...I persoanlly don't do that as far as quad shots go tho. Each method works...just a matter of what you are comfortable with
    They don't change needles after drawing either. But I certaintly know the diff between a needle that just went through two diff vials and one that is fresh.

vanquisher is offline Junior Member
    never had a problem with quad injections.. I just push it in asperate and then slowly feel the rush...lol just kidding...I hit a blood vessel once and had to try another site..but never a nerve..

vanquisher is offline Junior Member
    never had a problem with quad injections.. I just push it in fast, draw back, and then slowly feel the rush...lol just kidding...I hit a blood vessel once and had to try another site..but never a nerve..

veryveryquiet is offline Junior Member
    I don't think it matters how fast or slow you slide the needle in if you hit a nerve you won't feel it. I speak from experience my skin on my delt is without feeling now for 2 weeks. (I went slow)

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpd4lif
    yes the slower the better les damage to tissue
    How can this be true when the same pin is going in the same tissue?
    Id need proof of this to believe it....
    Its worse when you go slower. Dont jab like a madman, but put it in and get it over with...
    I dont even feel them anymore....

ebomb6789 is offline Associate Member
    I have my friend inject me and she just pops it right in. I would have to say when I did it myself it hurt like a bitch. It was hard to give myself the shot in the glute I could not keep my hand still so I went slow. It hurt like a bitch

vermin is offline Member
    I guess usually medium speed when I do it myself - when my wife does it I don't know because I really don't feel it until it is in and the actual injection starts.

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    I did it slowly once... never again..had that ripping feeling.....

blaznmonke is offline New Member
    i injected my delt with my left hand(i'm right handed) didnt notice i was goin in at an angle slowly slid the needle in andi felt like a cracklin feeling and i was like "oww" not knowing what just happend i still jabbed in then pulled back and saw blood in th e neeedle "damn i hit a vein" pulled the needle out andblood goushed outmy delt goin down my arm..looked sick......ever happen to any of you?

Thread Information