peppino is offline New Member

Withdrawing from the vial: a hygene question

First off, I'm very greatful for coming across this board; it has help me tremendously.

My friend who supplied me my gear gave me 1 18g tip to use for withdrawing. He said to reuse this tip every time because it would take way too long to use the 25g, and I could just clean it with alcohol before insert it. I'm very anal when it comes hygene, especially when injecting something foreign into my body, so to be clean as possible, I think Ill stick to fresh 25g tips. The 18g would just be sitting in a ziploc bag in my safe so am I not contaminating the entire vial everytime I plan to shoot? Does anyone else practice this?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Just buy a bunch of 18g needles. NEVER use the same one twice !!! Draw with 18g and inject with 25g, personally I think 23g is better to inject with

ebomb6789 is offline Associate Member
    I use a 22g first off it will take a long time to inject using a 25g. After I draw up the fluid I then take the neddle and clean it and the injection site. Thats all your doctor does as well when you get a neddle. I would try to switch to to a 23 or 22g. If you think it hurts try puttting the tips in the freezer before you use them it helps to take thepain away.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by ebomb6789
    I use a 22g first off it will take a long time to inject using a 25g. After I draw up the fluid I then take the neddle and clean it and the injection site. Thats all your doctor does as well when you get a neddle. I would try to switch to to a 23 or 22g. If you think it hurts try puttting the tips in the freezer before you use them it helps to take thepain away.
    I hope you are kidding !!!

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Draw with 18 and shoot with 23

You can even draw with a 23 and change to anothe r23 but it takes longer to suck the solution out.

Yea man, DO NOT clean the needle, just use a different one. that could still become contaminated even if you are using a alchohol wipe.

They are way too cheap to not chagne the needle.

Hold up when you go to the doctor what does he do he does not change the neddle and it does not take too long to draw it up. I have it drawn up and ready in less then a min. The neddle barely touches the vial.

Quote Originally Posted by ebomb6789
    Hold up when you go to the doctor what does he do he does not change the neddle and it does not take too long to draw it up. I have it drawn up and ready in less then a min. The neddle barely touches the vial.

Does the donctor inject an oil based solution into you?

How do you know what guage they are using?

Yes, you could get away with using the same needle but I wont risk it.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Hmmm....guess Im not that safe, I draw with the same 18 the whole cycle and then some.

The flue shot is oil based right? My friend is a LPN and thats the way he told me to do it. I have not had any problem doing so and I have several friends that do it the same way as well.

jerol is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    Does the donctor inject an oil based solution into you?

How do you know what guage they are using?

Yes, you could get away with using the same needle but I wont risk it.
    I'm a doctor, so I'll weigh in...

I have nurses do the injections...

Just kidding. I don't do oil injections on patients (only on me), but for standard injections (say of local anesthetic), I remove the vial's pop top, wipe the rubber with alcohol, draw the solution out of the vial with either an 18 or 20ga. needle, throw that needle away, then do the injection with the smallest gauge I can get away with (typically a 27ga for water based, 23ga for oil based). Alcohol to the skin (never touch the needle with anything) before is fine, but not as good as either betadine or duraprep (both of which kill 99+% of skin flora -- the main source of injection site infections).

Hope that helps...

-J

Then I was told the wrong info. Just wipe the top of the vial and then switch neddles. Would the same be said for using a water based injection I am going to be switching soon. Thanks for your help I didnt know I was doing it the wrong way.

MorganKane is offline Associate Member
    My wife is a nurse. She has done 15000+ injections.
    She had thosuands of ports, been on the IV team, etc.

She NEVER reuse a needle.

I buy a bunch of 20g 1.5" needles and use one for every time I draw and dispose of it when used. Its dirt cheap to buy needles.

Looks like I need to buy myself some 18g neddles now thanks for the tip last thing I need to do is fcuk myself up. I was told the wrong info

LatinoPR is offline Anabolic Member
    Dude,needles are cheep,all is disposable one used only,means you used only one time and then throw it away....are we clear ???....what the hell is that..."i then take the needle and clen it" WTF...you have to be kidding me...
    Here,i used 18g for drawing,25g or 23g or 21g depends on site of injection.
    NEVER USED NEEDLES 2 TIMES, NOT EVEN FOR DRAWING.....

LPR ...ermatology.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinoPR
    Dude,needles are cheep,all is disposable one used only,means you used only one time and then throw it away....are we clear ???....what the hell is that..."i then take the needle and clen it" WTF...you have to be kidding me...
    Here,i used 18g for drawing,25g or 23g or 21g depends on site of injection.
    NEVER USED NEEDLES 2 TIMES, NOT EVEN FOR DRAWING.....

LPR ...ermatology.
    I love it when people need to act like a prick. I told everyone I had the wrong info and I just ordered new needles 18g to draw with, money is not an issue. So next time read the whole thing before you post, with my first injectable cycle I am new to all the steps. I could only go off of what I was told by friends who have done them.

peppino is offline New Member
    Anyone ever use 25G to draw? Injecting myself with 2cc's was quite the struggle, and I wonder if it is that much of a pain to withdraw with one.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Why would any wone wont to use the same needle to draw. When you order the syring just get it with a 20g on it. The spend $2.50 to get 23 or 25g shooting pins.

Is it realy worth taking a chance.

Thread Information