Ironman06 is offline New Member

Equipoise RBC increase figures

I know EQ raises RBC numbers but does anybody know of a source for specific figures on how much of an increase in Red Blood Cell production (like a before and after hematocrit #) one can expect for a 12 week cycle of that includes EQ. I'm asking because I plan on taking a fairly large course of EPO to raise my hematocrit pretty high and I don't want my Test-C / EQ cycle to raise it to dangerous levels. What good is being strong and fast if you stroke out right?

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    All AS has the ability to raise RBC but EQ and Drol are particuarly renowned for it. There are no figures to show how much they will raise it by as it differs from one person to another. RBC problems usually develop when cycle goes on for too long. I have had probelms in the past when I went straight from a bulk into a cut and started getting symtoms about week 20. The easy way round this is to give blood every month, it solves the problem. You will know if your RBC is high as you feel totally tired and dizzy no strength.

soccer#3 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    All AS has the ability to raise RBC but EQ and Drol are particuarly renowned for it. There are no figures to show how much they will raise it by as it differs from one person to another. RBC problems usually develop when cycle goes on for too long. I have had probelms in the past when I went straight from a bulk into a cut and started getting symtoms about week 20. The easy way round this is to give blood every month, it solves the problem. You will know if your RBC is high as you feel totally tired and dizzy no strength.
    good stuff beast

I suppos ethe best thing will just be regular lab work as I want my RBC as high as possible (hematocrit around 50) for my endurance training (triathlons). Thanks for the info.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    normal rbc is around 5 give or take a 1/10th my last blood work results while running eq at 800mg/week for 16 weeks was up around 7.5..the doctor was actually a bit concerned why they were so high..high rbc will lower the wbc thus leading to icrease chances of infections among other things plus my bp was always elevated resting was around 140/100..you just need to keep an eye on it,hypertention may become an issue also

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman06
    I suppos ethe best thing will just be regular lab work as I want my RBC as high as possible (hematocrit around 50) for my endurance training (triathlons). Thanks for the info.
    50?? are you sure about that

Hematocrit normal figures are 39 - 51 % of volume, perhaps your doc gives them as 3.9 - 5.1 ? Regardless that is a HUGE increase, I was thinking more on the 1/10 level not full points, I've got to check that out because hypertension with counts that high could be disasterouse with eh kind of training I do.

vic99 is offline Junior Member
    When my rbc is high I get extremely tired and breathe heavy. I have found all aas increases my rbc. I give blood every 60 days and a double dose in fact. I feel 100% better after the blood is taken. I am sure everyone reacts differently however.

That is so strange as the racers I know try to up their RBC so they have increased endurance.

elevated RBC increases the bloods ability to carry oxygen therefore cardio should be better. If increased too much it makes you feel very ill and lethargic and is of no benefit whatsoever.

Thanks beast I appreciate the info. Did you ever get a hematocrit figure when you felt this way? I've been advised that 50 is a safe and effecive number for me to shoot for with EPO use as a training tool. I'm just wondering if anyone has a figure to go with "too high". thanks again.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    too high hematocrit is not good for normal ppl (cardio wise), optimal is 40 % BUT highly trained endurance athletes can ebnefit of having hematocrit of 60%.

I was not given a figure and at the time was not knowlegeable enough to ask for one. My friend had a more serious case and had three pints of blood removed over a couple of weeks. I will ask him if he remembersa his RBC figures.

Thread Information