adude006 is offline Associate Member

How much do blood tests cost?

I want to do a detailed test but i have no insurance (& never got a test done in the US) so kinda window shopping right now...

Minimum: check hormone levels, Liver values, Minerals/Vits values, lipids, cell count, PSA value.

Surrender is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by adude006
    I want to do a detailed test but i have no insurance (& never got a test done in the US) so kinda window shopping right now...

Minimum: check hormone levels, Liver values, Minerals/Vits values, lipids, cell count, PSA value.
    Hard to answer as it depends on several factors. Where you live, lab being used.....ECT.... click on the link

http://www.directlabs.com This will give you a start and prices if there's a direct lab in your area...But your going to still need a doctor in order to get a test if in Calif.
    Last edited by Surrender; 10-02-2006 at 03:31 PM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    here's another too that has good deals w/o insurance

www.healthcheckusa.com

stuball is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman
    here's another too that has good deals w/o insurance

www.healthcheckusa.com
    I think this is done with saliva .. hows it gonna be done correctly without blood ????

Surrender is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stuball
    I think this is done with saliva .. hows it gonna be done correctly without blood ????
    It absolutely has to be done by blood test. You need a CBC, prostate, cholestrol, liver and kidney panel done and a saliva test will not take care of these.....Blood withdraw only

Note: I never have my Testosterone levels check. I don't need my insurance knowing what the hell I'm doing. Also I know my test levels are going to be high anyways even 3-5 weeks after my last injection from past experience.
    Last edited by Surrender; 10-02-2006 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrender
    It absolutely has to be done by blood test. You need a CBC, prostate, cholestrol, liver and kidney panel done and a saliva test will not take care of these.....Blood withdraw only

Note: I never have my Testosterone levels check. I don't need my insurance knowing what the hell I'm doing. Also I know my test levels are going to be high anyways even 3-5 weeks after my last injection from past experience.
    I got a half assed blood work done after my first cycle, last year, need to get it done again, is that what i should have checked, im worried about my prostrate because im 43 y/o..

Here's a paragraph from the site
    How do I take a test?
    Simply choose which lab test you wish to take from the list offered, select the most convenient laboratory location, fill out the client information profile, and select your method of payment. You will be sent a personalized requisition form by first class mail to take to your selected laboratory location. The technician at the laboratory will draw a small sample of your blood for testing. As you have prepaid for this service, no further payment will be required at the laboratory.

Here's a paragraph from the site
    How do I take a test?
    Simply choose which lab test you wish to take from the list offered, select the most convenient laboratory location, fill out the client information profile, and select your method of payment. You will be sent a personalized requisition form by first class mail to take to your selected laboratory location. The technician at the laboratory will draw a small sample of your blood for testing. As you have prepaid for this service, no further payment will be required at the laboratory.
    Cool, good to know....But how much cheaper is it really ???

yeh man....cheaper than what bro....what a lab would charge straight up? or the other link that Surrender threw up....I never compared the two cuz I am lucky enuff to have insurance at the present but saw that as an option if i was ever denied cuz i get tested frequently....did you check the link out?

yeh man....cheaper than what bro....what a lab would charge straight up? or the other link that Surrender threw up....I never compared the two cuz I am lucky enuff to have insurance at the present but saw that as an option if i was ever denied cuz i get tested frequently....did you check the link out?
    What a doctor would charge, i dont have Ins. i pay out of pocket and with the doctor and lab fee its about $ 450.00...

adude006 is offline Associate Member
    cool websites, will check them out.

But $450 dam...what a rip off!

Quote Originally Posted by stuball
    What a doctor would charge, i dont have Ins. i pay out of pocket and with the doctor and lab fee its about $ 450.00...
    Nothing's cheap in NY !!!!!

one8nine is offline Banned
    hey!!! NO PRICE DISCUSSION ON AR!!

Quote Originally Posted by one8nine
    hey!!! NO PRICE DISCUSSION ON AR!!
    You gotta be kiddin !!!!!

Thread Information