THE_BOSS is offline Junior Member

Can my Doctor inform my insurance provider of the results to my blood work?

If I go in a get blood work done one week with "normal" levels and then go in several weeks later after starting a cycle can my Doctor inform my insurance provider of these changes? If so can I be dropped or put on "high risk" for health insurance? Has this ever come up before? Any information would be great.

Thanks guys,

THE BOSS

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think they take the liberty of informing. I think ins. will research your records when changing or applying for large surgeries, etc. So, everything that you tell (yes verbally) your doc is going to get written down on a piece of paper that will eventually find its way to the insurance. I don't think an abnormal blood test here or there will mean much of anything really.

However, abnormal bloodtests with an admission of drug use may come up to bite you in the future.

I love this place. Where else can you ask questions straight from left feild and have an informative reply in minutes?

Thanks for the quick response my friend. All others are still welcome. I would like to get as much information on this topic as possible. Due to the fact that I pay for my own insurance and I don't want to run any risk of being droped or rate hikes.

Thanks again,

THE BOSS

Ironman06 is offline New Member
    Confidentiality precludes him from advising them of his own free will. Now his keeping records of his assumptions and your test results and you signing the requesite medical record release form for any Life insurance or Medical insurance change or review is another issue entirely.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I am still debating to tell my doc i am on juice for this very reason . I might make and appointment and start the conversation like this.

If i am taking something that i wish to discuss with you but DO NOT want it in my record what-so-ever is this something i can trust you with ?

My doc has been seeing me since i was a little kid so i am sure he will say ok. Still not 100 percent how he will respond but i would still rather be truthful so i can be monitored after cycles.

No prob bob. Id be interested to hear more as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    I am still debating to tell my doc i am on juice for this very reason . I might make and appointment and start the conversation like this.

If i am taking something that i wish to discuss with you but DO NOT want it in my record what-so-ever is this something i can trust you with ?
    My doc has been seeing me since i was a little kid so i am sure he will say ok. Still not 100 percent how he will respond but i would still rather be truthful so i can be monitored after cycles.
    Great point! Shame you can't go out for drinks.

Anyone else have any thoughts ir feelings in this matter?

Thanks,

THE BOSS

sheltonn is offline Junior Member
    I would say don't take the risk. Get another doctor that is not in your insurance company's network and pay him out of pocket. In the end, you don't want a doctor, you want someone to monitor your blood work. Worst case is something goes wrong (even unrelated) and they don't want to cover you.

Quote Originally Posted by sheltonn
    I would say don't take the risk. Get another doctor that is not in your insurance company's network and pay him out of pocket. In the end, you don't want a doctor, you want someone to monitor your blood work. Worst case is something goes wrong (even unrelated) and they don't want to cover you.

Thats a good point. Does anyone have expirence with this sorta thing? What does blood work normaly cost? I would like to get some info on this so when I start making calls tomorrow I can have an idea of what is hi and what is low.

Thanks,

THE BOSS

Thread Information