beachbuff is offline New Member

Pain 2 days after injection

Hello there. =)

This is my first time to post on this web site. So please be nice. =)

I've just started my first cycle (i.e. Yes, I'm virgin to this stuff) and finally got my nerve to do my first shot on my right quad with 1 cc of Test E which I will need to do this every 4 days. It was painless and so excited to do it again on the fourth day.

Everything went well until the 2nd day. It's sore like someone kicked me on my thigh. There are no bruises. I did NOT get fever or anything. The pain is somewhat bearable but I'm slightly limping when I first walk a few minutes. I go back to a normal walk after that.

Here's the question, the fourth day is coming up and I'm not sure if I should shoot it on the same right quad area (i.e. not the same exact spot, of course) but maybe a little bit higher. Should I do it or should I sacrifice my left quad (i.e. Also a virgin spot)? I heard about the normal pain with virgin muscles but I am not about to sacrifice both my quads with pain. Also, after doing the first shot on the quads, does this mean I won't feel that same after-pain the 2nd time around (i.e. the same area)?

BTW, my leg workout is 3 days from now and the way I work out is that notion of "No pain No gain." Is it a good idea to work it hard even with the soreness on the quads present? I'm just afraid I'll aggravate the injection sites further leaving me limping even further.

Please advice.

Your no-longer-virgin guy (i.e. when it comes to injection, that is),

Beachbuff

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Change your injection site. I'd go for a glute shot. If you don't want to then, atleast go for the other quad.

Try warming your muscle up before injecting, by having a hot bath first. Massage the injection site after you inject. You could also put a heating pad over the injection site after the injection.

Iron-man is offline Associate Member

I had the same problem (ouch!!!)

That test_e is a hertz donut!!!
    Here is a link where someone else had the same issue. I found my solution & now no problems. I was getting tired of feeling like someone was hitting my quads with a baseball bat every week.

Painfull injections!!!

My post is #11 by Iron-Man, worked for me anyway

Cfiler,

Thanks for the quick response. =)

I was contemplating of changing the spot completely to glutes. I have a feeling I won't have any after-pain response to the shots because I usually get injected on that area anyway when I get sever allergic reaction and I don't get any after-pain after that type of shot.

Do you think I will not get any after-pain with Test E on that area if I've had shots there before? Just want to know what you think? Also, any web links to show how to "self-administer" shot to the glutes?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbuff
    Hello there. =)
    ...BTW, my leg workout is 3 days from now and the way I work out is that notion of "No pain No gain." Is it a good idea to work it hard even with the soreness on the quads present? I'm just afraid I'll aggravate the injection sites further leaving me limping even further.

Beachbuff
    Also, just a thought, be a bit careful. I worked legs a few times when my quad was killing me...then my knee swelled up, then came my calf, then ankle & foot.
    My whole leg swelled up. It took a few days to go away, but what a pain in the aas in the mean time. What caused it was doing really deep squats. After that I changed my range of motion (less of course) & did much more leg press's instead.

Iron-man,

Thanks for the input. I saw you're reply from the other thread you've mentioned. I guess it's good to know that I'm not the only one who's having the problem. I definitely don't want feel, as what you've said, "being hit by a baseball bat" every week. =) Not a good way to live!

Here's my plan. I'm going to try the glutes first. If the pain also persists on that side, I'll try your "somewhat-hamstring" area. Wish you had a diagram of a thigh and just put an "x" mark on it. I like visuals. =)

Thanks again.

Beachbuff

I don't have a pic to work with, but what I do is flex the quad & feel for the separation between the quad muscles & the hams. Then go about 1 1/2 finger widths (about an inch) on to the quad muscle (away from the hams). Next be sure to be just above the mid point of the thigh. I think this works because that part of the quad does not move (extend/contract) as much as the rest of it does, hence less movement= less pain. I have done this for about a month now. Example: I just did this 2 days ago & there is some soreness, but I barely notice it as I go up & down my stairs. My brother is the one who suggested it to me as it worked for him too.

Thread Information