stuball is offline Banned

Blood work done need help !!!!!!

Did my last shot last Mon of a 14 week cycle first 4 weeks d-bol 40 mgs a day --- 1 thru 14 test enan 600 a week, and last week started proviron 50 mgs a day, cant make heads or tails of most of the blood work what she did tell me is i need to get a colonoscopy this is what i can tell you that she said is high or not normal= CK, TOTAL 246 ------- FERRITIN 53 ------ HEMOGLOBIN 18.9 ----HEMATOCRIT 56.0 ----HDL CHOLESTEROL 37 --- CHOLESTROL/HDL RATIO 5.3 --- LDL CHOL, CALCULATED 142 ---TIBC 453 ---TEST LEVEL TOTAL 2293 Now i have to consider i didnt even start pct yet ( next mon ) i have all the blood work in front of me if anyone has questions... Oh and total CHOLESTEROL 195..
    Last edited by stuball; 10-16-2006 at 01:17 PM.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    smarter to do BW after PCT... now those units are different of we use here and Im too lazy to check em but Ill try to answer a lil ..

CK = creatine kinase.. maybe high cause of high intensity training..
    Ferritin = iron levels... is it high or low, dunno..
    Hemoglobin prolly high after a cycle....
    Hematocrit is the procentage of BRC vs plasma and it is pretty high but normal after a cycle...
    Yout cholesterols are pretty bad but not terrible (if I remember the conversion factor right), LDL is kinda bad especially.
    TIBC = ?
    total test.. as u would expect with so9meone who still has a lot of gear in the system..

Did you think your BW would look normal right after cycle?
    Wait a few weeks after PCT then get it done.

I got it done because i had to get a new doctor, and im 44 y/o, i was felling pretty shitty, And had to get a check up so i told her to do blood work WTF at my age you never know whats gonna pop up... Believe me i was laffin my as$ off when i seen the test levels, she was so cofused, so i told her, im gonna go back in a couple of months and get it done again she was worried about the Ferritin, she has me going to get my ears cleaned, and see a dermatalogist, she thinks im made of money ( i dont have ins. ) But she's pretty fvckin thorough...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    Did you think your BW would look normal right after cycle?
    Wait a few weeks after PCT then get it done.
    Of course not !!!

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    yeah and you will see a difference when you get the next results..

is 2293 test normal after a cycle ???

What should i look for, concerning my liver and kidneys ??

Quote Originally Posted by stuball
    Bump for more input .....

juicejunkie2 is offline Associate Member
    Did my last shot last Mon of a 14 week cycle first 4 weeks d-bol 40 mgs a day --- 1 thru 14 test enan 600 a week, and last week started proviron 50 mgs a day, cant make heads or tails of most of the blood work what she did tell me is i need to get a colonoscopy this is what i can tell you that she said is high or not normal= CK, TOTAL 246 ------- FERRITIN 53 ------ HEMOGLOBIN 18.9 ----HEMATOCRIT 56.0 ----HDL CHOLESTEROL 37 --- CHOLESTROL/HDL RATIO 5.3 --- LDL CHOL, CALCULATED 142 ---TIBC 453 ---TEST LEVEL TOTAL 2293 Now i have to consider i didnt even start pct yet ( next mon ) i have all the blood work in front of me if anyone has questions... Oh and total CHOLESTEROL 195..

TIBC = Total Iron Binding capacity (normal range is 262-474 µg/dL so you're on high end of normal)
    Ferritin... normal range is 18-250 ng/mL (Male) so not sure why she's concerned about those values as they seem normal.

Though your Hemoglobin and Hematocrit values are high normal, I suspect that is probably due to supplement use (are you using B complex?) . The LDL values suck ... should try to maintain under 100 along with increasing HDL values above 45 ... if one can increase it further they can actually "reverse" atherosclerosis to a degree. It's actually good that you got the BW now .. so you can compare the before and after values to see exactly how gear affects your body. CK values are most likely high due to the heavy workouts as someone mentioned above.. normally 38-120 ng/mL but increase due to damage to muscle cells.

The values of concern for LFT (Liver function test) are the AST and ALT.
    Normally:

Aspartate aminotransferase (AST) 5-35 U/L

Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) 7-56 U/L

These enzymes are released into bloodstream when the liver cells are damaged so obviously increase.. ALT is more specific for the liver then AST which is found in other cells mitochondria also.

For Kidneys main thing of concern is if there's blood or protein in the urine along with the specific gravity which gives insight about the urine concentrating capacity of the kidneys. They also check pH, bilirubin, leukocytes, nitrites etc to check for infections etc.

Hope that helps some.

Quote Originally Posted by juicejunkie2
    TIBC = Total Iron Binding capacity (normal range is 262-474 µg/dL so you're on high end of normal)
    Ferritin... normal range is 18-250 ng/mL (Male) so not sure why she's concerned about those values as they seem normal.

Though your Hemoglobin and Hematocrit values are high normal, I suspect that is probably due to supplement use (are you using B complex?) . The LDL values suck ... should try to maintain under 100 along with increasing HDL values above 45 ... if one can increase it further they can actually "reverse" atherosclerosis to a degree. It's actually good that you got the BW now .. so you can compare the before and after values to see exactly how gear affects your body. CK values are most likely high due to the heavy workouts as someone mentioned above.. normally 38-120 ng/mL but increase due to damage to muscle cells.
    What can i do about LDL VALUES, the sups im useing are 6000 mgs a day ***** 3 garlik extract 1200 mgs a day cal-mag citrate 1000 mgs a day and crandbery 1200 mgs a day plus milk thistle 1000 mgs a day.. And what should i look for, for my liver on this blood work ?? And kidneys ?? Oh and a tablespoon of flax seed oil a day..

Many doctors recommend Niacin fot LDL and Triglycerides. It is available over the counter as a suppliment BUT remember that the required does for it to work as cholesterol medication is over 500mg/day and DOES carry adverse effects like facial flushing etc so ask your doc if it's right for you instead of just going to the store and buying some. I'm not sure what you mean by what you should be looking for with your liver and kidney results besides what I posted above but if you forward me the results them maybe I can review them and answer any questions you may have.

The values of concern for LFT (Liver function test) are the AST and ALT.
    Normally:

Aspartate aminotransferase (AST) 5-35 U/L

Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) 7-56 U/L

These enzymes are released into bloodstream when the liver cells are damaged so obviously increase.. ALT is more specific for the liver then AST which is found in other cells mitochondria also.

For Kidneys main thing of concern is if there's blood or protein in the urine along with the specific gravity which gives insight about the urine concentrating capacity of the kidneys. They also check pH, bilirubin, leukocytes, nitrites etc to check for infections etc.

Hope that helps some.
    Ok heres everything SODIUM-140---POTASSIUM -4.8---CHLORIDE-102---CARBONDIOXIDE-24---UREA NITROGEN-16CREATININE=0.9---BUN/CREATININE RATIO-17.8--CALCIUM-9.2---PROTEIN TOTAL-7.3---ALBUMIN-4.6---GLOBULIN,CALCULATED-2.7---A/G RATIO --1.7---BILIRUBIN,TOTAL--0.57---ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE-52---AST-22---ALT-21 So it looks like the liver and kidneys are good???

Ok heres everything SODIUM-140---POTASSIUM -4.8---CHLORIDE-102---CARBONDIOXIDE-24---UREA NITROGEN-16CREATININE=0.9---BUN/CREATININE RATIO-17.8--CALCIUM-9.2---PROTEIN TOTAL-7.3---ALBUMIN-4.6---GLOBULIN,CALCULATED-2.7---A/G RATIO --1.7---BILIRUBIN,TOTAL--0.57---ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE-52---AST-22---ALT-21 So it looks like the liver and kidneys are good???

Bro EVERY value is within range so YES you're good to go. Again, this is good that you got a BW during and get one after because this will show you the difference b/w the 2. It may just be that you're "normal" values are lower while these values are higher (but within range).
    Last edited by juicejunkie2; 10-16-2006 at 06:49 PM.

Bro EVERY value is within range so YES you're good to go. Again, this is good that you got a BW during and get one after because this will show you the difference b/w the 2. It may just be that you're "normal" values are lower while these values are higher (but within range).
    Thanks bro !!!

Thanks bro !!!
    Glad to help!

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Many doctors recommend Niacin fot LDL and Triglycerides. It is available over the counter as a suppliment BUT remember that the required does for it to work as cholesterol medication is over 500mg/day and DOES carry adverse effects like facial flushing etc so ask your doc if it's right for you instead of just going to the store and buying some. I'm not sure what you mean by what you should be looking for with your liver and kidney results besides what I posted above but if you forward me the results them maybe I can review them and answer any questions you may have.
    actually niacin is used for HDL not LDL...

Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    actually niacin is used for HDL not LDL...

If you say so pal ... it DOES increase HDL along with lowering LDL and to a lesser degree triglycerides.

Thanks everyone......

Thread Information