BEAR101 is offline Associate Member

On cycle and arms wont grow please help!!!

Every cycle ive done my weight goes up i get bigger but thiere is alwasy very little or no change in my arms.. i weigh 210 3 weeks into my cycle and my arms are only 16.5" very upsetting what should i do?

my cycle

875 andropen a week
    75 mg tren eod
    deca 550 a week
    test e 200 a week
    dbol 50mg ed

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    what does ur arm workout look like?

Jsik98 is offline Member
    what's the point of the test e when you're already getting 875 a week from the andropen ?? What kind of exercises are you doing for your arms??

Quote Originally Posted by Jsik98
    what's the point of the test e when you're already getting 875 a week from the andropen?? What kind of exercises are you doing for your arms??
    UR A GOD DAMN COPY CAT.YOU CANT GO TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY.

jkilla13 is offline Junior Member
    maybe you need to reconstruct your arm workout

Quote Originally Posted by jkilla13
    maybe you need to reconstruct your arm workout
    you cant go to my b-day party either

Uconish is offline Member
    everybody is obsessed with arm size....i want to know how big your calves are?

Jsik98 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty
    UR A GOD DAMN COPY CAT.YOU CANT GO TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY.
    Please refrain from all caps posts....

pit_bully is offline Associate Member
    I would say Schmity is right when he asked what does your arm workout look like? I asked the same question before and peeps asked what was my arm workout like? I thought I was working as hard as anybody in the gym, but what you do for exercises is not always the answer. For me it was the intensity my arms needed to start growing. My arm workout is actually less now than what it was, but I have increased the intensity 10fold. I have simply refocused the golden rule of 1second up=2 seconds back down. A good hard squeeze at the top an occasional pause mid way and I started getting some growth. Half the set fast paced half the set extremely slow. Maybe it can work for you to.

Quote Originally Posted by Uconish
    everybody is obsessed with arm size....i want to know how big your calves are?
    My
    Arms= 18 1/4
    Calves= 18 1/8
    Neck= 19

Im obviously not a pro body builder with these measurements, but from what I gather your arms, neck & Calves should be within an inch or so of each other to be somewhat proportioned correctly. I look pretty well proportioned and asked then same question. So I believe he was asking for help not to be questioned about the size of his calves. Not trying to be a dick. I feel ya. Lots of peeps are only worried about arms, but remember that we must give the benefit of the doubt and help. Your post did not help him whatsoever.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAR101
    Every cycle ive done my weight goes up i get bigger but thiere is alwasy very little or no change in my arms.. i weigh 210 3 weeks into my cycle and my arms are only 16.5" very upsetting what should i do?

my cycle

875 andropen a week
    75 mg tren eod
    deca 550 a week
    test e 200 a week
    dbol 50mg ed
    Concentrate on your arms and neglect other parts. It's a trade off. The nutritants will go the the over worked muscles. This is at the explense
    of other muscles. Your call.

sooners04 is online now Senior Member
    Squats, Deads, etc.....

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Ufa
    Concentrate on your arms and neglect other parts. It's a trade off. The nutritants will go the the over worked muscles. This is at the explense
    No, thats IMO very poor advice.

Arms grow with the rest of your body, you'll never see someone with big arms and small back, chest, legs etc....

IMO you're probably too eager and you're overtraining them, stop giving them they're own workout, just do a couple of pump sets at the end of your chest workouts, and the same for bis and back...

Try it for 3 weeks - you won't be sorry

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bor
    No, thats IMO very poor advice.

Arms grow with the rest of your body, you'll never see someone with big arms and small back, chest, legs etc....

IMO you're probably too eager and you're overtraining them, stop giving them they're own workout, just do a couple of pump sets at the end of your chest workouts, and the same for bis and back...

Try it for 3 weeks - you won't be sorry
    While I agree that his advice was poor your reason for saying his advice sucks was almost as bad!

There are many people with big arms and small shoulders/back/chest/legs. Think about all of the people you see with a huge back and tiny arms. There are even a couple people like that on this forum. Hell, look at Marcus Ruhl's triceps! They are freakin' tiny compared to the rest of his body! Some people just grow at different rates.

The rest of your advice is right on the money, though. The less I trained my biceps the more they grew. Now I always train biceps with back and triceps with chest.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by salmon1
    how many total sets for arms scriptfactory. Do you push them to complete failure?
    I do two exercises @ 2-3 sets each (usually 2.) I always push myself to ALMOST complete failure, which isn't that hard after finishing a good chest/back workout. I feel that it isn't necessary to totally thrash your body, but that's just me.

AllGearedUp is offline Associate Member
    back and bis, chest and tris.

Tommy Boy is offline Junior Member
    Go heavy. Mix it up. Short and sweet. Do 1 warm up set 12 15 . Catch your outer bicep head with some hammer curls or reverse (palms down)EZ bar curls.
    Inside head with close grip preacher curls, standing barbell curls, Zots.
    DO NOT DO MORE THAN 2 WORK SETS. Change it up every 4 to 6 weeks. They WILL f***ing grow.
    Your Biceps get nailed with any pulling exercise for other body parts(back) so it's easy to overtrain them.

My arms won't grow at all. I just gave up on them. I don't even work them anymore and they seem to be a tad bigger then when I was doing BB curls, pushdowns, extensions etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    My arms won't grow at all. I just gave up on them. I don't even work them anymore and they seem to be a tad bigger then when I was doing BB curls, pushdowns, extensions etc.
    I still do tries but i rarley do bis because i feel pretty pumped whrn i do my back

bor
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    While I agree that his advice was poor your reason for saying his advice sucks was almost as bad!

There are many people with big arms and small shoulders/back/chest/legs. Think about all of the people you see with a huge back and tiny arms. There are even a couple people like that on this forum. Hell, look at Marcus Ruhl's triceps! They are freakin' tiny compared to the rest of his body! Some people just grow at different rates.

The rest of your advice is right on the money, though. The less I trained my biceps the more they grew. Now I always train biceps with back and triceps with chest.
    I meant more along the lines of Ronnies arms on Brad Pitts body not Ruhls tris and his upper body

bor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Boy
    Go heavy. Mix it up. Short and sweet.
    3 most important things right there

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    i am in the same situation, my shoulders/back/chest overpower my arms. i decided to just deal with that shit. arms are not small by any means, but proportion wise are lacking to the rest of my body, at leat to me.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    I do two exercises @ 2-3 sets each (usually 2.) I always push myself to ALMOST complete failure, which isn't that hard after finishing a good chest/back workout. I feel that it isn't necessary to totally thrash your body, but that's just me.
    Agreed, I do Tri's at the end of my chest/shoulder routine and Bi's at the end of my back routine.

3-4sets to failure and they are growing consistantly.. Just broke 18" and under 10%BF.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    Agreed, I do Tri's at the end of my chest/shoulder routine and Bi's at the end of my back routine.

3-4sets to failure and they are growing consistantly.. Just broke 18" and under 10%BF.
    do you train them once or twice a week..thx

Lets say Chest/shoulders tri is on MONDAY, and Back/traps/bis are on TUES.
    So twice/wk but once/wk on each bodypart.

fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    Lets say Chest/shoulders tri is on MONDAY, and Back/traps/bis are on TUES.
    So twice/wk but once/wk on each bodypart.
    can you explain more cause i got confused here..

Thanx for the input.... sorry i couldnt reply faster i got bis with back and tris with chest... for bis i do heavy barbell curls and heavy dumbbell curls... for tris i do heavy skulls crushers pushdowns and close grip bench

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy
    can you explain more cause i got confused here..
    hmm...
    workout schedule:
    sun - off
    mon - chest/shoulders/tri's
    tues -off
    wed - back/traps/bi's
    thurs -off
    fri - legs/calves
    sat -off

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    You have to keep changing it up to find out what works for you. For starters I might train bi's/tri's at the beginning of the workout or just by themselves.

jsimon is offline Associate Member
    I wish my arms were smaller.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me

on cycle and arms wont grow please help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ufa
    Are you kidding????I hope you are!!!

HALL OF SHAME material!

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    lol.. hall of shame is right

i think alot of arm size depends on gentics.. i have always had great biceps and i barely work them. 18" at 5'7" height.. tho when i was younger i worked them more then anything else.. my advice would be to go hard and mix it up.. close grip curls, wide grip, mix the routine up every couple weeks.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    Agree with AnaB..arms are genetic like hell...my arms grown just looking at a preacher curl...I have to bust my ass on legs however(not as gifted but hard work paying off)

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Not sure if this helps, but as a first question, are you just trying to make your arms grown with heavy bicep routines?

I always find the best way to gain arm size was to do some heavy Tricep exercises (3 muscles instead of 2 for bi's). This usually helps me do things like bench slightly more and I will notice a little more chest mass but both my tri's and bi's would get bigger making it a double hit on overall arm size. Im not sure if Im saying what I want to with this but Im sure you get the point.

The only thing I have ever done is a short 4 week creatine cycle and I maintain over 17" cold arms

Lift heavy.
    Gold

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Yeah Ufa was kidding.

Mine is a hybrid of I**'s and Roidatt's.
    I take advantage of the pre-exhaust principle training chest then Tris; but because I work them so hard I prefer fresh Bi’s then back; shoulders then legs.

There's no cookie cutter formula because of the numerous variables. That is to say, even if you scrutinize the successful program of someone else, in person or on paper/webpage, you'll still miss critical factors such as (exercises, intensity; lifting order; poundage; light/heavy days; muscle capacity; rest time; multiple contractions and types of movements, etc.). Result oriented lifting is a very individual experience that is bred of experimentation. Even when you find a formula that works for you, it will eventually fail to produce necessitating replacement.

A good starting point is to make specific adjustments (such as the above factors), and to document change regardless of direction (positive, negative or neutral). These changes can be macro or micro depending on the person, as long as you continue to assess and improve your program.

M.

Well guys thanx for all the mostly good input lol the genetics thing is true for sure and genetically my bi ceps are my worst muscle group ... legs and chest being my best. I think im gonna go with lifting super heavy and hard with as many variations that i can think of every 2 weeks

Thread Information