Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Something I was thinking about for my website

I was thinking about the way you can go to the *Please read the rules. Do not post UGL names.* website, and type in a name of a source, and check if they are an authorized remailer....I was wondering if people would be interested if I put a similar feature on my site, which would be a sourcecheck feature, where you could type in the name of a source, and see if they are legit or a scammer, or unknown so far.

Would anyone be interested in seeing a feature like this on my site? (It would be updated as frequently as necessary)

Dangerdan is offline Senior Member
    Anthony,

I would be interested and I sure other would as well.

V_Vandetta is offline Senior Member
    sounds Like a great idea bro go for It

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes, that would be greate.

It would require constant feedback and updating from people, though...and it would require I compile an initial database of maybe 50 or so sources...so constant feedback from people who visit my site would be necessary...

I'm assuming everyone here would also be willing to help me out with this, if I decide to give it a go....

Quote Originally Posted by salmon1
    How would it work though.. Would you enter the source's URL or the source's email address or what
    You would enter the source's URL or E-mail and then you'd get a reply about whether the source is legit or is a source I haven't come across. Getting a "legit" response means the source has always been good in the past, while a response of "Unknown" would mean that the source simply is not known to me. Same thing as a regular source check, basically, but it would be a free feature for everyone who wants to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Roberts
    It would require constant feedback and updating from people, though...and it would require I compile an initial database of maybe 50 or so sources...so constant feedback from people who visit my site would be necessary...

I'm assuming everyone here would also be willing to help me out with this, if I decide to give it a go....

is this for .com's or UGL's

Quote Originally Posted by V_Vandetta
    is this for .com's or UGL's
    All of them. .coms, e-mail addys, and UGLs. If someone is legit, they'll be in the database as soon as I can confirm that they're legit.

All of them. .coms, e-mail addys, and UGLs. If someone is legit, they'll be in the database as soon as I can confirm that they're legit.

count me In ..... I know plenty of ligit UGL's that i have used ,, and I belong to sevral Open boards ....

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    I like the idea. Would help cut back on the pm source checks the mods/vets get, as well as from what I've seen lately, basically just complaining by new guys about how they gotta wait this long to pm and that long to check a source.

Quote Originally Posted by DARKSEID
    I like the idea. Would help cut back on the pm source checks the mods/vets get, as well as from what I've seen lately, basically just complaining by new guys about how they gotta wait this long to pm and that long to check a source.
    Ok...yeah, I think the main advantage is that it will keep everyone on even ground, and not having to rely on mods/vets for a sourcecheck...it's a way to let everyone keep from getting ripped off, and would be reasonably easy to maintain, if I get enough feedback. I think I'll run with the idea as soon as I get maybe 50 different UGs names, e-mail addies, and .com URLs.

Ok...yeah, I think the main advantage is that it will keep everyone on even ground, and not having to rely on mods/vets for a sourcecheck...it's a way to let everyone keep from getting ripped off, and would be reasonably easy to maintain, if I get enough feedback. I think I'll run with the idea as soon as I get maybe 50 different UGs names, e-mail addies, and .com URLs.

true but IMO will take alot of work keeping up.. becasue we both know its not uncommen for UGL to go scammer.. and than with all the new labs popping up ED along with .coms . seems like alot of work

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    I would be all for it as long as everyone responded honestly about the product. We all know that sometimes people promote other UGL's just to help theyre business start. I would like to see true feedback on the labs product. i would contribute to this as well, of course.....

Quote Originally Posted by goalseeker
    I would be all for it as long as everyone responded honestly about the product. We all know that sometimes people promote other UGL's just to help theyre business start. I would like to see true feedback on the labs product. i would contribute to this as well, of course.....
    I'm going to establish a list of criteria for stuff like this, and going to maybe even put out a "Top 10" list of UG's and stuff like that. Lets face it, people are going to endorse the lab who gives them the most free shit, and if you're a Vet or Mod (or board owner), chances are you get a ton of freebies from at least one lab (which you're probably going to then say is the best bro around and is so respected in the game, blah blah blah). Well, I'm going to probably weigh comments like that very low, I don't care if the person is a respected Vet in the community (like AssFiller and people like him), or just a newbie who got good service. In fact, the way sources treat the "nobodies" is how I'm going to measure their service/credibility and products...not how they treat the "important" people.

Well, I'm going to probably weigh comments like that very low, I don't care if the person is a respected Vet in the community (like AssFiller and people like him), or just a newbie who got good service. In fact, the way sources treat the "nobodies" is how I'm going to measure their service/credibility and products...not how they treat the "important" people.

amen brotha thats the way it should be and earned

How are you going to avoid getting busted and going to prison?

LMAO

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I checked mine with the site was ok and they were still supposely selling counterfiets.

I'm going to establish a list of criteria for stuff like this, and going to maybe even put out a "Top 10" list of UG's and stuff like that. Lets face it, people are going to endorse the lab who gives them the most free shit, and if you're a Vet or Mod (or board owner), chances are you get a ton of freebies from at least one lab (which you're probably going to then say is the best bro around and is so respected in the game, blah blah blah). Well, I'm going to probably weigh comments like that very low, I don't care if the person is a respected Vet in the community (like AssFiller and people like him), or just a newbie who got good service. In fact, the way sources treat the "nobodies" is how I'm going to measure their service/credibility and products...not how they treat the "important" people.

Def. a good idea to separate class's between the ugl's that have been around and proven themselves to very well known people down to the guy who's doing his first cycle and the ones that are relatively new.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    LMAO
    i second that....

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    I checked mine with the site was ok and they were still supposely selling counterfiets.

I have heard of a few that do this .. also one in mind that sells knock off mex gear real gear but knock off label

BG
    Sounds like a set up for selective scamming through .coms. I mean they could send out some real gear in the beginning, then once on your list start scamming.

BG
    I have heard of a few that do this .. also one in mind that sells knock off mex gear real gear but knock off label
    Mine was the one AR mentioned in the beginning.

Sounds like a set up for selective scamming through .coms. I mean they could send out some real gear in the beginning, then once on your list start scamming.

that was my point as well ... I think a good screening process and time lime in the game with Reffs and posstive feedback not just from Vets and board owners

BG
    I would say fuc .coms all together, they get enough business through search engines. Theres no way I could see this working, even if you tested them, the ugl could send you out a hot batch. Maybe if random users tested their gear without anyone knowing, send AR the results and he re-inbursted them the $$ or gear.........................still to many ways to get fuc'd. Sounds like a $$$ maker to me.

do it, but establish some sort of rating system, to indicate strengths and weaknesses perhaps.

BG
    Are you saying Anthony Roberts is intending to have this feature so he can get cash from suppliers?

BG
    Just doesnt seem like a good idea, just like the scammers list years ago, people could sabatoge other ugl's but having people make false claims of scamming.

I would say fuc .coms all together, they get enough business through search engines. Theres no way I could see this working, even if you tested them, the ugl could send you out a hot batch. Maybe if random users tested their gear without anyone knowing, send AR the results and he re-inbursted them the $$ or gear.........................still to many ways to get fuc'd. Sounds like a $$$ maker to me.

makes sense now .....

manwithin is offline Associate Member
    Who is hosting your website, is it hosted overseas? are you going to be using a database for this list SSL to your web sever? I mean any little script kiddy can crack in to unsecured web servers, now what do you think the DEA would and could do to your site if you didn't use secure socket connections from a different server.... That's right they will have this list of legit dealers... Because of this reason I don't think any domestic dealers would want to be on this golden list...... JMHO

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    this is what I would do... randomly from the lab just to see whos on the up and up.... nowadays you cant trust anybody, the only way is to pay the $100 and get the gear checked... too many people getting ripped off...

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    sounds like a great idea... this 45 day 100 posts rule is ridiculous for the newbs.. only benefits the hal of famers....and it will definitely make your site get hundreds of extra hits a day..

you said it sounds like a $$$ maker (for hooker)
    Who cares if it is or isn't, it's not any different from the guys that give money to boards to receive legit sources.

BG
    Who cares if it is or isn't, it's not any different from the guys that give money to boards to receive legit sources.
    Your way off, he's talking about UGL's paying to be on the list.

Your way off, he's talking about UGL's paying to be on the list.

My bad then, thought he meant for buyers.

BG
    My bad then, thought he meant for buyers.
    No problem bud.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Well who would be validating wether or not they are legit or a scammer ? You ?

Sure, why not. Not to say I will solely use that to validate any source but still....
    Last edited by guest589745; 10-20-2006 at 04:28 PM.

BG
    Never mind.

When are you going to make that new steroid effectiveness chart that we posted all these ideas for............Been awhile. Did you give up on that?

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Are you saying Anthony Roberts is intending to have this feature so he can get cash from suppliers?
    he has proved in the past that he is NOT totally un-biased and likes to bring people down who argued with him. BUT i like the idea but i think tony is'nt the man who is trustworthy enough to do this honostly IMO.

-rodge

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I dont like the sound of it at all. And..I dont like the one on ** site and wouldnt use it to verify any source.

There are too many complications and problems that can arise IMHO. Any idea may also bring down what reputation you have Anthony.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information