ascendant is offline Senior Member

where to have those macros during a cycle?

just wanted to get some feedback from you guys as to where your micros should generally be when on a cycle? i know your macros and caloric needs will vary depending on the individual, but just wanted to get some feedback considering i unquestionably need to change mine up. first reason, i'm gaining some fat. second, after every meal i'm overfull to the point where i kind of want to kill myself. now, considering i'm eating 7 times a day, that's a lot of suicidal thoughts there guys. anyway, here's what's up right now...

my weight: approx. 194lbs
    height: 5'11
    bf%: 8.5
    cycle: test enan 400mg/wk, deca 240mg/wk
    total caloric intake: 4,440cals/day
    fat: 83
    carbs:483
    protein:386

now, i think my big issue with being overfull all the time is too much carbs and too few fats? obviously i'm also looking to bring the cals down a bit so i stop gaining fat. i know most people say you need 5000+cals/day while on a cycle, but obviously since at only 4440cals i'm gaining extra fat already, i'm not at that point yet. anyway, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    You need to constantly keep track and adjust according to your results. Not easy but that is what needs to be done.

I dont see a reason to ever lower protein though. If you are gaining too much fat I would lower carbs incrementally.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    You need to constantly keep track and adjust according to your results. Not easy but that is what needs to be done.

I dont see a reason to ever lower protein though. If you are gaining too much fat I would lower carbs incrementally.
    as far as adjusting according to my results, i know that's how adjusting your calories works of course. however, what i'm really looking to know is what are the more commonly suggested macros for your fats, carbs, and protein while on a cycle? is it all just very individualized or is there certain %'s for each that you should generally follow? i know they have the diet section that explains caloric intakes for bulking, but i would assume that while on a cycle, the hormonal changes would require slightly different macro balances.

Well I am sure someone could give you a guidline but wouldnt it be optimal if you adjusted it (Like I said) according to your progress/goals specifically?

The macros you have now could be used as an outline of sorts, it looks fine basically.

Maybe I**mfkr will chime in eventually.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    Well I am sure someone could give you a guidline but wouldnt it be optimal if you adjusted it (Like I said) according to your progress/goals specifically?

The macros you have now could be used as an outline of sorts, it looks fine basically.

Maybe I**mfkr will chime in eventually.....
    thanks bro. so, you don't think i should increase the fats and decrease the carbs then?

regardless, those cals have to come down, not just cause of the slight fat increase i've had, but cause i just can't stomach it all. i can deal with nausea from eating a lot here and there, but not all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    thanks bro. so, you don't think i should increase the fats and decrease the carbs then?

regardless, those cals have to come down, not just cause of the slight fat increase i've had, but cause i just can't stomach it all. i can deal with nausea from eating a lot here and there, but not all day long.

I would compensate for the lowering of the carbs with higher protein (maybe a little fat?)if you could stomach it. Maybe try to lower the carbs only, then if you can staomach that, stick with it. If not, lower the fat mostly and perhaps some protein, until you can handle it. If your gains cease or whatever, then I would bump the protein up.

Im no expert but, from what I know, that makes at least a little sense. Hell there is a ton of things you could try, someone more knowledgable should help you, not me. Im just throwin shit out here, sorry.

Thread Information