Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Zandria is offline Female Member

T3-thyriod shut down- how would you know

When i run T3 im running at low doses, but ive been wondering.. Other then a blood test, how would one know if their thyriod had shut down completly?

You would put body fat on at an accelerated rate.
    -XL

jing jai

good to know ty.

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    I dont think your thyroid can be shutdown completely unless you run megadoses of t3 for a long period of time...??

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Get bloodwork done.

Without that you are flying blind.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

I had a thread a few weeks back about my apparent tolderance to a t3/clen stack. It was sugeted to me that i up the dose of each. I was just going to work harder in the gym and run more bulk stacks, but clen/t3 is cheap compared to var+primo so i was just wondering. And i do get work done but because of my insurance i have to pay for each test plus the doc visit if my results are funky and i want a second opnion.

Zandria...my wife seems to be immune to clen /t3 as well, shes gotten several blood tests and thyroid function and all is normal...which left us baffled....

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    t3 will not shut your thyroid down. that's an age-old myth that needs to end. people go on that stuff for years, come off, and it's takes nothing more than a few months for the thyroid production to get back to normal even after that long of a suppression. countless studies have been done confirming this and not one that has shown any info confirming the shut-down myth. you have absolutely nothing to worry about as far as that's concerned.

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member

"Hooker" wrote an article on this

Zandria,

A female athlete, who used to be a Mod. on this site, completely shut down her own natural production of thyroid hormones by using T3. She no longer posts here, but it was a pretty scarry time for her.

She got some good "professional" advice from Anthony Roberts (nee: "Hooker") on how to restart your thyroid, and it eventually turned into an article he wrote on the subject.

Although I'm loathe to advise you to e-mail him ("Show me the money!!!") he may condescend to send you a link to the article in question.

Good luck. Don't burn out your thyroid just to drop a dress size. You're probably already in great shape.

-BigLittleTim

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim
    Zandria,

A female athlete, who used to be a Mod. on this site, completely shut down her own natural production of thyroid hormones by using T3. She no longer posts here, but it was a pretty scarry time for her.

She got some good "professional" advice from Anthony Roberts (nee: "Hooker") on how to restart your thyroid, and it eventually turned into an article he wrote on the subject.

Although I'm loathe to advise you to e-mail him ("Show me the money!!!") he may condescend to send you a link to the article in question.

Good luck. Don't burn out your thyroid just to drop a dress size. You're probably already in great shape.

-BigLittleTim
    well, my questions here are this... first of all, how long was she on the t3 and why the prolonged use? second, what proof did she have that the t3 was the cause of her shutdown or that her problem even was thyroid shutdown? if she had taken t3 for that long, sure she used other compounds as well that may have potentially caused similar issues.

you hear horror stories about everything, and you really have to take all of them very lightly until solid confirmation of their validity is given. if not, we'd all be buying into the story of that kid that died cause of creatine (remember the wrestler years back who's family blamed it on creatine, sued a company for it, and tried to get it taken off the market?). all of us who know better know very well he died cause of dehydrating the hell out of his body to get in a lower weight class with sweatsuits and all that. since he was taking creatine at the time, they just targeted that to hide their childs stupidity. now, taking creatine which hydrates cells while doing things to lose water weight in and of itself is pure idiocy, but without the foundation of knowledge most of us have about creatine, the general public did target the creatine as his cause of death for quite some time and many parents were concerned about it's use. hell, some probably still are today cause of it.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you mean PERMANENT thyroid shutdown or COMPLETE thyroid shutdown? Running exogenous T3 will shut you down completely even at low doses (i.e. 25-50mcg ED) if run for long enough. You will never permanently shut down your thyroid unless you have other, pre-existing, thyroid complications. There have been medical studies where doctors have ran high doses of T3 on their patients for 6+ months and they completely recovered to their previously levels within weeks of stopping exogenous T3 administration.

you hear horror stories about everything, and you really have to take all of them very lightly until solid confirmation of their validity is given. if not, we'd all be buying into the story of that kid that died cause of creatine (remember the wrestler years back who's family blamed it on creatine, sued a company for it, and tried to get it taken off the market?). all of us who know better know very well he died cause of dehydrating the hell out of his body to get in a lower weight class with sweatsuits and all that. since he was taking creatine at the time, they just targeted that to hide their childs stupidity. now, taking creatine which hydrates cells while doing things to lose water weight in and of itself is pure idiocy, but without the foundation of knowledge most of us have about creatine, the general public did target the creatine as his cause of death for quite some time and many parents were concerned about it's use. hell, some probably still are today cause of it.
    Good point and story man!

Scriptfactory, agreed as well...

Thread Information