Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member

edit

edit
    Last edited by Ufa; 12-07-2006 at 09:46 AM.

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    first of all, your rbc was borderline what? second of all, why would you want to lower your rbc? that's what gives you such great pumps while on gear. plus, more blood means nutrients and toxins can be pumped through the muscles quicker.

as far as how much donating would lower your rbc, ask the doc. after all, he's the person you took the advice from in the first place. also, what does mentioning the 16g needle have to do with anything???

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    getting rid of blood wont lower RBC count, it is based on concentration per volume, not total bodywide... Am I correct? Just like measuring parcipitates in water supplies "X" PPM

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Giving blood does reduce RBC, my count was at a high level once when i use to do long cycles, i had to go into the hospital to have some blood taken out and then wait 100 days before going back on gear, a high RBC makes you feel like rubbish and isnt very good for you, giving blood would be a good idea if your in the high bracket.

In10sity is offline New Member
    I was wondering though, if you're donating blood wouldn't that have an impact on the hormone levels in your body as well?

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I give blood mid cycle now after having high RBC before (again long cycle). I don't know how much it reduces it but it certainly made me feel better after a couple of days.

Ufa
    Edit
    Last edited by Ufa; 12-23-2006 at 04:10 PM.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    Its agood idea to give blood ...the reason you felt better beast was because your hematocrit was thick and that makes the heart work harder and can raise blood pressure.

MRRoboto is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Giving blood does reduce RBC, my count was at a high level once when i use to do long cycles, i had to go into the hospital to have some blood taken out and then wait 100 days before going back on gear, a high RBC makes you feel like rubbish and isnt very good for you, giving blood would be a good idea if your in the high bracket.
    How long of a cycle might cause that? How long for you?

Ufa
    Edit
    Last edited by Ufa; 12-23-2006 at 04:09 PM.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    You did the right thing UFA...LOL...I wont say it unless I can back it up bro!!!...Remember.."if you dont know...ask me"...

Ufa
    Thanks a million BigMax!

uponone23 is offline Associate Member
    I have never heard of this... I am having all of these symptoms and never thought to get it checked... God I love these forums...

vic99 is offline Junior Member
    It works wonders. I have done it twice and before i donated i thought about stoping the cycle because i was so tired. After i gave the blood i felt better in a day or so. i give the red blood cells and they take double the normal amount and pump the remaining blood and water back into your system. Its a must for some including me.

Ufa
    Edit
    Last edited by Ufa; 12-23-2006 at 04:09 PM.

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    Marcus300, what was your RBC count when you were cycling?
    I'm currently on cycle and just had a blood test done. My RBC is 5.9M/uL and my hematocrit is 50.8%. According to the lab report this is (barely) within the normal range. I was curious how high RBC can go before it's worthwhile to have blood removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maetenloch
    Marcus300, what was your RBC count when you were cycling?
    I'm currently on cycle and just had a blood test done. My RBC is 5.9M/uL and my hematocrit is 50.8%. According to the lab report this is (barely) within the normal range. I was curious how high RBC can go before it's worthwhile to have blood removed.
    It was a long time ago and i cant remember what it was but it was very high, high enough for me to go into hospital to have some took out, The ranges for a normal red blood cell count are:
    Adult Females: 4.2 to 5.4 million red cells per microliter of blood
    Adult Males: 4.7 to 6.1 million/uL
    Polycythemia (high RBC)

Ufa
    edit
    Last edited by Ufa; 12-23-2006 at 04:18 PM.

After poking around some sites for EPO users, it appears that they don't consider you at heightened risk until your hematocrit % is 60 or higher. Hydration plays a role too - you're not allowed to compete in 100 mile bike races if your hematocrit is over 50% since with enough fluid loss, this could push hematocrit past 60. Bikers who have died while using EPO had hematocrit percentages in the 70s.

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    well, after reading this thread and another about the whole donating blood deal, i noticed i did have many of the symptoms (flushed face, run down and tired, etc). since i didn't have the money or time to go to a doc and get checked first, i decided to just go donate blood at my local hospitals blood drive.

well, i do have to say i feel a bit better now. not as run down and feeling better. it wasn't as dramatic as i expected from other peoples experiences, but it's definitely noticeable. funny thing is, i'm only 5 weeks into my cycle. then again, i did frontload (which i must say was pointless as my gear didn't kick in any faster than it normally would).

Ufa
    Edit
    Last edited by Ufa; 12-23-2006 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ufa
    Right on bro. Donating blood is the only way to reduce RBC's. I was off
    cycle for 3 months and RBC count went down only 1/10 of one per cent.
    I'll get blood check in a month and post the difference.
    My doctor told me if you stay clean for at least 100 days the body will fix the problem,

stuball is offline Banned
    My doctor told me if you stay clean for at least 100 days the body will fix the problem,
    Jesus Christ my RBC is 6.11 Hematocrit 56.0 !!!!!

Ufa
    Edit
    Last edited by Ufa; 12-23-2006 at 04:14 PM.

welloiledmachine is offline New Member
    Yes. you who answered yes are correct. A total RBC count and high Hematocrit levels will hands down be reduces with a single donation of blood. Keep it simple... donating blood is like an oil change. Anyone who has been using gear for several years , should make this part of there routine. I donate every three months. Out with the old and in with the new. Also decreases in BP and total serum levels, slight cholesterol decreases are noted also. You will have slightly decreased pumps for the first week after, but it will level out. And as long as your not competing, then its much better for your overall health. Go make your appointment today.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by welloiledmachine
    Yes. you who answered yes are correct. A total RBC count and high Hematocrit levels will hands down be reduces with a single donation of blood. Keep it simple... donating blood is like an oil change. Anyone who has been using gear for several years , should make this part of there routine. I donate every three months. Out with the old and in with the new. Also decreases in BP and total serum levels, slight cholesterol decreases are noted also. You will have slightly decreased pumps for the first week after, but it will level out. And as long as your not competing, then its much better for your overall health. Go make your appointment today.
    Thats something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by welloiledmachine
    I have to quibble with your oil change analogy - unlike the oil in a car, your blood and your body in general is broken down and remade on a regular basis. A red blood cell only lives for about 120 days, and most white blood cells last only a few days. For a normal person there's no benefit from having blood removed, and for some it can be unhealthy. For AAS users it may be necessary, but only if their blood cell count gets dangerously high. Other than lowering their RBC, I'm not aware of any other benefits. Promoting blood donation for improving your health in general sounds way too much like the old medieval practice of bloodletting.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    once a person injects himself with AAS he is disqualified to donate blood

Ufa
    Edit
    Last edited by Ufa; 12-23-2006 at 04:07 PM.

Ufa
    Edit
    Last edited by Ufa; 12-23-2006 at 04:07 PM.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, donating blood while on cycle and post cycle is recently becoming part of a cycle for many.

Thread Information