HighandWide is offline Associate Member

Flu Season and Gear

Just wondering how many people are on cycles during the months of Nov-Jan. Getting the flu while "on" scares me because its a pain in the ass (not eating/bed ridden) and would be a waste of money if I did come down with it...Just wondering if most people use these months as a bridge/ or float into a Jan/Feb cycle.

-H&W

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm gonna get so big that flu won't stand a chance.

Don't know man, never gotten the flu...Gonna do my best to stay away from it.

cleared4theoption is offline Junior Member
    How about just go and get a flu shot? Cost about $10.

HighandWide is offline Associate Member
    did it already but in no way is that a guarantee...and $700 (my cycle) is alot of money

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    I usually find that my immune system seems stronger while I am "on". I hardly ever get sick, but when I go off I am more likely to get sick during PCT. Used to be that I got sick a lot during PCT.

I usually find that my immune system seems stronger while I am "on". I hardly ever get sick, but when I go off I am more likely to get sick during PCT. Used to be that I got sick a lot during PCT.

test-e-junky is offline Junior Member
    ditto my immune system is stronger on the juice. I am in week 8 of test-e right now 4 more weeks left.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cleared4theoption
    How about just go and get a flu shot? Cost about $10.
    that only helps for a particular strand of the influenza virus, many other illnesses going around at that time.. I always get sick in the fall and especially on gear (cause of slightly lower immunity), Im thinking about timing cycles to the summer/winter to avoid fall and spring... Then again for sports ppl 1 gram of c-vitamin a day has been shown to decrease the chance of getting ill. Many studies using normal ppl didnt show this so for a while c citamin used prophylactically hasnt been advised.
    Last edited by stupidhippo; 11-06-2006 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorf
    I guess that can be true but in general gear is supposed to lower immunity. Every textbook says so... but these thins are complex, it aint impossible that for some ppl it could work the otherway around..

D-Money is offline Associate Member
    In my experience, I get sick far less when I'm hitting the weights and getting an adequate amount of sleep in general. Pct seems to be the time where ones imune system would be the weakest. I usually get sick during march for some reason... knock on wood lol.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    I guess that can be true but in general gear is supposed to lower immunity. Every textbook says so... but these thins are complex, it aint impossible that for some ppl it could work the otherway around..
    Yeah, im aware of these studies too. From my years of using gear though, my experience is that I just dont get sick much while i am on. PCT is a critical period though where you are really vulnerable. A few months back my wife and kids were all sick and I never did catch it, and I was on cycle. My wife even got people at work sick and I was spared.

The_Canibal is offline Member
    i always felt that AAS improved my imunity...but i did catch a flu during this cycle ...didn't bother me that much...

many ppl seem to say that so who knows.... I do fee4l I get a lil easier sick while on but the difference aint big.. PCT is the worst though...

lawsey000 is offline Junior Member
    Currently fighting off a good chest and nose cold about 4 weeks into my cycle. Workouts are still fine and the weigth keeps going up. Only thing is that I feel pretty drained all day. I not much of a napper, but recently I find myself craving the couch. Hopefully this subsides pretty quick.

Thread Information