mickdiesel is offline Senior Member

syringe question, multiple draw

when mixing gear in the same syringe I'm confused about how to measure. if I'm mixing 1.2 cc eq, .8 c prop and .2 cc b12 that ads to 2.2cc but always ends up 2.5cc. now when u draw say 1cc of something u draw until the top edge of the plug is on the 1cc line if I'm correct. the problem I'm having is the dart has space in it as well. so when u pul back the plug to put in another compound that 1cc now register as about 1.1. should I be using the botom edge of the plug to measure? if anyone takes the time to read this long message please shed light

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if this is the
    right way,but I always draw
    to the line above my mark.
    One line above the plunger.

My measurements are always
    right on.Don't forget,there is
    still gear in the pin to account 4.

Jeez...I hope that makes sence
    Someone will have a better reply.

ghoul000 is offline Associate Member
    Yes there will always be some left in there. You can put injectable b12 in there first that way the b vitamin is what is left in the pin.

I know its hard to picture but u know how the black plunger is about 2 lines tall. do u measure from the top or bottom of the plunger? for arguments sake if its one cc, where do u put the plunger? bottom on the 1 line or top. obviously if the bottom is on it then it'll be less and if the top is in on the line ur drawing more. and I find that thevit b thing doesn't work some gear always gets behind it

One line above the 1 to account
    for the oil still left in the pin.
    Waste a barrel,and pin test it
    out with water..or something

I never get gear behind the plunger...not good.

This should help...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails syringe question, multiple draw-000_0572.jpg  

I didn't mean behind the plunger. I meant it gets behind the b12 cause its water based and gets pushed around by the more dense oil. so in that pic it looks like u get the top of the plunger to what would be the .8 line to measure 1cc. now do u account for what's left in the dart after injection?

.9 mark not .8 Use the side
    of the plunger not the tip.

I usually only have a drop
    left in the barrel,nothing to
    really measure once injected.

yeah its a lil bit but I shoot prop so a lil bit everyday over 20 weeks adds up to a lot. it annoys the shit out of me. I mean even if its only .05 cc, over 140 shots its f#@%ing 7 whole shots. that's almost a whole bottle down the tubes. I wish I could get the b12 to stay behind the gear. u have any suggestions?

No I don't actually.I have yet to mix
    my B-12 with oil.I shoot that sub-Q ED.

If someone does,Im sure they'll post.

Pac8541 is offline Associate Member
    One line above the 1 to account
    for the oil still left in the pin.
    Holy shit. Epiphany here. This may explain why my 10ml vial came out to only 9 - 1ml injections! And here I was about to complain to my source and tell them they were shorting me!!

SS, what size pins are you doing this with? All sizes? I'm using 25g 1" to do all but 2 sites with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pac8541
    Holy shit. Epiphany here. This may explain why my 10ml vial came out to only 9 - 1ml injections! And here I was about to complain to my source and tell them they were shorting me!!

SS, what size pins are you doing this with? All sizes? I'm using 25g 1" to do all but 2 sites with.
    Happened to me also early last
    year on my first,I ran short and
    didnt realize what it was until way
    late in the cycle,Im sure this more
    than likely happens to alot of folks.

I've been drawing with 23ga 1.5's
    but I also do use 18ga 1.5's as well.
    The 18 ga pin will hold a bit more oil
    than the 23ga,but I still draw just as
    I mentioned above,no issues w/that.

well if I were u I would still complain to my source. because the gear being wasted is in the syringe. think about it this way. if when u first opened the vial and pulled 10 1cc shots the wasted gear will be what is left in the syringe and didn't grace your mitochondria with a visit. unless ur referring to the part about not measuring right. in that case my entire post is a waste

CFH
    CFH is offline Associate Member
    i use 20g x 1.5 to draw and the space in the pin comes out to a little less than 1/10 of a cc. test your draw pins with water and pull the plunger down to suck up air after you have drawn the water. then just do the math for how much is in the syringe. it's much cheaper to waste a dart with water than fractions of a cc of gear every time you draw!

Dude, I wouldn't consider your entire post a waste but what I was referring to was the fact that I have not been loading my syringes the same was as SS1476 has shown in the photo. I've been loading them so that a full 1ml is clearly visible in the barrel above the stopper. Technically I guess that would be roughly 1.1ml because I wasn't accounting for the .1ml within the pin itself. If this is all correct then over the course of 10 injections out of my 10ml vial, I'd come up short 1ml. That is exactly what happened. But does that mean that drawing the gear in like SS showed in the pic results in .9ml for every "1ml" injection? I would think so. You're still left with whatever doesn't make it out of the pin, right? Or am I not accounting for some other mechanism that pushes it ALL out?

The question then becomes, what do you do about making up for the lost gear left in the syringe? Is that .1ml that important over the course of the entire cycle? For me that means I'm actually getting 630mgs of prop/week which over the course of my current 13 week cycle works out to 910mgs lost. I would highly doubt that explaining this to the source would result in an extra ml being thrown in. Unless you paid for it of course... (bastards).

Fortunately I noticed this with the first of 9 vials of prop. Plenty of time to account for it in the remaining 12 weeks. Glad I caught this now!

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    Just draw some air into the syringe, and do it so that the pin has the air and the syringe has the stuff. The air that you put inside the muscle will do you no harm since is just the volume of the pin. It takes a good amount of air injected into a vein to do harm.

Will give that a try in the morning, thanks.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hugovsilva
    Just draw some air into the syringe, and do it so that the pin has the air and the syringe has the stuff. The air that you put inside the muscle will do you no harm since is just the volume of the pin. It takes a good amount of air injected into a vein to do harm.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by hugovsilva
    I dont understand that either

pigrond is offline Member
    there will still be oil in the pin when done it will still be useless dont put xtra air in your muscle

All I did this morning was draw it out up to the .9ml mark on the barrel, just like SS shows in his attached photo above. I then removed the pin from the vial, drew in enough air to clear the pin, and it measured exactly 1ml. I then expelled the air through the pin, it showed .9 again, and I jammed it in my thigh. No excess air, accurate 1ml dose, GTG. Hopefully I won't come up 1ml short again out of this vial. If I do, my source will be gettin' a call!!

Thread Information