Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Executioner is offline Banned

Got infection, been to doc, getting worse

Alright, about 10 days ago I took a shot in my left quad right only a day after hitting it before, it was about 1 1/2 CC each time. Slowly but surely by the pain, redness, swelling, and fever symptoms I knew I was infected. I waited for a week, until it was so bad I hobbled into the docs office and said I injected B12 and this happened.

He took a close look at it, and said he couldn't TELL what it's going on. He said I need an MRI on it. **** that. I'm not paying for that. But he did give me 2 antibiotics, Augmentin 875 and Septra DS. It's been 3 1/2 days of taking as prescribed, and it really isn't improving.

I'm guessing the next step is the ER, I was told it should improve in no time. Just checking here first, thank you guys.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Keep a close eye on it, I had one in my delt that was pretty bad, it then traveled down into my arm and finally went away a few weeks later..
    Couldn't hardly lift my arm. Post a pic if you can.

here you go bro, they're pretty inconclusive

its on my left leg

Good leg

Bad Leg

My problem it's preventing me from sitting at the computer for an extended period of time or working out, all I can do is lie down. I can tough it out but I have pulled some discussing dead tissue dark green out of it, it's pretty nasty.

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    doesnt sound good. I had an abcess in my ass that required surgery to cut it out. I hope you dont have to go that route. When I had mine, I had a fever of about 102 degrees and felt like I had the flu. Redness and cellulitis of the area I injected. He gave me oral and injectable antibiotics and the fever/flu symptoms were gone within a day or so. The swelling went down within a few weeks, but it wouldnt heal right. He had lanced it and had to keep packing it with gauze. It never healed on its own so he had to go in and cut out the dead tissue and sew me up. I now have a small crater in my ass cheek.

Yea sounds bad.. I'd go to another doctor to get a second opinion.. Seems this other guy is a jackass.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    this thread just spooked me.....are infections that bad common??

Normally user error or not sterilizing equipment or area of injection.. Not very common IMO, I know ppl who shoot in their kitchen, bathroom, around carpeted areas etc.. all very dirty places with a lot of bacteria and germs.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Give it some time, like I** said they often take a couple weeks.

No Haro, they're not that common, but if conditions are compromised, even slightly it can happen to anyone. Try to minimize steps and time between the bottle and the body, be sure to swab, and make sure you're not sweating (for the after shower shooter).

M.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    Normally user error or not sterilizing equipment or area of injection.. Not very common IMO, I know ppl who shoot in their kitchen, bathroom, around carpeted areas etc.. all very dirty places with a lot of bacteria and germs.
    bathroom, carpeted areas., kitchen......... thats pretty much everywhere in my house. I dont shoot in the kitchen, but bathroom and bedroom yeah....where else?

I have had areas stay red for a week after injection, and the skin seemed infected. i immediatly began loading sick amounts of vitamin C, and the next day they start to improve. One other guy on here said he had an abcess like yours and loaded C and in 2 days very improved. S
    Sounds like a bunch of holistic BS, i know...but i read recently that C is such a powerful antibacterial that they gave out liquid vita C to heroin addicts to dip there needles in before injecting to stop abcesses.

ne way. thought id throw it out there. get alot of vita C and take 60-100 GRAMS, a day. get some immodium and gas-x, you will need it!

SLYDOG69 is offline Associate Member
    Is it common with winny injections getting infected at the site...???

No, infections are not common and should not occur frequently.. irritation Yes, but infections? No. Either the gear you're using is unsterile or somehow something was compromised upon injection or withdrawl from the vial. Out of say hundreds of shots I can only recall one minor infection.

JohnBall is offline Junior Member
    If you took anti's that the doc gave you and it didn't help then I'd have to conclude it isn't bacterial or the type of bacteria that has infected you is resistant to the anti's he gave you. What kind of anti's did he give you? You might want to try another type as differnet bodies respond to different types of anti's, and different types of bacteria's are also immune to different types of anti's. Either way this sounds kinda serious. I'm rooting for you bro, I'd go with the vitamin C, lots of it. At least it sounds like some bro's on here have dealt with this thing too and their bodies naturaly cleared it. What a nightmare. If you are pulling dead flesh that is bad. Rotting muscle is very serious. Ganggreen comes to mind ya know. I've got a huge irregular lump on my left ass cheek right now from Monday's injection. It hurt yesterday but the pain is for the most part gone today and it is just a lump now. Friggen Test E man. Definately try a different type of anti and go from there. Keep us posted on what happens here. Hate to think of you as a ginnie pig, but this is the kind of thing we can all learn from. Good luck amigo.

First off, thank you guys for all the support and information.

A new development, I have red lines shooting out from the abcess site, and I'm on the way to the emergency room. Hoping I'll be OK, and I'll keep you guys updated when I can.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    In my had staff,celioitis,toxic shock syndrom all in my leg. And a pocket of infected water on my brain cause the infection got in my blood.I was 16 my doc told me they were gona need to cut my leg off and i was stiil more than likley gona die because i wated to long and the infection got through my hole body.after a month in ICU and having a fever of 105 i was ok.dont f-around infections are no joke.

and yes i know what toxic shock synrome is, i had a absess the size of a soft ball on my shin befor they drained it.it was leaking toxins into the rest of my body.but now on my right shin it looks like i have a vagina on it..

this might scare you a little more.I lost almost 35lbs while doing this.

I just read ur last post after i wrote all that .i really hope tou got their earlie befor it got reall bad.

JohnBall is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner
    First off, thank you guys for all the support and information.

A new development, I have red lines shooting out from the abcess site, and I'm on the way to the emergency room. Hoping I'll be OK, and I'll keep you guys updated when I can.
    We're rooting for you bro.

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBall
    We're rooting for you bro.

Yeah, me included. The time I had my abcess was a real dark period in my life, it took many trips to the doctor and lots of pain and embarassment. I hope they can clear yours up without having to cut on you. Its been almost 4 years now and my ass still isnt the same. When I squat or deadlift heavy, the area where I got my stitches starts to ache and feels like its going to rip.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    I can be wrong but red striped auto tells me that he's developed staff infection in the leg....Infections are more common than everyone thinks...it all depends on the severity of the infection.Sometimes something as simple as washing your hands before doing anything can prevent an infection.Hope he's ok.

caper is offline Junior Member
    i dont understand this...im pretty clean with my stuff and surroundings before i shoot but how can someone get infected when we normal dont touch the needle itself?

i use a two needle tips...one to always pull my stuff out of the amp, and then i switch it to a clean tip...i prep, take off the cap and shoot...

can someone explain infections to me?

Quote Originally Posted by caper
    i dont understand this...im pretty clean with my stuff and surroundings before i shoot but how can someone get infected when we normal dont touch the needle itself?

i use a two needle tips...one to always pull my stuff out of the amp, and then i switch it to a clean tip...i prep, take off the cap and shoot...

can someone explain infections to me?
    Start your own thread and you will get more responses,this is high jacking.And i like to use the smiles when i can...

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    bathroom, carpeted areas., kitchen......... thats pretty much everywhere in my house. I dont shoot in the kitchen, but bathroom and bedroom yeah....where else?

ne way. thought id throw it out there. get alot of vita C and take 60-100 GRAMS, a day. get some immodium and gas-x, you will need it!

I mean that sounds dangerous. 60-100 grams? that like a huge pack a day.. i mean the strong tablets have 500 mg in them... 100 G's of c vitamin soesnt sound too safe.. I can ofcourse look it up but now gotta hurry to school. The most I have heard suggested to be used is 6 G's a day and that is if u haev a cold/flue.. the more C vita utake the smaller percantage also absrobs.. also it makes stomach susceptible to ulcers etc... Ill look this thing yup whne i get home.

up2itt2003 is offline Junior Member
    Your abcess needs to be lanced, drained, irrigated and packed. You will likely take good antibiotics for a spell, return to the doc after a week and the will likely tell you they can remove the packing and you are on the way to recovery.

Good Luck!

okay bros, first of all I would like to thank this board and everyone who responded here, because I owe you my life. God was watching me last week. This thread strongly contributed to my decision, so this board means more to me then I would've ever imagined.

As I said I went into the ER on thursday in the AM, and was immediately evaluated and sent into emergency surgery, my temperature was apparently skyrocketing and my condition worsening fast, they removed what ended up to be over 1 gallon of puss and it was a football sized abcess, the largest the doctors had ever seen. Apparently I was almost dead before I got there because the infection almost reached my bloodstream, or this was what I was told by my surgeon.

Then after surgery, my wound was bleeding a lot and wouldn't stop. After lots of bandaging, they moved me to a room for the night. I was on a morphine drip button so I was very doped up and on oxygen, my girlfriend was by my side. The following afternoon, the nurse took off my packaging and began removing gauze. Little did she know, over 30 feet of gauze was packed into the wound, and when she removed it I went into shock because the pain was so severe.

Even worse, she exposed an artery in my leg. I began bleeding severely so fast my blood hemocrit levels dropped to a 3 if I remember correctly, and my blood pressure dropped to 60 over 30. I apparently was almost dead again. I could barely keep my eyes open and everyone in the room was panicking, until a surgeon arrived and stiched the artery right there in the room, then the wound stopped bleeding so profusely. They had to give me 12 pints of blood over the course of the next 36 hours. My lips were blue for 2 days.

Anyway, I just got out last night. I am posting this not as a sob story, but as a thank you to all you guys who felt like helping me in this thread. And if your reading this, simply be careful. You know sterile procedures, if you run out of needles stop your cycle. Plain and simple. Never reuse. Always rotate sites appropriately. If you think you're infected, give it a few days and then see a doctor, and if he says the ER might be where you need to go just go.

Like I said, God was watching me closely, and he gave me a very serious warning from this experience. Here are some pictures from 4 days after the surgery.

here's one with a little gauze in there

And here it is now, with a vacuum tube on it to help heal.

Hopefully this helps somebody out, and thanks again.

deepinsideofme is offline Female Member
    holy cow...get well soon...did they take muscle out or just cut out the infection? they are going to stitch that right???
    take care........

I have a wicked scare on my leg from the same thing.When I got out my mom wouldnt even change the gauze for me because it was so gross.So I had to do it myself.I would take a long Sterill stick and have to jam the gauzein 5-6 times a day.And the same night I got out of the hospital I was cranky from the morphine they had me on.So my mom kicked me out for yelling at her. Its under stand able but i was yelling at her cause she lost my pain-killers.and i have never been in so much pain in my life.

I hope you get ur leg closed up soon so you can lift again.How long is ur doc saying uts gona be till you can lift

bigron62 is offline Junior Member
    oh my god that is very scary .. thanks for posting it is a blessing that you didnt die .. im gonna think twice before i jam some nasty mexi gear in my leg .. i felt like quads were idiot proof but i was wrong ,,, god bless and take care of that leg

Elexecution is offline Associate Member
    Wow...

Hope you recover fully

thanks a lot everyone, dont worry about me take care of yourselves and your close bros

holy cow...get well soon...did they take muscle out or just cut out the infection? they are going to stitch that right???
    take care........
    just the infection thankfully, the vaccuum thing actually stays in for 2 weeks and heals from the inside out so no stiches are required, its too deep to stitch

I hope you get ur leg closed up soon so you can lift again.How long is ur doc saying uts gona be till you can lift
    doc says 3 weeks, i say i'm back in the gym ASAP!! lol

notorious_mem is offline Senior Member
    ill try to keep ya in my prayers bro.

TuxAndrews is offline Junior Member
    the medicine come from Oasis??? i have had friends running into that problem......scares me

Musclehead21 is offline Junior Member
    what do you think gave you the infection? Bad gear or did you not be sterile with it? I'm glad you are ok.

Kal-El is offline Associate Member
    Wow man. Thank god your ok. My friends leg swelled up like yours but after a few days it returned to normal, thank God he didnt have your issue. Very good info, now I have something to show him as to why its important to CHANGE THE NEEDLE if you stick and get blood not just pull out and go back in. Wow. Get well soon bro.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    wow this kinda stuff scares the crap outta me....when you say rotate properly did you stick urself in the same leg to frequently? if so how often? i use the same injection site once every 7 days..i hope thats enough...i hope everything turns out ok man good luck.

LatinoPR is offline Anabolic Member
    Very nice job from surgery,it's going to take time but you are going to be fine...good luck....Bro...and dont worry thats why we are here.

LPR.

Snrf is offline Banned
    oh my god, those pictures are gonna give me nightmares

rada is offline Junior Member
    Wow thats one huge f*king hole in your leg. 3 weeks? Nice and short recovery time.

body_by_donuts is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haro3
    wow this kinda stuff scares the crap outta me....when you say rotate properly did you stick urself in the same leg to frequently? if so how often? i use the same injection site once every 7 days..i hope thats enough...i hope everything turns out ok man good luck.

I would also like to know...... Take care man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information