graeme87 is offline Member

Reducing body temperature

How do I reduce my body temp? I am radiating heat, my face is permanently red and I sweet like whore in church. I have heard drinking a lot of water may help. Any other ideas?

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Fill your bathtub with cold water and hop on in...this will definitely reduce your body temp and send the boys up in your chest.

Or you could go to the E.R. and have them pack you in ice...that's always fun too.

KeepingItBalanced is offline Associate Member
    i learned a good trick that is a little more bareable than jumping in a bunch of ice. I forgot how much it brings your temp down, but it does help.

take 2 good sized ice cubes, and hold them in your hands (Closed) until they are melted. You might have to open your hands a few times because of how cold the ice gets on your hand, but this works. For a little bit better effect, splash your wet hands with salt.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    It sounds like you have a high metabolic rate. Are you always hot, or is it just a episodic problem? Ingestion of cold liquids can help because you body has to expend energy to maintain core body heat.

kynetguy is offline Senior Member
    Put an ice cube in awet rag, place it on your wrist. (or your favorite pulse point). Its damn near instant.

When I worked as a medic, we would give hyperthermia patients a chilled IV of lactated ringers. (isotonic electrolyte solution) But I am doubting you have IV stuff at home. :-)

graeme87 is offline Member
    Thanks guys

ACE24 is offline Junior Member
    In the past I have had to pack ice packs in my arm pits to help reduce my temp. It is very difficult at first but will work very quick.

Ryler is offline Junior Member
    malignant Hyperthermia? do a google search, it is a real disease of over- active mitochondria I believe

Thread Information