Thread: stunted growth?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    philyd is offline New Member

stunted growth?

I was just wondering, I always read about the potential chance of stunting growth when steroids are taken during adolescent years, my quesiton is, during the late teen years (17-19) if taken, how probable is it that a stunted growth will actually result? Does it result from abuse of the substances? taking too much? over taking them over lengthened periods of time? Would a month of only test suspension be enough to do this? I know that it is a potential risk, however there is also a potential that i may get in an accident on my way to work today..what i mean is, knowing that it is a potential risk is not as useful as knowing its probability, i know most of you condemn the use of them at this age, however i would greatly appreciate it if anyone could honstly inform me on the probability of this actually happening during the later teenage years. Thanks alot, Phil.

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Welcome to AR

How old are you?

Yes stunted growth can happen. It has to do with your growth plates which remain open until somewhere around the age of 24-25. Shutting down your natural HPTA and messing with your bodies hormones before your growth plates are fused naturally, can cause them to fuse prematurely. Thus stunting further growth and other problems involved with that

It may help to read this:

Whats the right age to take steroids (GOOD READ)

Apex is offline Associate Member
    Putting my hand in a blender turned on could "potentially" cut off my fingers...........cmon man......think about what you're really asking here...........is it worth it??.........you have your whole life partner.

Power466 is offline New Member
    Your growth plates may still be open until 24-25, but most men stop growing on the outside when their 18-19. I'm not saying that is a good age to use AAS, but as far as working out its a good age to start. I mean if you want to use AAS then thats your business. I'm sure something like Clen when aiding in fat loss used properly wouldn't do that much of damage.

It really isnt worth it to mess around with anything like that until you are in your mid-20's. I did a pro-hormone cycle when I was 17 and it screwed up my natural test levels. If I could go back, there would be no way I would make the same mistake twice.

Power466 is offline New Member
    It does depend on what you take. I can understand taking Testosterone at like 17, or some human growth hormone at 17, which would be a NO NO. I mean yeah you would get big, but you would hurt yourself in the process. Like me for instance, I don't want to grow anymore. I am alreayd 6'5 and thats enough for me.
    Last edited by Power466; 12-22-2006 at 10:08 AM.

Mista Massive is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EcToMoRpHiAn
    It really isnt worth it to mess around with anything like that until you are in your mid-20's. I did a pro-hormone cycle when I was 17 and it screwed up my natural test levels. If I could go back, there would be no way I would make the same mistake twice.

when you say it screwed up your test levels, what do you mean? are they really low now?

philyd is offline New Member
    thank you, i have decided i am going to continue working out naturally for a few more years. I do not want to risk sacrificing any of my potential height. Once again, thanks for your input.

Apex is offline Associate Member
    Great Idea - I never considered aas until now, after a LOT of weight lifting, I will say this, I've tried a lot of supp, & have found creatine monohydrate to be very effective - my2 cents - Good Luck to you

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    the estrogen conversion from the super high levels of androgen are what causes closure. non aromatzing roids dont do this

still a dumb i dea if you are young

bbplaya21 is offline Associate Member
    well its all diff for everyone. i was 18 and did my first cycle but i was 6'4.5'' and at 240 and now im almost 20 and 6'5''. i've had blood work done before and had have no problems comin back completely. it just really depends how ur body reacts to steriods

Thread Information