Thread: Tramadol

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member

Tramadol

Do you know what this is? Addicitive? Abusive? Rx for my tooth, but really dont want anything to take unless it wont be detremetal.

vecchio82 is offline Junior Member
    Hey,

I have taken tramadol for extended periods of time for back and knee pain. I do not have an addictive personality in general, so I never really had a problem stopping cold turkey. I never upped the dose past the recommended 50mg. I mostly only took 1 per day if needed.
    When you take it, you definitely get a sense of euphoria, or should I say, well being. It is supposed to not be as addictive as real narcotics such as oxycodone or hydrocodone, however, I felt less side effects from vicodin than tramadol.
    The major thing I noticed upon stopping the drug was that life didn't seem as interesting. However, because I knew that this was to be expected it didn't bother me. This lasted for about 3 days. If you have any other questions let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by vecchio82
    Hey,

I have taken tramadol for extended periods of time for back and knee pain. I do not have an addictive personality in general, so I never really had a problem stopping cold turkey. I never upped the dose past the recommended 50mg. I mostly only took 1 per day if needed.
    When you take it, you definitely get a sense of euphoria, or should I say, well being. It is supposed to not be as addictive as real narcotics such as oxycodone or hydrocodone, however, I felt less side effects from vicodin than tramadol.
    The major thing I noticed upon stopping the drug was that life didn't seem as interesting. However, because I knew that this was to be expected it didn't bother me. This lasted for about 3 days. If you have any other questions let me know.
    Not gonna get them filled...........but curious now....is it an abusive drug? Its comparable to oxy? People dont snort them do they?

vecchio82 is offline Junior Member
    I know here in the balkans where I work kids do all sorts of stuff with it. I don't think it is an abusive substance unless you are prone to addiction. I never felt a need to take it.
    However, I have read stories on the net where people are taking 40-50 pills a day! So, the possibility is there. But, I think that oxy is probably much more addictive.

thnx for the insight....I have taken vicodine and it made me so ill I wanted to die......if this is the same forget it

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, it is an opiate so the risk of abuse or dependency does exist...however, I believe it depends on the individual though, really.

frank12391 is offline Member
    Tramadol is a synthetic opioid agonist antagonist. It has stronger pain relieving properties than codeine but less than pethidine. Abuse and dependance is less likely than other traditional opiate pain relievers where the risk is high. The risk of abuse and dependance in Tramadol is medium and slightly higher than codeine and a concern for susceptible individuals. Prolonged use, escalating tolerance to a given dose is not uncommon. Abrupt withdrawal is not recommended as withdrawl symptoms can occur after a period of only 2 weeks. A gradual withdrawl is recommended in such circumstance. Tolerance, dependance can occur even sooner than expected. Use should be for acute, moderate to severe pain, 3 days max. Not recommended for chronic pain. Tramadol like other opiates cause constipation. People undergoing treatment should be aware and a laxative may be recommended.
    Last edited by frank12391; 12-27-2006 at 08:10 PM.

I am not filling the RX.....I'll suffer. *Please read the board rules. No discussion of recreational drug use.*

Thread Information