finny is offline Associate Member

International gear order - address or PO Box?

I need some advice. When ordering through international sources, should one use their own address and name or if the source allows use a P.O. Box and a fake name?

I'm thinking more in terms if one package gets intercepted, do customs flag your name and/or address and automatically inspect all future packages?

Any related info/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

vermin is offline Member
    I don't think you can get a PO Box under a fake name, and if you did and got caught that'd be mail fraud, a felony, even if they could not make the gear charges stick.

Quote Originally Posted by vermin
    I don't think you can get a PO Box under a fake name, and if you did and got caught that'd be mail fraud, a felony, even if they could not make the gear charges stick.
    No, I would get the P.O. under my name. Just that the letter would be addressed to another name and that P.O. - so there is no name association with an intercepted package. That way, if I get burned, I just change the P.O. location and use still another name. Makes sense?

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by finny
    No, I would get the P.O. under my name. Just that the letter would be addressed to another name and that P.O. - so there is no name association with an intercepted package. That way, if I get burned, I just change the P.O. location and use still another name. Makes sense?
    If the package is addressed to someone else you might not get it at a P.O. Box. Also using a P.O. Box would warrant federal charges I believe. I would use a private mail box like at the UPS store or mail boxes ect.

Yes, that's what I meant. I would used one of those mail boxes etc.

Can anyone confirm if setting up something like this would makes sense?

I mean I don't mind sending to my house. It's just as I mentioned, I don't want to get flagged if they stop the shippment.

Do they 'flag' you when they intercept the package?

Thanks.

vermin is offline Member
    I have heard they do. Order sachets and papers - I don't think customs inspects envelopes (and if they do, they are an order of magnitude more common, so the odds are in your favor).

Halfcenturian is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by finny
    I need some advice. When ordering through international sources, should one use their own address and name or if the source allows use a P.O. Box and a fake name?

I'm thinking more in terms if one package gets intercepted, do customs flag your name and/or address and automatically inspect all future packages?

Any related info/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Finny,me boy.

Don't order from those 3rd world scammers. I've been burned.
    So I'm not just talkin' shit! They might rip you off. What then? Interpol?
    IMO you've got a 50/50 chance of getting junk gear. BUY AMERICAN.

-Draper
    Do yourself a favor, get yer gear in the USA

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    I got this off another board.

Eighth Question: Should I get a box at MBE?

A lot of you will not like this response, but my answer is a resounding, NO! Like I�ve stated earlier, I had an ex-girlfriend who worked at an MBE for a few years. The stories I have heard from her definitely would scare me from having someone else be in possession of my package. First thing, just because you have MBE sign or collect your package, does not mean you are off the hook for anything if something happens and the illegal contents are discovered. You are still responsible as if you had the contents in your possession. When you sign a contract with MBE, you acknowledge this, and under the law, you are still responsible for what is in the package if discovered. They are merely an agent or middleman to collect the mail and hold it for you. That said, ever think a game of package football hasn�t been played at an MBE? Think again. Ever think a package has not been indirectly opened by having other heavy packages fall on it? Under the law, these are justifiable means to use against you for evidence. They were not opened with the intention to peek into your package, but opened through indirect means that just happened to disclose what was in the package. MBE or the PO Box is convenient if you work and cannot sign for packages, but unless you are receiving a registered package from overseas, any professional domestic source SHOULD use priority mail with delivery confirmation. You can wait an extra day or two to not use express mail. This is gear, not crack or heroin. Limiting the risk of having the unexpected happening will increase your chance of not having some unthinkable thing happen with your package, by adding the extra step of an MBE or PO Box. You still have to have proper identification to open a box at MBE, and if you use improper identification, it will only be a matter of time until you are caught. I only recommend MBE if you live in an area where you are close to the border of a few different states and if you are receiving a lot of gear. If you can use a trusted friend�s drivers license to open these boxes without him/her ever showing their face there, then it may be worth the risk if you are receiving big international shipments, and check the customs wait via the USPS website on the package, and then decide if you are going to pick up the package. Anything held in customs 4 days or more when the country is not on high alert is the dead giveaway 99.9% of the time that they found something illegal for importation in your package. Basically, I see no major use to have a box unless you receive a lot of signature required mail, or if you are a source accepting a lot of international packages.

rd53 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfcenturian
    Finny,me boy.

Don't order from those 3rd world scammers. I've been burned.
    So I'm not just talkin' shit! They might rip you off. What then? Interpol?
    IMO you've got a 50/50 chance of getting junk gear. BUY AMERICAN.

-Draper
    Do yourself a favor, get yer gear in the USA
    Agreed domestic (USA) is the only way to go! Stick around long enough and you'll find a source. Took me a year to find a domestic source and it was well worth the wait!

shark333 is offline Associate Member
    what the f-ck . has any one heard of a dirty bomb . how much r u buying at a time if they cant catch whole fu--ing shipments of live cargo containers. do you really think they r looking to pop your package of feelgood ?///chill. dont beeeeelieve the hype ! customs ,ups,fedx.usmail.and everyother . but stick 2 the usa . good luck?

Thanks guys for advice and warnings. MBE setup had its advantages and disadvantages. In the end, I think it is more of a hassle than anything.

Yes, it would be ideal to have a local source, but until then will have to think of something. By the way, I'm in Canada.

Who said this game was ever easy?

shark333 is offline Associate Member
    thats cool . its not e z . but it is actually not that comp. c ya.

Well, went and rented a box for three months today for $57 CAD. I bought it for name/address protection should customs open the package and flag me in their system. We go to the States few times a year by car and we never had a problem. I don't want to change that.

I know if you bring something through the border without declaring, like alcohol, they will flag you in the system and you risk being searched each time you go through. So that's the reason.

As far as criminal code, I'm not that concern as I think there are bigger fish to fry than to go after someone that gets a little gear once in a while.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd use a PO box. Less chance of a controled delivery.

Halfcenturian is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcFly
    I got this off another board.

Eighth Question: Should I get a box at MBE?

A lot of you will not like this response, but my answer is a resounding, NO! Like I�ve stated earlier, I had an ex-girlfriend who worked at an MBE for a few years. The stories I have heard from her definitely would scare me from having someone else be in possession of my package. First thing, just because you have MBE sign or collect your package, does not mean you are off the hook for anything if something happens and the illegal contents are discovered. You are still responsible as if you had the contents in your possession. When you sign a contract with MBE, you acknowledge this, and under the law, you are still responsible for what is in the package if discovered. They are merely an agent or middleman to collect the mail and hold it for you. That said, ever think a game of package football hasn�t been played at an MBE? Think again. Ever think a package has not been indirectly opened by having other heavy packages fall on it? Under the law, these are justifiable means to use against you for evidence. They were not opened with the intention to peek into your package, but opened through indirect means that just happened to disclose what was in the package. MBE or the PO Box is convenient if you work and cannot sign for packages, but unless you are receiving a registered package from overseas, any professional domestic source SHOULD use priority mail with delivery confirmation. You can wait an extra day or two to not use express mail. This is gear, not crack or heroin. Limiting the risk of having the unexpected happening will increase your chance of not having some unthinkable thing happen with your package, by adding the extra step of an MBE or PO Box. You still have to have proper identification to open a box at MBE, and if you use improper identification, it will only be a matter of time until you are caught. I only recommend MBE if you live in an area where you are close to the border of a few different states and if you are receiving a lot of gear. If you can use a trusted friend�s drivers license to open these boxes without him/her ever showing their face there, then it may be worth the risk if you are receiving big international shipments, and check the customs wait via the USPS website on the package, and then decide if you are going to pick up the package. Anything held in customs 4 days or more when the country is not on high alert is the dead giveaway 99.9% of the time that they found something illegal for importation in your package. Basically, I see no major use to have a box unless you receive a lot of signature required mail, or if you are a source accepting a lot of international packages.
    I got mine (scammed) off this board too!!! There was a big shake up a few months ago. Trust me bro. PM me and I'll explain.

Draper-

Thread Information