j3374 is offline Associate Member

needle too long for shoulder= pain!

This is my 2nd cycle- so I'm still pretty new to this. I ordered some 23 ga
    5/8" pins so I could try delt and quad injections since all I did was glutes on the 1st cycle. Instead of waiting for them to come, I decided I'd just go in
    half way with the 1 1/2" that I've got. As I plunged, the needle sank in further and the pain was agonizing! I could hardly lift my arm for 2 days- and the pain was constant. Think I hit cartiledge or a tendon or something? Maybe I didn't read the "spot injections" chart right and went into the wrong muscle. Are shoulder injections always painful?

plzr8 is offline Senior Member
    if its your first time shooting any muscle, soreness & some pain is completely normal. monitor it the next few days and im sure things will get better.

another possible reason for the soreness, when you only push in the pin half way, theres more of a chance you will be shaking or moving around as you inject which will defintely cause soreness.

i use 23 gauge 1" for delts and go in all the way and its pain-free (for the most part)...good luck!

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Damn babies....I use 1.5 inch needle all the way in for delts! Put some more meat on them bones!

Thread Information