Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    My point is that your complaining about no results with fat loss. DNP will take a good 3-4 days to deplete the body's glycogen stores before it can efficiently burn stored fat and feel it`s effect.Thats why if your a very advanced user front loading is the best form of attack,I dont recommend this for newbs.With your low dose and the quality of DNP you have,just be patient.
    Oh ok, I thought you meant that I didn't deplete carbs as far as diet goes.

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    If you're itchy, I'd be QUITE worried that you're allergic to it. Watch out - when you bump to 500mg you may swell, get welts, hives, etc. This is NO joke!

I know someone who ignored this, and tried to use some tactics to hopefully bypass this reaction. Seriously ... if you get ANY MORE an indication that you're allergic to it... STOP ASAP. You will look like a caricature!

Kevan is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    @ 'Good Mod'.

Bodybuilding is a lifestyle choice... a sum of steps.

At 20 years old i'd hope you realise that you're at the beginning..and that you should try to enjoy the journey.

What i've learnt is that these 'quick fixes' really fix nothing.

Narkissos
    This coming from a guy that is 24 ??? umm good words for sure, doubt you are really old enough to know it yet though. When you hit 50 you will really know !! but nice words just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Two4the$$
    If you're itchy, I'd be QUITE worried that you're allergic to it. Watch out - when you bump to 500mg you may swell, get welts, hives, etc. This is NO joke!

I know someone who ignored this, and tried to use some tactics to hopefully bypass this reaction. Seriously ... if you get ANY MORE an indication that you're allergic to it... STOP ASAP. You will look like a caricature!
    Yeah im on the lookout for any allergic reactions. thanks for the headsup tho

Lynn is offline Female Member
    SVT... you know really at your age you should not be overly concerned about 'love handles' I can certainly appreciate that you would like to be ripped. I enjoyed my cycle of dnp and i am doing another one in a week. But if you plan on doing some Test in the near future, you can use some extra calories on your body. I'm not talking about being fat here, but the whole idea is to bulk a little. your body will use that extra fat on your cycle. You should look at tightening up your body in a couple of years after you have run a cycle and not worry about it so much at this age. I love DNP and feel it is a great weight loss, but do you really need it? Really, more football, hockey, martial arts or whatever you are into will take it off much nicer than burning it away with DNP. Might sound hypercritical of me to use it and say this, but i'm not 20 any more. Just my 2 cents, best of luck.

Jay-Ace is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    My point is that your complaining about no results with fat loss. DNP will take a good 3-4 days to deplete the body's glycogen stores before it can efficiently burn stored fat and feel it`s effect.Thats why if your a very advanced user front loading is the best form of attack,I dont recommend this for newbs.With your low dose and the quality of DNP you have,just be patient.

I keep telling them Goose!! Be patient!!

When u starting your cycle?? (IGF/ED??)

Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    I was told not to carb deplete!?! According to Anthony Roberts book it said to be sure to keep carbs regular if not higher!

I mean, im not crazy itchy, just alot more than normal. Not red or anything

You should have carb depleted for 3-4 days prior to starting the course. I apologise for not making this clear to you in our PM's bro!!

If you have a mini-fast tomorrow until the evening you should completely deplete your glycogen stores and really kick start the DNP . Obvioulsy if you're doing cardio you might wanna take in just a bottle of gatorade or something after, dont want you going hypoglycaemic!!

Once you feel the burn, a carb heavy meal should really get you sweating!!
    Last edited by Jay-Ace; 01-21-2007 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    SVT... you know really at your age you should not be overly concerned about 'love handles' I can certainly appreciate that you would like to be ripped. I enjoyed my cycle of dnp and i am doing another one in a week. But if you plan on doing some Test in the near future, you can use some extra calories on your body. I'm not talking about being fat here, but the whole idea is to bulk a little. your body will use that extra fat on your cycle. You should look at tightening up your body in a couple of years after you have run a cycle and not worry about it so much at this age. I love DNP and feel it is a great weight loss, but do you really need it? Really, more football, hockey, martial arts or whatever you are into will take it off much nicer than burning it away with DNP. Might sound hypercritical of me to use it and say this, but i'm not 20 any more. Just my 2 cents, best of luck.

I would think a wiser choice would be for a longer recovery phase Lynn. Especially seeing as you are a woman (not stating the obvious! )!!

IIRC haven't you only just finished your cycle?? 4 weeks minimum for you would be a good time to clear your system and let all your bodily systems stabilise etc etc etc

Lynn is offline Female Member
    Thanks Jay Ace, was not sure how long I needed in between cycles. I thought 2 weeks was enough. Not that I agree that a womans body doesn't recover as fast as a mans lol. It is cold here, but will be getting warm soon, to the point that 500 mg might be a little much to take. So I guess i'm a little impatient as well to get this over with. I do feel great and hitting the gym hard and strong. Do you really feel it is necessary to wait longer than 2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    Thanks Jay Ace, was not sure how long I needed in between cycles. I thought 2 weeks was enough. Not that I agree that a womans body doesn't recover as fast as a mans lol. It is cold here, but will be getting warm soon, to the point that 500 mg might be a little much to take. So I guess i'm a little impatient as well to get this over with. I do feel great and hitting the gym hard and strong. Do you really feel it is necessary to wait longer than 2 weeks?

Don't quote me on this coz can't remember where I read it....

It's something to do with womens liver enzyme levels IIRC. During a DNP cycle many bodily enzymes end up in defficiency, as I'm sure you're well aware enzymes are rather important!!

It was mainly women that suffered from cataracts back in the 30's, this again due, in some parts, to a defficiency of Galactokinase.. causing a condition known as Galatosemia. You can reduce your risks of this happening by following a low-dairy diet!!

Obviously it's your choice, but if I were you (i'd never be bored being a woman...mmmm)...... anyway.......... If I were you I'd wait the 4 weeks just to be sure, I value my sight above everything else, if i went blind I'd kill myself!!

Snrf is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Ace

If you have a mini-fast tomorrow until the evening you should completely deplete your glycogen stores and really kick start the DNP . Obvioulsy if you're doing cardio you might wanna take in just a bottle of gatorade or something after, dont want you going hypoglycaemic!!

Once you feel the burn, a carb heavy meal should really get you sweating!![/B]

Definitely works, I fasted this morning for like 3 hours after I got up, then drank a nice cold regular coke which I haven't done for probably a year and I definitely felt the heat then! My friends were complaining how cold the library was and I was sitting there sweating.

I did AM cardio this morning, got up around 9:30am, then got to the gym around 10:30 after going to the bank and whatnot, so then I got in around 12:00 after 40 minutes of carido, so that's a 3 hour fast, still feel nada. I did weight 210 this morning before eating anything though. I'm sure I'll be around 215 by nighttime.

I did AM cardio this morning, got up around 9:30am, then got to the gym around 10:30 after going to the bank and whatnot, so then I got in around 12:00 after 40 minutes of carido, so that's a 3 hour fast, still feel nada. I did weight 210 this morning before eating anything though. I'm sure I'll be around 215 by nighttime.

Possibly the 1st man in history to be immune to DNP !!

SVT....

Are you on any medications?? Taking any Rec drugs (PM an answer if so)??

Just trying to run through my head why you aren't feeling the burn!!

Could you please weigh yourself as well, I'm wondering what blood concentration you're at and at what mg/lb. Could you please tell me exactly what you've taken so far.

Cheers

I am not on any med's, just OTC supps, arginine, and the list at the first post in this thread.
    I took 500mg yestarday, about to take my 2nd 250mg right now. Will check back in later. Weighed myself when I went to the gym again today (had enough energy for a double session) and at 215 after 2 meals and water

twiney is offline Junior Member
    Sorry but it looks like you have fake DNP .No non responders with good DNP.

End of Day 6 3rd day @ 500mg, still nothing.
    Fake.

End of Day 6 3rd day @ 500mg, still nothing.
    Fake.

You have PM

Just for everyone elses benefit, I've recommended to SVT that he tests his DNP with Ferric Chloride (Iron (III) Chloride). In the presence of DNP the Ferric Chloride solution will turn purple. The solution is available from chemical suppliers and more readily from electronic hobby shops, it's used to etch the copper surface on PCB (Printed Circuit Boards).
    Last edited by Jay-Ace; 01-23-2007 at 04:12 AM.

I just can't imagine myself being immune to a poison that makes everyone else burn up!!! Maybe I'm immortal or toxins

Snrf is offline Banned
    not even night sweats? thats my main side effect, I actually had to pick the crystallized salt out of my armpits this morning, serious sweating!

oh yeah that and its 2 degrees (celsius) here and I wonder around in a sweater while everyone else is wearing massive winter jackets...

Quote Originally Posted by Snrfmaster
    not even night sweats? thats my main side effect, I actually had to pick the crystallized salt out of my armpits this morning, serious sweating!

oh yeah that and its 2 degrees (celsius) here and I wonder around in a sweater while everyone else is wearing massive winter jackets...

Pussy, i was in t-shirt @ 750mg/ED!!

SVT......

I'm gonna start another course tomorrow from same batch and same tub as yours, i'm all up for being guinea pig and will front load to jump in at the deep end!!

In the mean time, make sure your electrolyte level is good, maybe a couple of bananas and using Lo-Salt will help as Potassium is a vital key to this stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snrfmaster

im jealous

United States Patent

Bachynsky June 16, 1987
    Human weight loss inducing method
    Abstract
    A human weight reduction method in which 2,4-dinitrophenol and a thyroid hormone preparation are administered to the
    patient. The dinitrophenol is administered in dosages sufficient to elevate the patient's body temperature, typically 250 mg
    every other day. The thyroid hormone preparation preferably contains 3,5,3'-triiodothyronine and is administered in dosages
    sufficient to substantially maintain the patient's serum T3 concentration originally present at treatment onset.
    Inventors:
    Bachynsky; Nicholas (1110 Pine Cir., Sea Brook, TX 77586)
    Assignee:
    Bachynsky; Nicholas (Sea Brook, TX)
    Appl. No.:

Filed:
    November 5, 1984
    Current U.S. Class: 514/567
    ; 514/909

Intern'l Class:
    A61K 031/195

Field of Search:
    514/728,909,567

References Cited
    [Referenced By]

U.S. Patent Documents
    May., 1978 Haydock et al. 514/728.

Other References
    Chem. Abst. 66:82758c (1967)--Rossini et al.
    Chem. Abst. 71:27671x (1969)--Tomita et al.
    Chem. Abst. 77:109780v (1972)--Tiller et al.
    Chem. Abst. 82:25791q (1975)--Wahl et al.
    Chem. Abst. 88:167300b (1978)--Kaplan et al.
    Chem. Abst. 89:191455x (1978)--Organesyan et al.
    Chem. Abst. 100:168805y (1984)--Sydykov.
    Chem. Abst. 102:56608w (1985)--Langer.
    Simkins, S., "Dinitrophenol and Desiccated Thyroid in the Treatment of Obesity," JAMA 108, pp. 2110-2117
    and 2193-2199 (1937).
    Tainter, M. L. et al., "Dinitrophenol in the Treatment of Obesity," JAMA 105, pp. 332-336 (1935).
    Tiller, F. W. et al., "The Effects of Noradrenaline and 2,4-Dinitrophenol on the Oxygen Consumption of
    Different-Aged Rats After Treatment with Triiodothyronine or Methylthiouracil," Arch. Int. Pharmacodyn. 198,
    pp. 377-384 (1972) (With Translation).
    Wahl, R. et al., "Influence of Various Drugs on the Adsorption of Thyroid Hormones to Liver Mitochondria," Z.
    Naturforsch, 29, pp. 608-617 (1974) (With Translation).
    Schimmel, M. et al., "Thyroidal and Peripheral Production of Thyroid Hormones," Annals of Internal Medicine
    87, pp. 760-768 (1977).
    Arena, Jay M., Poisoning, pp. 86 and 92 (Charles C. Thomas, Springfield, Ill. (1978).
    Cazeneuve, P. et al., "Sur les effets produits par l'ingestion et l'infusion intra-veineuse de trois colorants jaunes,
    derives de la houille," C.R. Acad. Sci. 101, pp. 1167-1169 (1885).
    Brobeck, J. R., "Food Intake as a Mechanism of Temperature Regulation," Yale Journal of Biology and
    Medicine 20, pp. 545-552 (1948).
    Cutting, W. C. et al., "Actions and Uses of Dinitrophenol," JAMA 101, pp. 193-195 (1933).
    Diechmann, W. B. et al., Symptomatology and Therapy of Toxicological Emergencies, pp. 452-453 (Academic
    Press, New York 1964).
    Counsel on Pharmacy and Chemistry, "Dinitrophenol Not Acceptable for N.N.R.," JAMA 105, pp. 31-33 (1935).
    Horner, W. D., "Cataract Following Dinitrophenol Treatment for Obesity," Archives of Opthalmology 16, pp.
    447-461 (1936).
    Negherbon, W. O., Handbook of Toxicology, vol. 3, pp. 303-308, (W. B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia 1959).
    Perkins, R. G. "A Study of the Munitions Intoxications in France," Public Health Reports 34, pp. 2335-2374
    (1919).
    Sims, E. A. H. et al., "Endocrine and Metabolic Effects of Experimental Obesity in Man," Recent Progress in
    Hormone Research 29, pp. 457-496 (1973).
    Spector, W. S., Handbook of Toxicology, vol. 1, p. 118, (W. B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, 1956).
    Tainter, M. L. et al., "A Case of Fatal Dinitrophenol Poisoning," JAMA 102, pp. 1147-1149 (1934).
    Physician's Desk Reference, 37th ed., pp. 1896-1897 (1983).
    Primary Examiner:
    Robinson; Douglas W.

Attorney, Agent or Firm:
    Pravel, Gambrell, Hewitt & Kimball

Claims
    I claim:
    1. A method of inducing weight loss in a patient, comprising the steps of:
    (a) administering 2,4-dinitrophenol or salt thereof at a rate ranging from about 60 to about 250 mg/day; and
    (b) concurrently administering 3,5,3'-triiodothyronine to the patient at a rate ranging from about 25 to about 100 mcg/day.
    2. The method of claim 1, wherein said 3,5,3'-triiodothyronine is substantially free of thyroxine.
    3. The method of claim 1, wherein said 3,5,3'-triiodothyronine administration is at a rate ranging from about 50 to about 100
    mcg/day.
    4. The method of claim 1, wherein said dinitrophenol is administered at said rate with dosages given only on alternate days.
    5. The method of claim 1, wherein said dinitrophenol is administered at said rate with primary dosages given on alternate days
    and smaller, supplemental dosages given on the days immediately subequent to said alternate days.
    6. The method of claim 1, wherein 2,4-dinitrophenol is administered.
    7. A method of inducing weight loss in a patient, comprising the steps of:
    (a) administering 2,4-dinitrophenol to the patient at a rate ranging from about 125 to about 250 mg/day; and
    (b) concurrently administering 3,5,3'-triiodothyronine substantially free of thyroxine to the patient at a rate ranging from about
    50 to about 100 mcg/day.
    8. The method of claim 7, wherein said dinitrophenol and said 3,5,3'-triiodothyronine are administered at initial rates of about
    250 mg of said dinitrophenol every other day and about 50 mcg 3,5,3'-triiodothyronine per day, and following 2-12 weeks of
    said administration at said initial rates, are administered at subsequent rates of about 250 mg of said dinitrophenol every other
    day alternated with about 125 mg of said dinitrophenol on subsequent days and about 100 mcg 3,5,3'-triiodothyronine per day.
    Description
    This invention relates to a method of inducing weight loss in patients by the concurrent administration of 2,4-dinitrophenol and
    3,5,3'-triiodothyronine.
    BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION
    Obesity is a common problem. Simply stated, obesity is an excess accumulation of adipose tissue which contains fat stored in
    the form of triglycerides. The number of cells in the body is determined at least by late adolescence and while the number of
    adipocyte cells may increase, it does not decrease. Thus, weight gain can result from an enlargement of adipocyte cells or an
    increase in their number. Typically, obese individuals have hypertrophic cells and the severely obese have an increase in
    adipose cell number as well as hypertrophy. An obese patient only reduces the fat in his cells when he loses weight. Further, he
    may not ever lose the tendency to gain weight.
    Body weight is regulated by an endogenous body mechanism. Physiological and neurological properties establish and maintain
    a given weight. Briefly stated, glycerol which is released during hydrolysis of triglycerides and adipose tissue is widely
    believed to regulate caloric intake and metabolism. Others have postulated that caloric intake is affected by both body
    temperature and environmental temperature. In addition, cell size and number affect energy regulation. Weight gain cannot be
    predicted solely on the amount of calories ingested.
    In normal persons, thermogenesis is an adaptive mechanism which increases the metabolic rate after overeating. While a
    normal person will experience an increase in thermogenesis following increased caloric intake, the obese either has a
    substantially decreased thermogenic mechanism or lacks this particular mechanism entirely.
    The use of dinitrophenol to treat obesity is known. Dinitrophenol is known to elevate the body temperature and produces a
    marked increase in caloric metabolism. However, ingestion of massive amounts of dinitrophenol causes toxicity by the
    uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation in the mitochondria of cells. Because of this toxicity, excessive amounts can result in
    profuse diaphoresis, fever, thirst, tachycardia and respiratory distress which can lead to hyperpyrexia, profound weight loss,
    respiratory failure and death. The minimum fatal human oral dose is estimated at one to three grams (approximately 20-30
    mg/kg).
    In methods heretofore known to using dinitrophenol to induce weight loss, while initial daily dosages have usually been much
    less than the toxic amount, about 100-250 mg, as the treatment progressed the patient normally developed a tolerance for
    dinitrophenol and the dosage was increased to obtain the same results. This increased dosage led to an increased frequency of
    toxic symptoms and general disuse of dinitrophenol in inducing weight loss.
    It has also been known to use drugs with thyroid hormone activity for the treatment of obesity. However, as described in
    Physicians' Desk Reference, Medical Economics Co. Inc., (Oradell, N.J.), 37th Ed. (1983), in euthyroid patients, it is well
    established that doses within the daily hormonal requirements are ineffective for weight reduction. However, larger doses may
    produce serious or even life-threatening manifestations of toxicity.
    SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION
    The present invention avoids the necessity of increased dosages of dinitrophenol and the concomitant toxicity problems
    associated therewith as treatment progresses while obtaining improved results. It has been discovered that the use of
    dinitrophenol induces hypothyroidism which can be prevented by concurrently administering thyroid hormone preparation
    with the dinitrophenol.
    Briefly, the present invention is a method of inducing weight loss in patients, including the steps of administering
    dinitrophenol to the patient in an amount sufficient to clinically increase thermogenesis of the patient, and concurrently
    administering a thyroid hormone preparation to the patient in an amount sufficient to substantially maintain the serum
    concentration of 3,5,3'-triiodothyronine of the patient originally present at treatment onset.
    DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE PREFERRED EMBODIMENT
    It has been discovered that the ingestion of dinitrophenol induces hypothyroidism. Athough it is not fully understood, it is
    believed that the normal thyroid gland produces both thyroxine (referred to herein as T4) and 3,5,3'-triiodothyronine (referred
    to herein as T3). However, approximately eighty percent of the serum T3 present in the body is produced by the extrathyroidal
    monodeiodination of T4 to T3. When dosages of dinitrophenol are taken, hypothyroidism is induced, not by a reduction in
    activity of the thyroid, but by a reduction of the rate of extrathyroidal conversion of T4 to T3. While both T4 and T3 are
    biologically active, T3 is much more active than T4. Thus, the reduction in serum T3 concentration induced by taking
    dinitrophenol substantially offsets the metabolic effect of the dinitrophenol. By analogy, the reduction in serum T3
    concentration is similar to that observed in fasting patients. Typically, normal serum T3 concentration ranges from about 70 to
    about 200 ng/dl.
    It has further been discovered that deficient serum T3 concentrations resulting from administration of dinitrophenol can be
    restored to normal concentrations by concurrently administering a thyroid hormone preparation therewith.
    In practicing the method of this invention, dinitrophenol is administered to the patient. The metabolically active dinitrophenols
    suitable for use in the invention include 2,4-dinitrophenol and the salts thereof. By the term administration is meant any
    suitable manner of introducing the medication into the patient's body, including orally (p.o.) and topically. The preferred
    manner of administering dinitrophenol is orally, as in the form of a tablet or capsule.
    The amount of dinitrophenol given should be sufficient so that the patient experiences increased body temperature. Preferably,
    the body temperature is elevated approximately 1.degree. F. The dose of dinitrophenol required to obtain this result varies from
    patient to patient, depending on factors such as, for example, weight, age, health, environmental conditions, physical activity,
    nutrition, and psychological state, but will normally be in the range of from about 60 to about 500 mg per day, or about 0.60 to
    about 5.0 mg/kg of body weight per day. Preferably, the dinitrophenol is administered in daily or alternating daily dosages,
    insuring that no cumulative effective results, such as excessive thermogenesis.
    It is essential that the amount of dinitrophenol administered not exceed toxic doses. In a few patients, adverse reactions may
    occur at dosages of dinitrophenol which are not effective to elevate the body temperature, contraindications including any
    clinical state in which there is hypermetabolism, such as hyperthyroidism, ongoing infections, and pregnancy, and any other
    clinical conditions such as heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, Addison's disease, liver disorders, or renal
    failure. Most are safely treated with suitable results from the aforementioned dosages.
    Concurrently with the administering of the dinitrophenol, or shortly thereafter, a thyroid hormone preparation is administered
    to the patient. As used herein, the term thyroid hormone preparation includes any suitable preparation which restores the serum
    T3 concentration, including preparations containing 3,5,3'-triiodothyronine, thyroxine, derivatives thereof or combinations
    thereof. Preferably, the thyroid hormone preparation contains T3. Because of the varying potency of such preparations,
    dosages of thyroid harmone preparation are reported herein on a T3 equivalent basis.
    The thyroid hormone preparation is administered in an amount sufficient to maintain the pretreatment serum T3 concentration
    in the patient, typically about 70-200 ng/dl in normal patients. Generally, from about 25 to about 200 mcg T3 equivalent per
    day, or from about 0.3 to about 2.7 mcg T3 equivalent per kilogram of body weight per day, is sufficient. Preferably, the
    thyroid hormone preparation is administered daily. In an especially preferred embodiment, the thyroid hormone preparation is
    administered orally with the dinitrophenol.
    As described above, the rate of extrathyroidal conversion of T4 to T3 may vary as treatment with the dinitrophenol progresses.
    Thus, it may be necessary to increse or decrease the dosage of the thyroid hormone preparation accordingly.
    It is preferred that in the practice of the method of this invention, the patient be closely monitored, especially in the initial
    stages of treatment. Recommended pretreatment and initial treatment protocol includes physical examination,
    electrocardiogram, and stress electrocardiogram if indicated, complete blood count, urinalysis, thyroid function studies (T3, T4
    and reverse T3), serum electrolytes, HDL cholesterol, serum creatinine, blood urea nitrogen, uric acid, calcium, pulmonary
    function tests and liver function tests including liver enzymes, biliribin, and alkaline phosphatase.
    In an especially preferred embodiment, the patient is started on initially lower dosage rates of dinitrophenol, about 250 mg
    every other day, and thyroid hormone preparation, about 25-50 mcg/day on a T3 equivalent basis. After 2-12 weeks of this
    treatment, if no adverse reactions are noted, the dosage rates may be increased to about 250 mg dinitrophenol alternated daily
    with about 125 mg, i.e. 250 mg on even-numbered days and 125 mg on odd-numbered days, and to about 100 mcg/day thyroid
    hormone preparation on a T3 equivalent basis. When the weight goal of the patient is achieved, the administration of the
    dinitrophenol may be discontinued, and the thyroid hormone preparation continued to maintain the patient's weight. While
    dietary control need not be strict, weight loss and weight maintenance are facilitated by moderate caloric intake of less than
    about 1800 calories per day, during and following treatment.
    This method is illustrated by way of the case histories which follow.
    Case 1
    A white female 31 years of age with a weight in excess of 200 pounds had attempted to loss weight with various diet plans.
    She had only been able to achieve about a 20-pound loss, and had immediately regained the weight. The patient was
    nulliparous and had no ongoing medical problems. Upon physical examination, she had a weight of 208.5 pounds, a height of 5
    feet, 3 inches, and a blood pressure of 132/80, without any goiter. Laboratory analyses, including complete blood count, liver
    profile, serum electrolytes, kidney function tests and thyroid function tests, were all within normal limits. Because of her
    familial history of heart disease, she underwent a stress electrocardiogram which was normal other than early fatigue and calf
    cramping.
    The patient was started on CYTOMEL brand of liothyronine sodium (manufactured by Smith, Kline and French), 50 mcg/day
    p.o., and on 2,4-dinitrophenol, 250 mg every other day p.o. On the 19th day of medication, the patient had normal vital signs
    and the dosages were increased to 100 mcg/day liothyronine, and 250 mg/day dinitrophenol alternated every other day with
    125 mg/day. The patient was subsequently maintained on these dosages and returned for follow-up examinations
    approximately every 3 weeks. The weight loss history is seen in Table 1. After 241 days of medication, the patient has
    achieved her weight goal of 135 pounds. Administration of the dinitrophenol was discontinued and the patient was maintained
    on liothyronine, 100 mcg/day p.o. No weight gain was subsequently observed.
    TABLE 1
    19 202 1/2
    35 196 1/2
    49 189 1/2
    69 184
    92 175
    113 167
    134 160
    155 152 1/2
    180 148
    206 146
    241 135
    the patient has a height of 5 feet, 10 inches, a weight of 255 pounds and a blood pressure of 160/100. Complete blood count,
    SMAC, serum electrolytes, thyroid function tests, glucose tolerance tests and stress electrocardiogram were normal.
    The patient was started on liothyronine, 50 mcg/day p.o., and on dinitrophenol, 250 mg every other day p.o. After two weeks,
    the blood pressure returned to normal (130/80), and the dosages were increased to 100 mcg/day liothyronine and 250 mg
    dinitrophenol alternated daily with 125 mg. The weight loss history is presented in Table 2. Once the weight goal of 167
    pounds had been achieved, the patient was taken off the dinitrophenol administration and the 100 mcg/day liothyronine
    medication was maintained. The patient was instructed to restrict caloric intake to approximately 1800 calories per day. No
    subsequent weight gain was observed.
    TABLE 2
    14 241
    30 232
    44 227
    65 220
    76 214
    97 208
    125 203
    153 197 3/4
    181 193
    209 189
    279 178
    321 167
    inches and a blood pressure of 150/110. Other than a slight enlargement of the heart on X-ray and +3 pitting edema, the
    physical examination was unremarkable. Laboratory analysis initially revealed a blood sugar of 372 with a glycohemoglobin
    of 14.3 (normal 4.4-8.2). The remaining tests, including stress electrocardiogram, were within normal limits. The patient was
    started on liothyronine, 50 mcg/day p.o., and dinitrophenol, 250 mg every other day, and was instructed to restrict his caloric
    intake to approximately 1800 calories per day. On the 59th day of treatment, the dosages were increased to 100 mcg/day
    liothyronine, and 250 mg/day dinitrophenol alternated every day with 125 mg. The patient's weight loss history is presented in
    Table 3. Following treatment, the dinitrophenol administration was discontinued and the patient was maintained on
    liothyronine, 100 mcg/day p.o. and instructed to maintain his caloric intake to approximately 1800 calories per day. No
    subsequent weight gain was observed.
    TABLE 3
    24 333
    38 314
    59 317
    80 297 1/4
    101 288
    122 275
    143 260 1/2
    164 254
    185 243 1/2
    206 246
    227 235 1/2
    248 234
    269 229
    290 222
    is intended that all such variations which fall within the scope and spirit of the appended claims be embraced thereby.

Too bad I'm not loosing any weight, or feeling anything for that matters.

Hate to say it brothu, but, the bottom line is ... you need to continually take it until you are hovering between discomfort, and misery.

DNP goes BAD over time. If he sold you an old batch, whomever "he" is ... you need to take more. I'm sure it sounds crazy, but why don't you take one every 12 hours for about 3 days, if that doesn't start working, bump up to one every 8. It really does sound to me that it has expired, oxidized, something. I know for FACT that the potency of some that I have is less than when I first took it.

It's pretty scary to take DNP without knowing the actual dose per capsule, but, if you've run it before, you should know what 300mg feels like, then you'll know when you're hitting it. However, if you've never ran it before ... you'll be flying dark. You SHOULD feel 250mg.

Also - since we're on the topic of DNP ... I'm posting my standard challenge for any FEMALE MOD who thinks she has documentation about the effects of DNP on female reproduction. Still waiting to see an opinion on that with "pubmed" PhD, or anything the likes...

saturn08 is offline Associate Member
    you should change the name of the thread to "DNP log: Its cold outside, and its damned cold inside as well!"

saturn08 is offline Associate Member
    Hey SVT, is that a dorm room you are in? I funckin hate those things.

Springbok_Powered is offline New Member
    Hey SVT Well done on loosing so much weight during high school, I know what it's like i was also fat when i was younger. I'm 21 now by the way.

If you check out my post: DNP - here we go, first cycle
    I am also doing my 1st DNP cycle, I'm on day 3 and also don't feel any real difference. But there are senior members like Narkissos who have been doing this longer than you and i combined, so i take their advise very seriously, besides they don't become mods by being jerks and giving bad advise.

Anyway the more experienced members are right, just be patient and let the DNP build up in your blood. at the low dosage we are on now it should start to kick in in about 7 days, besides whats the rush?

I'm gonna keep tabs on how your going on it and we can compare results since neither of us are on AAS, we're same age (almost) and train and eat right.

Good luck dude may the weight loss begin!

Too bad I'm not loosing any weight, or feeling anything for that matters.

Weigh yourself before bed, then again upon waking.

Any difference??

This really is crazy!! 3 people have had good results from same batch and you feel nothing!!

The only thing I can think of is that you've got water weight and it will come off in recovery!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by saturn08
    Hey SVT, is that a dorm room you are in? I funckin hate those things.
    Yeah thats my dorm room in my avy. It's horribly small .

You must CHANGE your body temperature... you must FEEL HEAT...

1 calorie = the amount of energy to increase 1 gram water by 1 degree celcius.

Get it? You MUST increase temperature. If you'd usually be cold, because it's 40 degrees F, and on DNP you're comfy, fine. But if it's 75 degrees, and you're on 250 or more, and you feel nothing, theres a problem. Figure it out.

How do I change my body temperature? What are you talking about haha?
    It's like 20 degrees outside, im comfortable, but not hot or sweating by any means.

twiney is offline Junior Member
    You must CHANGE your body temperature... you must FEEL HEAT...

1 calorie = the amount of energy to increase 1 gram water by 1 degree celcius.

Get it? You MUST increase temperature. If you'd usually be cold, because it's 40 degrees F, and on DNP you're comfy, fine. But if it's 75 degrees, and you're on 250 or more, and you feel nothing, theres a problem. Figure it out.

I agree.He is on 500.I hate to say it but this is fake dNP or the person cut it up.At least DNP is very cheap well it is in spain.But this is not point this is bad when you get fake things.

Well supposively 3 other guys in this thread are on the exact same product as me. They are supposively 250mg each, but I just don't see how they are real given the fact I feel normal, and I've never ran anything before so it's not like I'd build up a tolerence or anything.

I'm not necessarly pissed about the money I spent on them, it sucks yes, but I'm pissed I'm not loosing any more weight than I usally do.

Well supposively 3 other guys in this thread are on the exact same product as me. They are supposively 250mg each, but I just don't see how they are real given the fact I feel normal, and I've never ran anything before so it's not like I'd build up a tolerence or anything.

I'm not necessarly pissed about the money I spent on them, it sucks yes, but I'm pissed I'm not loosing any more weight than I usally do.

I'm starting cycle tomorrow on same gear, if I get no result I'll make sure the supplier gives you a refund!

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    man, that sucks svt. your' two wks in now? what was the expiration on the DNP ?

Quote Originally Posted by testosterona
    man, that sucks svt. your' two wks in now? what was the expiration on the DNP?

The DNP was capped in December 2006, same as my cycle and Snrfmaster's.

Quote Originally Posted by testosterona
    man, that sucks svt. your' two wks in now? what was the expiration on the DNP?
    1993 probably

Dude!!!! You Neglected To Mention That You Are Comfortable In Shorts And A Sleeveless Shirt In 20 Degree Weather! Be Patient, It's Obviously Doing Just As It's Supposed To!!! Lol

Dude!!!! You Neglected To Mention That You Are Comfortable In Shorts And A Sleeveless Shirt In 20 Degree Weather! Be Patient, It's Obviously Doing Just As It's Supposed To!!! Lol
    INSIDE not outside lol

Decided to try 500mg first thing in the morning. Feel fine. Boy I love this DNP all right. no effects at all! oh wait, no weight loss, sweating, or anything else either.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information