Thread: Army Rangers?

hitnyajunk08 is offline Junior Member

Army Rangers?

I'm graduating this year and am seriously considering joining the army, I want to enlist in the special forces, either Rangers or Delta Force. I was wondering if anyone with experience in any special forces could help me out and give me any kind of workout advice so I can see if I am in good enough shape to even be considering this. I hear everyone say most of it is mental and if you are mentally strong you can handle the physical aspect. I was just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what to expect if I decide to enlist. I really want to do this, I would be an officer as well since I will be a college grad. and all. I know Rangers is a 3 year commitment and Delta Force is a 5 year commitment any info. on these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks bros

p.s. I will be clean when I enter. I have done 3 cycles throughout college, but am not on now. I am 22 years old 5'11'' 198 lbs 11.4 % bf just got it checked last week.

bump

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    Run Run run and run will help you out in a ranger Batt. Youll go through Basic training then after youll go to airborne school then the fun part Ranger indoctrination program(R.I.P) Its a lot of mental games but if you want to be prepared I would suggest running cause we ran our asses off.You dont need to lift weights but doing about 300-400 pushups and around 200 situps everyday will help you out, oh yea do pull ups too cause you will do pull ups before chow in RIP. If you know what flutter kicks are then start doing them cause youll do them a lot too. GL

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    rangerdudeleads is right. run...and run with a backpack with books in it, get a little weight on your shoulders. and as rdl said, flutterkicks. good luck.

pump man is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by rangerdudeleads
    Run Run run and run will help you out in a ranger Batt. Youll go through Basic training then after youll go to airborne school then the fun part Ranger indoctrination program(R.I.P) Its a lot of mental games but if you want to be prepared I would suggest running cause we ran our asses off.You dont need to lift weights but doing about 300-400 pushups and around 200 situps everyday will help you out, oh yea do pull ups too cause you will do pull ups before chow in RIP. If you know what flutter kicks are then start doing them cause youll do them a lot too. GL
    the back back is true also,they have hill's if you don't use stair's ,it is mental,but just as physical i loved all of it !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your info. and help fellas. I'm going to talk to a recruiter and train all year. Then when I graduate in May it hopefully will be go time. I'll let everyone know though when I make my final decision.

FROGMAN1 is offline New Member
    FIRST OF ALL, YOU CAN'T ENLIST IN DELTA. THOSE GUYS ARE HAND PICKED BY DELTA SELECTION OFFICERS AND COME FROM ALL BRANCHES OF THE MILITARY [SEALS, MARINE RECON, AIRFORCE PJ'S, RANGERS, AND REGULAR ARMY SPECIAL FORCES] YOU CANT EVEN TRY OUT FOR REGULAR SPECIAL FORCES [GREEN BERETS] UNTIL YOU ARE AT THE RANK OF E-5 SGT. ALSO, KEEP IN MIND, SPECIAL FORCES AND DELTA ARE COMPLETELY SEPERATE. TO EVEN BE CONSIDERED FOR DELTA [THEY PICK YOU, NOT YOU THEM], YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS OF EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE IN YOUR MOS. YOU CANT HAVE ANY DICIPLINARY WRITE UPS OR SERIOUS INJURIES. I WOULD RECCOMEND THAT YOU BECOME A RANGER AND STAY THERE UNTIL YOU ARE A SGT. QUALIFY FOR ANYTHING YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON IF IT INVOLVES COMMUNICATION EQUIPTMENT. THESE PEOPLE ARE IN HIGH DEMAND IN DELTA AND REGULAR SPECIAL FORCES. BRO, DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER USING ROIDS IF YOU WANT TO EVENTUALLY TRY OUT FOR DELTA. THEY WILL HAIR FOLICLE TEST YOU ON THE VERY FIRST DAY OF THE SELECTION COURSE AND IF YOU HAVE EVER DONE ANYTHING HARDER THAN MARAJUANA AND IT SHOWS UP [AND IT WILL] YOU WILL BE RTU'D [RETURNED TO YOUR REGULAR UNIT] DELTA WILL INTERVIEW YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS, TEACHERS, EX-GIRLFRIENDS, ETC. THEY WILL PRESENT THEMSELVES TO THE PEOPLE YOU KNOW AS ARMY OFFICERS AND TELL THEM THAT YOU ARE UP FOR PROMOTION. DELTA IS SO SECRET, SOME WIVES STILL THINK THEIR HUSBANDS ARE IN REGULAR SPECIAL FORCES. I HAVE MET SEVERAL D-BOYS AND THESE GUYS ARE SQUEAKY CLEAN. THE CREAM OF THE CROP BRO. I DO NOT WANT TO DISCOURAGE YOU BUT THE ODDS OF A GOOD SPECIAL OPERATIONS SOLDIER BEING PICKED TO TRY OUT FOR DELTA ARE ABOUT THE SAME AS AN ABOVE AVERAGE POINT GUARD MAKING IT TO THE NBA. THE TALENT POOL IS THAT GOOD. AS FOR TRAINING, SWIM, SWIM, SWIM AND WHEN YOU CANT SWIM ANYMORE RUN, RUN, RUN. MOST PEOPLE WASH OUT DUE TO STRESS FRACTURES OR FEAR OF THE WATER. I SUGGEST THAT YOU GO TO NAVYSEALS.COM AND READ UP ON TRAINING TO BECOME A SEAL. THIS WILL PREPARE YOU FOR ANYTHING THAT YOU WILL FACE IN THE RANGERS AND EVENTUALLY SPECIAL FORCES. ALSO, DO NOT LET YOUR RECRUITER BULL SHIT YOU. YOU CANT GO STRAIGHT INTO SPECIAL FORCES UNTIL YOU ARE A SGT. OR AN OFFICER IF YOU ARE A COLLEGE GRAD.
    GOOD LUCK AND REMEMBER, NO PAIN NO GAIN. DONT QUIT

FROGMAN1 is offline New Member
    BRO, I JUST READ YOUR POST AGAIN AND SAW YOU WILL BE A COLLEGE GRAD. SORRY, I MISSED THAT THE FIRST TIME. I WOULD STAY IN THE RANGERS UNTIL YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR SELECTION [5 YEARS]. UNTIL POST 11 SEPT. GREEN BERETS PRIMARILY TRAINED OTHER ARMIES AND PAINTED CHURCHES AND FED THE HUNGARY. IF YOU WANT TO HEAR YOUR WEAPON GO OFF EVERY NOW AND THEN, STAY IN RANGER BATALLION. AS FOR YOUR PREVIOUS A.S. USAGE, THAT WILL BE A PROBLEM FOR GETTING INTO DELTA BUT NOT RANGERS OF REGULAR SF.

Wow, thanks for all that info..I was not aware of the whole procedure for getting into special forces, especially delta force. I did not know they were that elaborate in their background checks. I have done steroids before and some other harsher drugs than marijuana in my high school days. I think I want to be a ranger, I love physical activity and i want to challenge myself. I'm going to talk to a recruiter again and try to clarify some more questions I have. I may PM you with more questions when they come about since it seems you are very knowledgeable in this area. Thanks again bros.

Thread Information