Lush is offline Associate Member

Anybody use a 0.2micron filter for fina?

I've read that if you warm the fina when filtering you can get it through a .45 micron syringe filter alright.

Anybody ever do it with a 0.2micron filter? I'd rather use a .2 if it will work alright.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    ha, good luck, make sure you buy a few and get ready for an intense forearm workout. I was under the impression that the only difference between the 2 was that the .2 catches viruses also. Why would you need that? fina is not a carrier of viruses; .45 should be enough to remove all bacteria. Let us know how it goes if you decide to use the .2

Lush is offline Associate Member
    Well I don't think a .45 will get all bacteria. Most yeah- but some are smaller than .45.

i thought I'd use 0.2 if it's possible- but most guys at EF are saying the 0.2 will be tough.

I guess I'm not to worried- I mean kits come with a .45 and people don't get infections.

Maybe I'll do a .45 and then see if I can go .2 after that.

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    yeah if you are gonna try a .2 make sure you run it through the .45 first as it will certainly not make it through the .2 if not.

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    thatd be hard, ive heard the horror stories...if you dont mind pushing it for a few hours and itll make you sleep better that night, go for it...$.02

dadude is offline New Member
    I'm doing one right now using .2 filter and they are right it takes a long time. This is what I do - heat it up, I use a vial with a screw on cap/septa, attach the filter onto syringe and place on top of open vial, use a "quick grip bar clamp" now all you have to do is pull the trigger ever so often to apply more pressure but not too much or the filter will bust. Using the .2 the liquid comes out clear but does take a long time but it looks good. Peace
    Last edited by dadude; 07-24-2002 at 10:30 PM.

Thread Information