shroomduck is offline New Member

No Where Else To Turn - Newb Questions

Good Evening,

Starters:

266lbs
    6'1
    21 years old

I've been reading up on AS for quite some time now and I think i'm ready, but before I get going on anything to rediculous I have quite a few questions I wanted to ask and literally have no where to turn except online forums.

A little background info on myself. I used to be 350lbs, overweight and pretty much a slob, changed that about 4 years ago of hard working out and training and have brought myself down to 260, pretty solid but still flabby. I do a 4 or 5 day split training routine, totally depends on how hectic my studying is and other things are in my life, but 4 is the bare minimum. I will be the first to admit my diet is not in perfect order, but I do eat as healthy as i can, lots of proteins, veggies, fruits and juices, and of course water. At the end of my training I do atleast 15-20mins of cardio every training day but very minimum if i'm not training because of my job (IT Admin) as well as college student so the most I do is walking around from building to building, in the halls, etc.

What I Want to do:
    I want to become a house, I already have a very solid structure, I have a very large frame, i'm not your average fat kid turned skinny, I have very broad shoulders, tree trunk legs, I feel a very solid foundation to take it to the next step. I want to drop to 13% bodyfat from where I am right now, but also put on alot of lean mass and am looking for some advice.

The cycle I was going to run (this is rough of course) would be Test E/Dbol but I heard Tbol was alot better for cutting. Again, dosages are up in the air as I am still scouting for a very solid supplier but needed to get some more informative advice before I commit my hard earned dollars and time to something that may be totally wrong for myself.

I would appreciate any advice anyone could offer and will leave you with my thanks.

Last edited by shroomduck; 02-12-2007 at 10:39 AM.

Ryler is offline Junior Member
    Shroomduck, after reading your post I am thinking a couple things. first, 266lbs on a 6'1 frame is pretty damn big. I'm not sure what your body fat % is but if its anything below 20%, you're looking large. You say you want to get cut up but your diet isn't spot on....working out IMHO is 70-80% dependent upon diet. If you aren't watching what you're eating to the tee, you will NOT make the gains you'd like, no matter how much you train. If i was your size, i would focus on shedding BF% not bulking up and steroids are not a magic fat burner. As you burn calories or stored fat AAS will help hold onto the lean muscle tissue you already have or possibly gain more, dependent upon how intense your cardio workouts are. What I seriously would recommend is to NOT take AAS as you haven't been training long enough or serious enough judging from what you've written. I would clean up the diet, low glycemic index carbs, no junk (soda, candy, ya deee ya) and focus on weight training naturally while reducing BF% through interval training. Interval training burns more calories than continous same-paced running alone. Interval training = run hard, jog, run hard, jog, repeat. This will drop your BF% to an acceptable level where the muscle you have ALREADY will be able to be seen, i.e. definition. I'd just train for cuts. Sorry if you feel i have this all worng, just going by what you wrote....good luck bro.

Hey bro, its no problem, Thats why I posted here, to get some informative answers.

As for not training hard enough, well I donno about that, I train as hard as I can, I can guarentee i'm no slouch in that department. As for the diet, I'll admit it does need work, but its not that im eating junk, it's just that sometimes I cannot cook a piece of chicken or something along those lines so I can to sling down a slice of pizza or a subway sandwhich. I don't eat anything like mcdonalds or that crap, pizzas prolly my worst thing. Body fat is est around 17% or about 46 lbs of fat, I could def afford to lose some of that, but do not get me wrong, I want to be a beast, I have no problem going through a bulking stage and than cutting again. I should of been a little clearer on my question.

What I meant was, is it effective to burn fat while also bulking lean mass on gear. Also, thanks for taking the time for the reply

jdDoWork is offline Junior Member
    you shouldnt really do anything untill your diet is bullet proof and you have done everything you possibly can naturally

Buschlightcan is offline Associate Member
    I think dbol is the last compound that you need to be taking. The water retention will just add to what you are trying to get rid of. I think you need to read some old posts and educate yourself a little more before jumping into this. Good luck.

Also, here are my all natural lifting stats

Max:
    Bench - 305 x 1
    Deadlift - 405 x 3
    Squat - 495 x 2
    Legpress - 1585 x 4 (havent done this in over a month due to my knees)

anyone wants to know any others just ask

Also, i've read up on dianabol and found that although it does promote water retention, I do like the lean gains it provides once you shed the "swole"
    Last edited by shroomduck; 02-12-2007 at 08:26 AM.

wishmasterATM is offline Banned
    if your looking for lean gains, test would probably be the best

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just by looking at your lift stats. You need more up body strenth. Most big people have great lower body strenth and not much uper. I would keep your lower body work out and dial in your uper then and only then consider a cycle. 6'1 266 your bench should be around 375 x1. sounds like you really want to make change your in the right place. Keep up the herd work bro.

Quote Originally Posted by wishmasterATM
    if your looking for lean gains, test would probably be the best
    Which test? As I stated I was thinking of a Test Enanthate / Dianabol (1-4). I know about the bloating but from what i've heard and seen, dbol provides some nice gains for an addition to the Test once you shed the water retention.

Just by looking at your lift stats. You need more up body strenth. Most big people have great lower body strenth and not much uper. I would keep your lower body work out and dial in your uper then and only then consider a cycle. 6'1 266 your bench should be around 375 x1. sounds like you really want to make change your in the right place. Keep up the herd work bro.
    Really appreciate the kind words, yes im desperate for a change, I love working out and will never stop, but I also want to get dialed in for this summer if you know what I mean. When I come home from school I want people to be like hehe

And as for the upper body, im not brutal, just not where I should be for my size. I can throw up 120lb dumbells in each hand for incline chest press, 100's for Military press, I think my routine has become a little mundane so I have decided to hit different workouts on different days to mix it up a little now.
    Last edited by shroomduck; 02-12-2007 at 10:22 AM.

nandro_shagg is offline Associate Member
    i applaud you for the accomplishments so far it sounds like your really getting motivated...as ive stated in a few post befor i think a persons first cycle needs not be befor their plateu that they just cant seem to break...this i doubt is your case...with that in mind i wouldn't recommend a steroid at this point, and deffinatly not dbol . cutting is going to be your hardest part being a mesomorph, and if you accomplish at least the majority of your goals, say down to 13% bf, i would think your natural muscle would be quite impressive anyway judging on how you describe yourself...maybe you should consider takeing clenbuterol ..?? i doubt its reccommended as a first timers thing but its a descent fat burner and said to build muscle too, i think perfectbeast has a sticky on clenbuterol...ask him about it...most of the guys here are "new" and one could argue their credibility as well as mine lol...

also, a good cycle of test depending on diet training and dose, could add 20-30lbs on you...u sure u want to be pushing the 300 mark again? muscle or not 300lbs on a man with your bf% isnt going to look good...IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by nandro_shagg
    also, a good cycle of test depending on diet training and dose, could add 20-30lbs on you...u sure u want to be pushing the 300 mark again? muscle or not 300lbs on a man with your bf% isnt going to look good...IMHO
    Oh I know what it will do, but right now the only thing I cannot get to show are my abs because of a beer gut you could call it, my bi's show, delts, quads and all that stuff, just not defined as much as they could be, I wanted to do 1 clean bulk than cut hard post cycle after pct. ill include a picture in the first post so you can get an idea of my bodytype.

go ask gsxr...or some dude like that...he's a cycle king dude on here he can help you more...i might recommend winstrol , or deca , but go ask him im not good at 1rst time cycles

Bump for more views

nightime user bump, want to get lots of feedback if possible, the more I learn the better

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    here is a question for you..

today, think back.. did you eat 300-350grams of protein???

that will tell us what cycle would put you on your way..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Today my protein intake was probably around 250-300, I could up it to another protein shake if need be in the middle of the night.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Post more pics of entire body
    List diet more thoroughly
    List training routine

Then I will try to help you as best as I can. I feel like it today lol.

passthetest is offline Member
    Great job you have come a long way from 350 lbs. Instead of changing things up and looking into as I would recomend solidifying your diet and cardio (and not having to depend on clen ). Whatever you have been doing is working now fix the rest get down to 13% bf and you will be ready. Keep up the good work

Nickster#1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shroomduck
    Good Evening,

Starters:

266lbs
    6'1
    21 years old

I've been reading up on AS for quite some time now and I think i'm ready, but before I get going on anything to rediculous I have quite a few questions I wanted to ask and literally have no where to turn except online forums.

A little background info on myself. I used to be 350lbs, overweight and pretty much a slob, changed that about 4 years ago of hard working out and training and have brought myself down to 260, pretty solid but still flabby. I do a 4 or 5 day split training routine, totally depends on how hectic my studying is and other things are in my life, but 4 is the bare minimum. I will be the first to admit my diet is not in perfect order, but I do eat as healthy as i can, lots of proteins, veggies, fruits and juices, and of course water. At the end of my training I do atleast 15-20mins of cardio every training day but very minimum if i'm not training because of my job (IT Admin) as well as college student so the most I do is walking around from building to building, in the halls, etc.

What I Want to do:
    I want to become a house, I already have a very solid structure, I have a very large frame, i'm not your average fat kid turned skinny, I have very broad shoulders, tree trunk legs, I feel a very solid foundation to take it to the next step. I want to drop to 13% bodyfat from where I am right now, but also put on alot of lean mass and am looking for some advice.

The cycle I was going to run (this is rough of course) would be Test E/Dbol but I heard Tbol was alot better for cutting. Again, dosages are up in the air as I am still scouting for a very solid supplier but needed to get some more informative advice before I commit my hard earned dollars and time to something that may be totally wrong for myself.

I would appreciate any advice anyone could offer and will leave you with my thanks.

From what you say, you have made alot of progress the last four years. Props to ya.....
    You still have a ways to go though, IMHO. You are still fairly young at 21. You look pretty good in the pic you posted, but I think that more training and ALOT more research regarding AS and diet is needed before you travel down the road of.......welll,,,you know. DBol is definatey NOT what you should do. You got plenty of time to research and get your ducks in a row before you jump into the lake of fire, and that is exactly what it is if you are not %100 sure of what your doing.
    Just keep haunting this forum, ask questions, and give it a little more time.
    You should post more stats and info regarding you training and diet and how you workout. There are alot of variables, but then again, it is also pretty basic. Hope your not cofused.

Thread Information