Thread: leg injections

dacosta is offline Junior Member

leg injections

why do i have to use a blue needle in my quad it seems to me that an orange needle will do the job or is it about how far into the muscle you inject????

BOOST is offline Member
    23g 1.5" for glutes
    25g 1" for most everywhere else

frank12391 is offline Member
    You have to penetrate past the subcutanious layer (layer of fat) under the skin and into the muscle, deep. It usually takes at least 1 inch in the quads, bearing in mind that you need to leave some of the needle poking out incase it breaks if you move too much. So I would use the blue pin which is probably a 23g 1 1/4 inch or 1 1/2 inch which is ideal. The orange pin is probably a 25g 1 inch. You would have trouble passing the oily solution through that and it may not penetrate deep enough. If you inject oil in the Sub Q layer, you risk getting an abcess and it will not be an effective injection. It's what they call a failed injection.

Check the wrappers on your needls for sizes and get familiar with them.
    Last edited by frank12391; 02-18-2007 at 08:42 PM.

Fastcav is offline New Member
    I use 23g 1" for my quads and 22G 1.5" in glutes. Im only about 8% bf natrually though so not much problem getting past the fat.

SNUKA is offline Member
    i do like frank says i always use 1.5 inches and go in about 1.25 inches and leave a little hanging out case a freak accident happens and needle breaks

kynetguy is offline Senior Member
    Have you ever tried to break a needle? Its actually not real easy. Before you bent it enough to break it, you would be screaming in agony at the tip slicing through muscles like a knife.

I really think some people are over paranoid about this.

I use a one inch on delts and quads, I dont shoot my glutes. I am not that coordinated to look in the mirror and hit it. PLus I find it very difficult to asperate. I tend to move the pin around a lot when shooting my glutes and that really causes more pain than needed. But that's just me.

Anyway, I burry that bitch in my quad or delt. That way when I asperate and inject, I know the depth isnt changing because its already all the way in. So I don't have to worry about going an extra 1/4 inch and hitting a vessel after I begin to inject.

Thread Information