convalescence69 is offline Associate Member

Tbol and Hair, concerns...

Alright, I got my order of Tbol, and before i start using it, I'd like some feedback from people regarding Tbol and hair loss, if there is any such concern. I read some people use finasteride or dutasteride while on it, but is that necessary? Is Tbol a DHT derivative?
    I have some Dutasteride handy just in case, and I read that Beta Sitosterol is another good natural dht blocker and have that handy too.

brass-man is offline Junior Member
    Turinabol is not known for its androgenic effects. It is fairly mild in this aspect. However, I think it's important to get this out in the open.

Any steroids that lack a 4-5 double bond cannot be changed by the 5-alpha reductase enzyme, that is, the enzyme inhibited by fina/dutasteride. This enzyme cleaves the 4-5 double bond, turning testosterone into DHT.

Not only this, but in some compounds, cleaving the 4-5 bond actually reduces their androgenic properties, rather than enhancing them. Nandrolone is one of these if my memory serves me correctly.

Turinabol lacks the 4-5 double bond. It is not affected by 5-alpha reductase, and therefore is not affected by fina/dutasteride use one way or the other.

In this spirit, we can only really say that fina/dutasteride will eliminate the possibility for hairloss on cycle if testosterone is the only compound you're using.
    alles klar?
    Last edited by brass-man; 02-22-2007 at 12:36 PM.

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    I have no issues w/ hair loss or balding, however, when I took tbol in my last two cycles I really had an itchy scalp and noticed extra sheding for a week or two. Go figure.

Getbig06 is offline Associate Member
    Tbol is not a dht

brass-man is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Getbig06
    Tbol is not a dht
    Not technically no, but it doesn't have the 4-5 double bond either. People need to start thinking away from "is it a DHT or no?" because that's not the whole story. Not even close. See my above post.

Good stuff guys, thanks a ton, keep it coming

randy6969 is offline Member
    i did 2 tbol cycles and i didn't notice any hair loss. The first cycle i ran i noticed more shedding while shampooing my hair then normal.... so i started using nizoral 2% everyday and no shedding at all.... im pretty paranoid about running big cycles...my last cycle i think my hairline receded a little....:-( (dbol , test, deca ) i was planning on doing tbol alone next cycle with nizoral....

Thanks man, where would I snag myself some Nizoral?

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by convalescence69
    Virtually anywhere.
    It comes in an OTC 1%, and a prescribed 2% version.

M.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by brass-man
    Not technically no, but it doesn't have the 4-5 double bond either. People need to start thinking away from "is it a DHT or no?" because that's not the whole story. Not even close. See my above post.
    Very good point!
    Many think DHT is the sole cause of hair loss.

M.

getdowntoit is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    Very good point!
    Many think DHT is the sole cause of hair loss.

M.
    What else causes it barring stress?

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getdowntoit
    What else causes it barring stress?
    From what I have read DHT, Stress, Estrogen, fluctuation of your hormones, the compound itself as in the case of Tren , I even heard that increased levels of IGF will cause your hair to shed. There are so many factors as stated above than just DHT. Those are just a few I remember reading off the top of my head.

randy6969 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by convalescence69

u can order the 2% off the internet...theres a great canadian websiite that sells it.... thats were i get mine from... search for nizoral 2% on google.com

good luck...

and when u use it.. use it after u workout clean ur scap with it for a min. leave it on ur scap for an additional 4 mins then rinse... u can also follow with a good conditioner from Nioxin or something.

getdowntoit is offline Junior Member
    ive got nizorol but i don't know if it's 2%, it just says ketoconazole 20mg/g

doittoit is offline Associate Member
    if u run tbol hairloss should be the least of your concerns, and if u shed on that shit good luck with any other gear

Billytk03z is offline Member
    Ive ran tbol at 60mg ed for the past 5 weeks and no hairloss, I may have however receded just a tiny bit in the temple area but I am totally sure..... but I was taking finasteride which I think hurt my overall hardness... my strength still skyrocketed tho....... as of now for the next 4 weeks I have added test prop w/ the tbol.....
    Last edited by Billytk03z; 02-27-2007 at 05:34 PM.

Thread Information