dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Can you safely give blood while on AAS?

I was wondering since the AAS would be in your system wouldn't the person recieving your blood also get the AAS into their system or wouldn't their be some other type of problem with the blood being "tainted".

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Why are you injecting AAS into your bloodstream?

mma_badboy is offline Junior Member
    In the UK you can't give blood if you've taken any AAS at any time.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    i give blood but i lie about as use. the only reason AS use invalidates us is because they think we may use dirty needles or share. I am 100% confident my injection practice is cleaner than most doctors or hospitals so i lie about it. You cannot transfer AS to the donore via your blood due to the processes it goes through ect.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    You cannot transfer AS to the donore via your blood due to the processes it goes through ect.
    Are you saying that if I adminster 250mg of TE every other day and get bloodwork done to measure my testosterone levels ... the elevated blood count will not pass on to the screener at the lab?

If you are administering AAS - or have skewed blood chemistry for whatever reason - you should not give your blood to anyone...

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Are you saying that if I adminster 250mg of TE every other day and get bloodwork done to measure my testosterone levels ... the elevated blood count will not pass on to the screener at the lab?

If you are administering AAS - or have skewed blood chemistry for whatever reason - you should not give your blood to anyone...
    Thats my opinion too. Its just like how mothers taking certain medications shouldnt breast feed. AAS do pass in your blood stream, thats why they can be screened I believe. Only way this wouldnt be true is if they actually test for biproducts of their breakdown and not the acutual AAS, this Im not sure. I know that when I was taking theophyillne for my astham I was told to never give blood. Im pretty sure it would pass to the donor. The amount would be very small since the volume of blood is, but that person could have some kind of allergic reaction to the substances.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior

No thats not what im saying. The blood is put through a series of treatments which would effectively filter out any foreign substances. These treatments would not filter out HIV,HEP and such which is why there questions and concerns are geared towards people who have shared needles, had anal sex, been paid for sex ect ect.

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    No thats not what im saying. The blood is put through a series of treatments which would effectively filter out any foreign substances. These treatments would not filter out HIV,HEP and such which is why there questions and concerns are geared towards people who have shared needles, had anal sex, been paid for sex ect ect.
    Good point there. Guess we need to do some more research. I wasnt aware that they could filter out such substances. How did you come to know this?

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorf
    Good point there. Guess we need to do some more research. I wasnt aware that they could filter out such substances. How did you come to know this?
    I spoke with the nurse who interviewed me for the blood giving session. I wanted to make sure I was not putting others at risk. I told her I had recieved blood before and asked about the possiblllity of drug users donating contaminated blood ect.

Thread Information