chipy is offline Junior Member

As and health question for the vets

I know certain sides are common but i am having trouble understanding the shortness of breath? Whats the deal with this how does the gear affect it. I have used test and decca and have had a little of this going on and i am getting ready for a cycle of tren and prop and want to understand this a little better. After the cycle stops how long does it take to get back to norm?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    checked ur BP lately? .. i would definetly start there

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    Not always totally linked to high bp, I also wonder what the cause is. ive never really seen a difinitive answer. I do think it has something to do with fluid retention though. Youll also notice that your resting heart rate goes up quite a bit too while on. In my experience it takes me about maybe 3 weeks to return to normal once off. It does happen pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorf
    Not always totally linked to high bp, I also wonder what the cause is. ive never really seen a difinitive answer. I do think it has something to do with fluid retention though. Youll also notice that your resting heart rate goes up quite a bit too while on. In my experience it takes me about maybe 3 weeks to return to normal once off. It does happen pretty fast.
    fluid retention is linked to high BP most often but in most cases its an increase in RBC's and platelets.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    fluid retention is linked to high BP most often but in most cases its an increase in RBC's and platelets.
    Strange though, would think your resting heart rate would decrease if you have more RBCs. I know that people that naturally have higher RBC counts have a lower resting heart rate. Another thing I notice too is that I bleed much easier while im on. Takes much longer for blood to clot. Wondering how platelet count could go up and have this happen, maybe its the sheer volume of RBCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorf
    Strange though, would think your resting heart rate would decrease if you have more RBCs. I know that people that naturally have higher RBC counts have a lower resting heart rate. Another thing I notice too is that I bleed much easier while im on. Takes much longer for blood to clot. Wondering how platelet count could go up and have this happen, maybe its the sheer volume of RBCs.
    as blood becomes harder to pump, heart has to work harder

jagdpanther is offline Member
    My opinion is that the shortness of breath is related to the extra weight put on so quickly. The body is not used to it and doesn't have time to adapt. The added weight makes you burn more O2 with every step.

Quote Originally Posted by jagdpanther
    My opinion is that the shortness of breath is related to the extra weight put on so quickly. The body is not used to it and doesn't have time to adapt. The added weight makes you burn more O2 with every step.
    Only thing is, the heart rate is up even when youre lying down in bed. The weight gain probably does have something to do with it though.

Thread Information