jbk
    jbk is offline New Member

Going to have to be a donor for a liver transplant... is this a no for roids?

I have recently learned that my father unfortunately has an unhealthy liver that is giving up on him and hardening up.. he told me that there is no cure.. i don't know exactly what disease he has because his does not speak English well but i believe it maybe cirrhosis?

i do know that he is going to need a liver transplant soon enough and i am willing to be the donor... as of now he is telling me that his doctor does tell him to come back every 3 months for a check up so im guessing that he isnt going to need it anytime soon.. correct me if im wrong please...

I was also looking into taking my first cycle this month before the summer but im afraid that may cause some kind of problem when the time comes to donate and if this is the case i would most definitely hold off...

please all of your insights would be appreciated thank you

DJNbig is offline New Member
    wtf?

renman8 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbk
    I have recently learned that my father unfortunately has an unhealthy liver that is giving up on him and hardening up.. he told me that there is no cure.. i don't know exactly what disease he has because his does not speak English well but i believe it maybe cirrhosis?

i do know that he is going to need a liver transplant soon enough and i am willing to be the donor... as of now he is telling me that his doctor does tell him to come back every 3 months for a check up so im guessing that he isnt going to need it anytime soon.. correct me if im wrong please...

I was also looking into taking my first cycle this month before the summer but im afraid that may cause some kind of problem when the time comes to donate and if this is the case i would most definitely hold off...

please all of your insights would be appreciated thank you
    hum... how many livers do you have pal? Id say you should probably pass on the cycle .....

jbk
    jbk is offline New Member
    the liver can grow back on its own and what they do for a live donor is cut off what they need for the one that needs the transplant...

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    The liver can function fully with only 10% of its size, so a little bit can be taken off from you if thats the case.
    But i always thought the stadard procedure for liver transplant was compelte liver from a recently dead person.

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    If you were to lose a percentage of your liver how would that affect you if you decided to take aas in the future? I doubt it would be recommended for you to use after right??

frank12391 is offline Member
    You have doubts about doing AAS when your a donor or you would not have posted this question. Take the benefit of that doubt. You have 1 liver between the both of you. How comfortable would your Dad feel? Do you know what drugs the both of you will be on whilst undergoing this major surgery and how they will interact?

C'mon, you know the answer.

frank12391 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    The liver can function fully with only 10% of its size, so a little bit can be taken off from you if thats the case.
    But i always thought the stadard procedure for liver transplant was compelte liver from a recently dead person.
    Incorrect, can funtion-yes but fully, no way!

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    in harsh words:
    is getting big and using AAS possible worth your fathers life?

Crest is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Massive GG
    getting big by taking steroids are not worth anybody's life bro, especially not yours or your fathers....BUT if you are gonna juice and condemn yourself to the grave 20 years early or lifetime on dialysis, then do it AFTER you do the liver transplant

that is semi true, you can leave the forum now tho

superstar21 is offline New Member
    id say its a definate no especially as you dont know. Surgery could be soon and youd have to be ready at the drop of a hat.. PCT while recovering from surgery wouldnt be a party, you dont want that. But your old man, cirrhosis of the liver.. tough burden for him to put on you seeing as its his choice to drink himself to death, hope it all works out though for you both

Snrf is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Massive GG
    well what do you think bro, eh??? roids should be a no-no anyway, not just cos your considering that
    you know this is a steroid forum right?

go away

pavlenko is offline Banned
    well look at it this way, if you cycle and all of a sudden they need the transplant you will loose ALL the gains anyways due to the rehab that comes with the donation. It will be painful and you will be laying in bed not working out for months. Think of that before you juice. If anything save the juice until your liver grows bigger after the donation which it will grow to the normal size which you will be able to juice with but it will take around 1-2 years until you can do that.

gringorican2002 is offline New Member
    hmmm i didnt know you could do a partial liver transplant....i know you could donate a kindey no problem though

sirius67 is offline New Member
    wait 1-2 years, you are still young at 24 .
    if you really want to help you father, don't do anything .
    stay clean

Thread Information