swelled up left leg

I gave my first injection in my left leg thusday and it is swelled up that I cant bend it. i did all the proper injetion methods,and was very sterail. This is the 6th injection in my cycle and when i injected into the right leg i had the same efect but it only lasted for 2 days. I am injecting 300mg's deca and 375mg's of test. My leg is warm and painfull if i move it to fast or put presure on it. My stats 6'1'' 223lbs BF%12 almost 4 years lifting hard. this is my 3rd cycle.
    what should i do?

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    with your back round that is experience of three cycles under your belt i think you know what is a normal reaction, if you are concerned well then so am i. take your but to the E.R.

BOOST is offline Member
    Bro how much are you shoting at one shot?

I would put some ice on it, if you get a fever you are going to have to se a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by BOOST
    Bro how much are you shoting at one shot?

I would put some ice on it, if you get a fever you are going to have to se a doctor.
    675mg twice a week
    Im trying the ice out right no. I got no fever and just got done doing cardio. I feel good my leg is just very stiff and swelled

Lunacy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse666
    675mg twice a week
    Im trying the ice out right no. I got no fever and just got done doing cardio. I feel good my leg is just very stiff and swelled
    Red? If the red area gets larger, see a doctor.

Knoxston is offline Associate Member
    its prolly the test swelling it up like that i got swelled like that from 250 of test E give it like 8-9 days if its still just as bad as it was or worse go to the doctor or the er

Lunacy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knoxston
    its prolly the test swelling it up like that i got swelled like that from 250 of test E give it like 8-9 days if its still just as bad as it was or worse go to the doctor or the er
    If he has an infection, 8-9 days could cause it to spread and b/c a serious problem. I dont think this is good advice.

Keep an eye on it. If swelling and warmth doesnt go away and the redness speads(most important) then do see a doctor, period.

frank12391 is offline Member
    I would see a Doctor. You could get celullitis or even worse, septicemia if it's an infection. I would't hang around to find out. You need antibiotics.

Lunacy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frank12391
    I would see a Doctor. You could get celullitis or even worse, septicemia if it's an infection. I would't hang around to find out. You need antibiotics.
    Not a bad idea. Hard for him to see a doc on Sunday. I think no improvement by monday morning, go to the doctors.

Mrbaseball is offline Junior Member
    Are you swelling up at the injections site itself?

davidboy is offline Associate Member
    bro I had same problem, every time I injected in my outer thigh and next day my knee was swollen like watermelon about a week, I coun't bend my knee at all, seems that you not injecting into a muscle and gears travels down into a knee, if the knee swollen and little bit red and hot then that's what I had, infection usually starts with red color then turns purple and bluish color, my advice is to shoot outer thigh where your hand wrist is resting on outer thigh...

my leg is worse now, it is completly swelled up and is unbendable. Its starting to get red around the nee cap. Im going to hold out one more day and if things dont inprove Im going to see the doc monday. very upseting when you put all this time,effort,money and do things the best you no how and things still go wrong. I will keep you guys posted. keep the info coming. thank you

BOOST is offline Member
    my leg is worse now, it is completly swelled up and is unbendable. Its starting to get red around the nee cap. Im going to hold out one more day and if things dont inprove Im going to see the doc monday. very upseting when you put all this time,effort,money and do things the best you no how and things still go wrong. I will keep you guys posted. keep the info coming. thank you
    I would hit a warm bath, rub the area then put some icy hot on it and then some Tylenol and keep trying to bend it to work it out. If it is not better or gets worse by the am, see a doctor. I would also back down dosage Make sure your gear is not bunk

jagdpanther is offline Member
    Bro,
    Red, warm/hot to the touch, and continued swelling means an infection.
    The longer you wait the longer it will take antibiotics to work and the greater the risk to your health. If the abscess gets to big they may have to use a syringe to drain it or operate. That means down time from training and serious risks to you health. You can't use a fever as your gauge. I've pinned myself over a thousand times and although I'm sure each time I followed a sterile protocol I've had two infections. Get yourself evaluated today and if needed start the antibiotics. Don't F$%^ around with this. The risks are not worth it this is 5 days after your shot. Tell them you use injectable B-12 if need be.

brjrj0000 is offline Member
    sounds like an infection get to the doctor pronto did you see the guy on this page who had to have his leg drained cuz he waited so long??? it was bad

Lunacy is offline Member
    Time for and ER visit. This doesnt sound good. I would go TODAY!

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    read what i originally wrote you and listen to your gut. As i said before you have the experience to have a gut feeling as to what is normal and what is not. Get to the ER now!

well my leg is still swelled but it is a little better. it is not painfull and there isnt any redness anymore. monday will be the day i decide what to do. I do hav 28 amox/k clav tablets at 875mg. I just talked to doc and they said this would probley be the way to go. sice i allready got it.

topnotch is offline Member
    I'd start the amox just to be on the safe side since you already have them. Better to be safe than sorry...glad to hear it's a little better though.

Lunacy is offline Member
    Hope all goes well with your leg bro.

jagdpanther is offline Member
    I keep keflex on hand. Glad to hear the leg is better and the redness gone.

Good Luck,

Jagdpanther

thanks alot guys. I started useing the atbiotics today so its just a count down till it gets better. the swelling seems to be traveling down my leg its weird. I am going to learn from this and always have some atibiotics around when i do a cycle for emergenes.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    Bro,if your leg is swollen keep it elevated ...also doing cardio on it can and will make it worse...you said the redness is gone so if your not feverish and no redness it may not be an ifection just a reaction to the shot...But again pay attention to it...well you're on the antibiotics now.

mistake next mesage down
    Last edited by crazyhorse666; 03-12-2007 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmax
    Bro,if your leg is swollen keep it elevated ...also doing cardio on it can and will make it worse...you said the redness is gone so if your not feverish and no redness it may not be an ifection just a reaction to the shot...But again pay attention to it...well you're on the antibiotics now.
    ya the last day i did cardio was on a stationary bike and it took like 10 mins for the nee to push the fluids where they needed to be to get the flexabuility to pedle. I couldnt do that if i tryed now because its alot more swelled up then it was that day. but it is geting alot better. today the swelling is down even more and there is almost no pain. I realy think i will be ready to do squats by thursday.

BOOST is offline Member
    Any update Bro

I been on antiboitics for 4 and a half days now. my leg is a little better. I still cant bend it completly. the swelling has spread evenly across my hole leg. From my ankle to my hip is swelled but not as extreme as before. I still limp when i walk. and have no chance in doing squats or a leg workout. it seems that most of the fluild has gathered right behind the nee cap and thats what make my leg unflexible.

Kristofer68ss is offline Associate Member
    i know this is old is a few weeks old.

Any update on leg? what finally happened?

OH ya after I started taking the antibiotics my leg got better every day. Im all back to normal now.

BOOST is offline Member
    Good news Bro

I have been to the ER once and dealt with a knot and swelling myself once, no fun at all. I think we all need Keflex on hand before starting a cycle. I learned my lesson

yeah, when you say knot and swelling. i know exactly what you mean.

I dont know if i overreacted or what. Alot of guys say that is normal and to wait 5-7 days...... to see if it gets better.

ALL i know is The shot they gave me in the ER and 5 days of keflex did the job.

I still have 21 pills of keflex on hand, just in case it happens again. (praying it doesnt) That damn keflex gave me the shits and messed with my breathing. So i discontinued at the end of day 5.

Today is Day 10 post bad injection. My muscle is still a little sore when i do ATG squats right before the knee....... I am assuming thats from me doing the ATG squats when it was swollen. But swelling and knot has been disappeared 48 hours after the ER visit.

What i dont understand, is I am super-anal about injection procedures.

Anyway, glad your good to go crazyhorse, and you too boost

Crazy, what anti's did you take, how much and for how long? Just out of curiousity?
    Last edited by Kristofer68ss; 05-03-2007 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68ss
    yeah, when you say knot and swelling. i know exactly what you mean.

I dont know if i overreacted or what. Alot of guys say that is normal and to wait 5-7 days...... to see if it gets better.

ALL i know is The shot they gave me in the ER and 5 days of keflex did the job.

I still have 21 pills of keflex on hand, just in case it happens again. (praying it doesnt) That damn keflex gave me the shits and messed with my breathing. So i discontinued at the end of day 5.

Today is Day 10 post bad injection. My muscle is still a little sore when i do ATG squats right before the knee....... I am assuming thats from me doing the ATG squats when it was swollen. But swelling and knot has been disappeared 48 hours after the ER visit.

What i dont understand, is I am super-anal about injection procedures.

Anyway, glad your good to go crazyhorse, and you too boost

Crazy, what anti's did you take, how much and for how long? Just out of curiousity?
    28 amox/k clav tablets at 875mg. and I ate one in the morning and one at night. It worked great and I had no bad effects.

BOOST is offline Member
    28 amox/k clav tablets at 875mg. and I ate one in the morning and one at night. It worked great and I had no bad effects.

Ditto that must be standard. The trip to the ER was Keflex and a bag of shit they pumped into my blood and a shot in the arm. They sent me home, but my calf was sore for weeks at the injection site, but it did get better daily.

Second trip was to my Doctor and he put me on what you posted above, he said that amox/k clav 875mg was stronger than Keflex, he said if it did not clear in 3-4 days it was lance time. Lucky for me it cleared up. This time I think was my bad, I injected, rubbed and massaged it to much with no gloves on, even though my hands were washed this can cause a infections, bacteria so I was told. I then like a moron jumped into the Jacuzzi, my Doctor said NEVER jump in a Jacuzzi right after a inject. Lesson well learned.

Oh and I am anal about injections as well, sometimes it just happens.

i am anal about my injection method too.

I shower, scrub injection site a little extra, get out of shower, towel off, hit the vial with an alcohol pad, then another pad on the injection site, peel package on needled and syringe, while needle/syringe is still in plastic i tighten needle on, pull cap off just a little, pull my air in with cap still on, pull needle syringe out of package, then immediately insert in vial, withdrawal oil, then immediately go to injections site, inject, i try to inject somewhat slowly, pull out quickly, immediately hit area with another alcohol pad, then i put a bandaid on it, then i massage it. Wait another 5-10 mins and massage it again. Then pray.

Im out.

Hey boost how long did you wait for the ER? I waited 72 hours.

I knew something was up with the injection within 8 hours, when it woke me up in the middle of the night and i was crippled on tuesday.

BOOST is offline Member
    Hey boost how long did you wait for the ER? I waited 72 hours.

I knew something was up with the injection within 8 hours, when it woke me up in the middle of the night and i was crippled on tuesday.

4 days and that was enough, by the 4th day I could not walk and it was swollen big time and I was running a fever. Nothing I tried worked, ER time glad I did. I have dealt with knots and slight swelling before, but this one I knew was bad and was over my head. If you look at many posts, it is about injection issues. 2 main reasons, bunk gear and not being as sterile as we should. I am super anal now, gloves and all, even then sometimes things go wrong. It happens, but I agree with many we all should have Keflex or something on hand in the event something goes wrong. Now after a injection if I see something I do not like, I hit the antibiotics right away, screw that.

yeah, i think the most important factor is pay attention to how your body "normally" reacts. Thats how i knew something wasnt right.

BOOST is offline Member
    yeah, i think the most important factor is pay attention to how your body "normally" reacts. Thats how i knew something wasnt right.

Nobody can tell you more than your own body. You know when you are in trouble. My Bro get this, did a shot in his bathroom in the summer, when he was ready to inject the Central AC kicked on, think of all the bacteria coming from the vent that was next to his leg, he got a nasty ass infection and ended up in the ER. No fun

Thread Information