x_moe is offline Anabolic Member

my creatine kinase

out of no where my doc just felt like he should test my CK levels, i didnt mind it, normal range is 200 and under. results came back this morning, and my CK level was 4350, i dont know if that was the highest he's ever seen but its pretty damn high to me, now i really dont exactly know what creatine kinase is and if i should be worried, but he says its too much stress on my muscles and i need to stop what im doing. im on a cycle right now, maybe my level will go down after i finish my cycle and maybe take a break from the gym ? anyway i just wanted to share this.

-Moe

ebjack is offline Senior Member
    had to look this one up too.....they use it primarily in the ER to see if a patient is having a heart attack

I wonder if steroids elevate this value... or if extreme training does this??

Elevation of CK is an indication of damage to muscle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatine_kinase

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    CK is the enzyme responsible for cleaving a phospate molecule off of a creatine phosphate molecule to produce ATP. CK stays in the muscle cell under normal conditions if the muscle cell is damaged or injured CK will leak out of the cell and circulate in the blood. It is a good indicator for people who are having an heart attack because it allows for the detection and recognition of the severity of the heart attack as it happens. Elevated CK levels doesnt mean your having a heart attack or have heart damage it just means that your muscles are being stressed a great deal over normal.

that actually explains why im having uncomfortable heart beats, and i remember a doc. ive seen a year ago telling me that i have a heart problem and he gave me some papers with weird lines drawing of my heart beats and told me to go show it to a more experienced heart doctor and that he couldnt help me from there, but i never showed to anyone, but i think i should

according to swifto's bloodwork guide you have to get your CK level checked, so im wondering how many of you checked it ever, and what were the results like.

*A simple guide to bloodwork, what to get tested and when*

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience
    CK is the enzyme responsible for cleaving a phospate molecule off of a creatine phosphate molecule to produce ATP. CK stays in the muscle cell under normal conditions if the muscle cell is damaged or injured CK will leak out of the cell and circulate in the blood. It is a good indicator for people who are having an heart attack because it allows for the detection and recognition of the severity of the heart attack as it happens. Elevated CK levels doesnt mean your having a heart attack or have heart damage it just means that your muscles are being stressed a great deal over normal.
    Exactly. My ck levels have been higher then that. Its normal for them to be elevated like that in a bber

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by x_moe
    that actually explains why im having uncomfortable heart beats, and i remember a doc. ive seen a year ago telling me that i have a heart problem and he gave me some papers with weird lines drawing of my heart beats and told me to go show it to a more experienced heart doctor and that he couldnt help me from there, but i never showed to anyone, but i think i should
    CK wont have anything to do with your heart beat. If you have an arrythmia or some sort of defect like that CK levels will not affect that. CK is released from necrotic cardiac tissue, which means that its release when cardiac cells die. If you have dead cardiac cells you will know for sure. Its called myocardial infarction, if you are experiancing angina, either stable or unstable this doesnt cause elevated CK levels. Only when the cardiac tissue dies or is severly damaged does it typically release CK. Exercise Physiologist can use CK levels as a gauge to see how well a person is recovering from exercise and if they need to back off training or if we can increase training intensity.

Thread Information