Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member

How many of you take a week off half way through your cycle??

OK first off, no offence, but I dont want ANY newbie advice, If youve ran only test for a cycle or two I dont want any advice from you, OK, now that thats out of the way, lol. Im planning on running a 16 week cycle Enth, EQ, Tren , MAYBE winny at the end Im not to sure yet, I havent sat down and planned it yet but in the next few months i will be start my biggest cycle yet, this will be my fourth. Im just wondering how many guys, if running a cycle that long, take a week off right in the middle to 100% recouperate/heal, I want to hear what some of your more experienced users think of this idea, or do you think its totally unnessesary??? I was thinking about running some HCG during this week off as well, just a thought, tell me what you think, cheers.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    While you on cycle I wouldnt take a week off training but if recovering the muscle becomes a problem i would incorporate more rest days. I would take some time off after cycle or just have more rest days inbetween sessions.

Doing a 16 wk cycle doesnt more gains than any other cycle, normally running longer cycles creates more sides.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    You dont want advice from people who have only done 2 cycles, yet you have only done 3?
    You can ask for advice from whoever you want sure...but I can bet you there are people who have done less cycles than you with more knowledge. You should keep that in mind, because you really came across as an asshole there.

And to answer your question I would never take a week off in the middle of a cycle. Dont see the point at all.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    ^^^^have to agree with that...

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    You dont want advice from people who have only done 2 cycles, yet you have only done 3?
    You can ask for advice from whoever you want sure...but I can bet you there are people who have done less cycles than you with more knowledge. You should keep that in mind, because you really came across as an asshole there.

And to answer your question I would never take a week off in the middle of a cycle. Dont see the point at all.
    LoL, maybe I did, but I see alot of threads where new guys are giving the same advice as the person above them to get more posts or seem like they know what theyre talking about, you know what I mean, I just want some advice from guys who have done a few more complex cycle. This way I will be satisfied with the advice I am givin not left wondering. I want some advice I can trust. Im not saying I know a TON about steroidsand cycles either but I do know a fair bit.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    While you on cycle I wouldnt take a week off training but if recovering the muscle becomes a problem i would incorporate more rest days. I would take some time off after cycle or just have more rest days inbetween sessions.

Doing a 16 wk cycle doesnt more gains than any other cycle, normally running longer cycles creates more sides.
    What my plan was was to train 8 weeks Powerlifting ( german block training) and then take a week off, and then follow the basic bodybuilding pendulum program, the reason I was going to take a week off was just to give my body/joints a little bit of a break from all the stress put on it from the powerlifting phase. My last 3 cycles were 12 weeks each, you dont think I could solidify my gains a bit more by adding 4 more weeks eh? I should just stick to 12 weeks?

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    AWFUL IDEA.
    take an extra day of if u have to.
    not a whole week.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I take every 8th week off no matter what. And every single time, never fails, i come back stronger than before.

briancb1 is offline Member
    You can keep plenty of muscle from a short 6 week cycle too ya know, you dont have to be on for a nearly a 1/3 of a year to keep on muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    I take every 8th week off no matter what. And every single time, never fails, i come back stronger than before.
    I have friends, and gym buddys that swear by it, every 8th week no matter what and they just keep gaining strength and weight, I honestly think its not a bad idea, but I just wanted to get a few more opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by briancb1
    You can keep plenty of muscle from a short 6 week cycle too ya know, you dont have to be on for a nearly a 1/3 of a year to keep on muscle.
    I like the long cycles, my best gains come during weeks 8-12, and plus, Im going to be running Enth, that shit is just kickin in around week 6 for me, a short little 6 weeker might be good if you were running some fast acting gear like suspension or something though.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Every 8th week may be good if natural but one of the major benefits of AS is that it allows much faster recovery therefore it should relegate the need for time off training while on cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    Every 8th week may be good if natural but one of the major benefits of AS is that it allows much faster recovery therefore it should relegate the need for time off training while on cycle.
    Well, see I want to spend the first half of my cycle doing a powerlifting routine, I want to try and gain as much strength as possible and then the last half of my cycle I want to spend doing a bodybuilding routine gaining as much size possible, something new, Ive never tried before, and Id like to see if it would work, do you think I should just jump right from one to the other then, I think it might be a good idea to recover from phase one before jumping into phase two even with the extra recovery courtesy of the sauce, do you think im out to lunch here or what?

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    I have been lifting religiously for 12 years. I have probably done 20 cycles, of all sizes and complexity. I have learned much in the mean time. One rule I kinda came up with for questions like this I come up with for myself is, "Everything works, Nothing works forever, some things work better, some things work longer". If you have never done it, I would say do it. Dunno if this helps.

Thread Information