Zvonimir is offline New Member

19 y/o with many questions...

I’m a 19 year old male, 6’0, 185. Approx. 18% bf.

Currently in the process of cutting, shooting for sub 9% in the next 12 weeks. Performing cardio 6 days a week with a proper diet (yes, it is proper).

I’ve been doing a lot of research on AAS and I can see that it probably isn’t a good idea for me as I don’t know if my growth plates have closed and I don’t want any HPTA problems down the road.

But to the questions…

- What is the difference between a 25 y/o’s HPTA system and an 18 y/o’s?

- If I had an x-ray done to confirm my growth plates have sealed, what would I be risking if I did a cycle of test enanthate with the proper PCT.

- How much LBM mass could be gained in 12 weeks, with a proper diet and training, all natural? Someone with very little lifting experience. Also, how about with the test?

In the end I suppose after this cut, I’ll be around 165 or so, and I’d like to be sitting around 210 with a low bf….. is AAS right for me...?

testisbest is offline Senior Member
    6' at 165 is skinny as hell. You should try to get closer to 200 at 10 or 11% before you start gear. I'll make it alot easier to get to your goal and maintain that weight after PCT. IMHO

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Please post your diet including macros. Well think about aas a few years down the road.

Heres my current cutting diet... Although no one has actually answered the questions I asked....

Calories Fat Carb Protein
    Meal 1 : 8AM
    1 cup egg whites 122 0 3 26
    1 scoop whey 104 0 6 20
    1/2 cup oats 147 1 32 5

M1 Totals: 373 1 41 51

Meal 2 : 10AM
    6 oz sirloin 231 9 0 36
    ¾ cup sweet potato 133 0 31 2
    1 cup green beans 34 0 8 2

M2 Totals: 398 9 39 40

Meal 3: 1PM
    2 smart dogs 90 0 4 32
    1 cup suarkraut 34 0 8 2

M3 Totals: 124 0 12 34

Lift M/W/F: 2PM, PWO shake at approx 3PM 2 scoop whey, 1/2 cup oats

Meal 4: 4PM
    5 oz Ground turkey 158 1 0 37
    ½ can chili beans 165 1 30 9
    ¼ can tomato sauce 15 0 4 0

M4 Totals: 338 2 34 46

Meal 5 : 7PM
    7 oz Turkey burger 210 2 0 49

M5 Totals: 244 2 8 51

Meal 6: 10PM
    8 oz Salmon 327 13 0 48

M6 Totals: 361 13 8 50

Daily Totals: 1838 27 142 272

Quote Originally Posted by testisbest
    6' at 165 is skinny as hell. You should try to get closer to 200 at 10 or 11% before you start gear. I'll make it alot easier to get to your goal and maintain that weight after PCT. IMHO

Yea thanks for pointing that out... :-/

If I was 200 at 10% bf, I wouldn't need any gear.. because thats my end goal anyways..?

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zvonimir
    Heres my current cutting diet... Although no one has actually answered the questions I asked....

Calories Fat Carb Protein
    Meal 1 : 8AM
    1 cup egg whites 122 0 3 26
    1 scoop whey 104 0 6 20
    1/2 cup oats 147 1 32 5

M1 Totals: 373 1 41 51

Meal 2 : 10AM
    6 oz sirloin 231 9 0 36
    ¾ cup sweet potato 133 0 31 2

M2 Totals: 398 9 39 40

Meal 3: 1PM
    2 smart dogs 90 0 4 32
    1 cup suarkraut 34 0 8 2

M3 Totals: 124 0 12 34

Lift M/W/F: 2PM, PWO shake at approx 3PM 2 scoop whey, 1/2 cup oats

Meal 4: 4PM
    5 oz Ground turkey 158 1 0 37
    ½ can chili beans 165 1 30 9
    ¼ can tomato sauce 15 0 4 0

M4 Totals: 338 2 34 46

Meal 5 : 7PM
    7 oz Turkey burger 210 2 0 49

M5 Totals: 244 2 8 51

Meal 6: 10PM
    8 oz Salmon 327 13 0 48

M6 Totals: 361 13 8 50

Daily Totals: 1838 27 142 272
    There is your problem. I cut on 700+ more cals than you. Eat more

Yea thanks for pointing that out... :-/

If I was 200 at 10% bf, I wouldn't need any gear.. because thats my end goal anyways..?
    then you answered all of your questions yourself. You could easily reach 200 in 1 year if you try.

MartyMcFly, I have approx 145lbs LBM. 1800 is the target calorie intake for a cuttting diet for me. Unless you have some other ideas, please explain?

testisbest, So you are saying I could gain 45lbs LBM in one year all natural?

reaktorblue is offline Junior Member
    I agree with testisbest. I'm not expert on AAS but what I can say is at 19 years old, your body is at its peak for gaining or losing weight due to how flexible your metabolism is. Especially lean mass since typically at that age its easier to be active in sports, etc.

I'd probably suggest eating right and staying as natty as possible until at least about 23 but thats my inexperienced opinion.

MartyMcFly, I have approx 145lbs LBM. 1800 is the target calorie intake for a cuttting diet for me. Unless you have some other ideas, please explain?

testisbest, So you are saying I could gain 45lbs LBM in one year all natural?
    So what you're telling me is that your mom and dad gave you such shitty genetics that you can't get any bigger than 165 natty? You should be more confident in yourself. Girls might max out at 165 not men. Which are you?

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    Iwouldn't worry about cutting that much when you cut to 9% you will lose a lot of muscle. I would up the cals and start putting on muscle. If you have 145lbs of lbm you are far, far off from ever using gear.

GHO5T is offline Senior Member
    So what you're telling me is that your mom and dad gave you such shitty genetics that you can't get any bigger than 165 natty? You should be more confident in yourself. Girls might max out at 165 not men. Which are you?
    Hey bro no need for this stuff in the open forums. Bros are here to learn and were here to educate, not make useless comments like this.

If you dont have anything to say to help with the original question, than please refrain from saying anything at all

And what was the point of this comment anyways?

then you answered all of your questions yourself. You could easily reach 200 in 1 year if you try.
    Please enlighten us on how one can easily gain 45lbs in 1 year, naturally?

Quote Originally Posted by GHO5T
    Hey bro no need for this stuff in the open forums. Bros are here to learn and were here to educate, not make useless comments like this.

If you dont have anything to say to help with the original question, than please refrain from saying anything at all

And what was the point of this comment anyways?
    I apologize for being rude but I don't believe that his goal of 165 pounds natural is a good base to begin steroids at 6'. I was trying to help him understand that 200 pounds for a 19 year old is an easily attainable goal.

Quote Originally Posted by GHO5T
    Please enlighten us on how one can easily gain 45lbs in 1 year, naturally?
    He's 6' and 185 right now at 18% according to him. Eat a clean 3,800 cals with a little cardio once or twice a week and he'll be 200 EASILY. I'm not giving cycle advice to a 19 year old.

jagdpanther is offline Member
    Listen to this:
    Quote from testisbest:
    He's 6' and 185 right now at 18% according to him. Eat a clean 3,800 cals

Zvonimir I'm six foot tall (many years older) and have been at various weights through out my life. From knowing my own body I can say that at 185 and 18%bf, it sounds like your skin, fat and bones. Up your calories, if you sink to low in calories while doing training your body will go into a starvation mode and you will burn muscle and store fat.

I know you want to cut but worry about putting some muscle on damit. If you try and cut with your current stats you'll loose even more muscle.
    I'd recomend you limit your cardio to 20 minutes a day max - do slow aerobic stuff - raising your bp to 65% of its maximum heart rate. Although you would burn more calories at a faster rate, a greater percentage of energy would be drawn from metabolic pathways other then fat bruning. Make a second work out time striclty for weight training. You need to do this for a while before thinking about AAS (at this point I'm not factoring in your age, becasue as other people have said you are at an optimal age hormonally to do this without assitence from steroids .). An additional reason you should avoid AAS in your condition is your connective tissue is probably very weak(based on your stats you have very little muscle , which means very little strength, which means your connective tissue has not need to adapt to loads). AAS will develop muscle quickly but not connective tissue. This can often lead to injuries that will at best create unwanted down time and at worse give you chronic ailments that may require surgery.

Gradually increase your calories so that your body knows it is not starving. if you do it over night, it is still in fat storage mode and that would not help you. What you are eating looks okay except for maybe the sodium in meal 3 - smart dogs and sour kraut, i stopped the smart dogs because of the sodium.
    maybe they have changed this since then.

You do need to up the calorie in take though bro and do alot more research on diet and training.
    Last edited by jagdpanther; 03-28-2007 at 03:27 PM.

He's 6' and 185 right now at 18% according to him. Eat a clean 3,800 cals with a little cardio once or twice a week and he'll be 200 EASILY. I'm not giving cycle advice to a 19 year old.

Which 19 year old was looking for cycle advice in this thread?

I understand that steroids are not a replacement for diet and training. I thought I made this clear in my first post, but I had some questions (reference the first post for these) and no one has yet to even shed some light on what I was actually asking...

testisbest, thanks for doing everything you possibly could to piss me off and not be helpful whatsoever.

GHO5T, jagdpanther. Thanks for the help.

Dbl posts... :-/

no prob.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    But to the questions…

- What is the difference between a 25 y/o’s HPTA system and an 18 y/o’s? None but it would be a shame to end up on HRT at 19

- If I had an x-ray done to confirm my growth plates have sealed, what would I be risking if I did a Testosterone -Enanthate enanthate with the proper diet and training, all natural? Someone with very little lifting experience. Also, how about with the test? You would be risking the various health risks associated with AS use. If you have very little lifting experience you will also be at greater injury risk due to increase in strength without tendons and connective tissues being able to suuport it.

In the end I suppose after this cut, I’ll be around 165 or so, and I’d like to be sitting around 210 with a low bf….. is AAS right for me...? No build a solid base first

Im really glad you posted a reasonable looking diet. IMO it is way too low in cals though (you will be wasting muscle) and where are the EFAs?

There is no way that one can gain 45lbs in one year naturally, impossible.

Unless you eat burgers and fries everyday than maybe. But 45lbs of quality muscle, no way bro.

Yes if he sticks to a strict diet and training regime, it can be done over time, but not in one year.

^ pm me if you'd like to continue this conversation. I'm only suggesting him up his cals. for at least a year because he is 19. He should be able to reach 215 by the time he's 22 or 23. I know he won't gain 45 pounds of lean body mass in a year, but he has years before he's ready to juice. If you think it's ok for him to cut down to 165 in the next 12 weeks and start a cycle, that's on you.
    Last edited by testisbest; 03-28-2007 at 07:40 PM.

Thats excatly it bro, it will take him time to add 45lbm, it cant be done easily in one year as you stated earlier. Thats what i was trying to get across.

And yes i agree that he has years ahead of him before venturing into AAS use.
    Last edited by GHO5T; 03-28-2007 at 07:43 PM.

Thread Information