Thread: thigh injection

nbkandrew13 is offline Member

thigh injection

guys i gave myself a shot in the thigh thurs am no problems not even sore i have never had one there, fri little sore no biggie went played tennis woke up this am sore really sore and its like the top left of my knee is swollen about 2 inches below ibjection site. not hot not red just like some fluid swelling any ideas

beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    if it hurts that bad and your worried about it go to the doctors and have it looked at. Just tell them it was a b12 shot.

TheSentinal is offline Member
    Sounds infected. Go see a doc.

no its not infected, i have had them infected not hot not red just seems fluidiy

id only go to to the dr if i was dying, since i broke my neck and spent 3 months in traction, fuk that

cycleme is offline Junior Member
    I gave myself a quad shot yesterday, wasnt sore that day at all...woke up this morning and could hardly flex my knee...I think it might have something to do with it being still for so long when I slerpt there was no circulation of the fluid...I find mine gets better when I apply heat, hot tub, hot shower even if you have a hot pack put it on there for 20mins or so? Just my 2 cents, hope it gets better.

yeah ill try that thanks i was trying cold that just made it numb

jagdpanther is offline Member
    Hey nbkandrew23,

I know what my physical therapist does for most of my injuries is first heat them up, then work the area - ultrsound, stretch, workout, then ice it.

To me this would tranlate: to heat the area with a pad, kneed and massage, then ice. I think was cycleme was right about giving it time top heat up to help the circulation. The massage should help circulation as well, then the ice tries to reduce any new inflamation caused by the work.

So its a combo of both your methods.

thanks bro ive got a mini massager ( my wife and i use it for other stuff) lol but that should wk great

BOOST is offline Member
    Keep a eye on it Bro, if it gets worse get some antibiotics. See my other thread, I just had to go to the ER. Warm bath, massage it, Icy Hot, heating pad. Good Luck

jackman22 is offline Associate Member
    i have done 1 thigh injection and lets bet it will be my last. was fine for 2 days and on third day i was limping like i had a broken leg. Had to tell everyone that i dislocated my knee again

Thread Information