SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate

Exclamation Cholesterol Meds and AAS (Doc Sust??)

My Doc says I am predisposed to high cholesterol, we have been watching it for years now and no matter what my diet or supplements I take, it keeps going up.

I am 42 and she really wants me to consider cholesterol meds, which once I start, i can never stop.

My question is how will that effect my Lab Rat experiments with AAS???

Doc Sust, any insight here??????

Now I just came off a cycle of Test/TREN A

and my LDL came back today at 244 she said it should be under 100

frank2738 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    i am 36 and have been on lipitor for years due to my fantastic genes. doc says to keep taking the lipitor. i just get bloodwork done every 4 months to moniter my levels. i do bloodwork more often when on a cycle. before, half way through, and after pct.

vadim_b1 is offline New Member
    Do not use that crap. It makes you much more susceptible to developing rabdiomyelosis (sp?) which is a condition of rapid muscle tissue breakdown following intense exercise, and as a result - possible renal failure and death or disability. no hard training athlete should EVER use cholesterol lowering meds.
    There are natural methods of lowering cholesterol, which are effective,(Niacin, fish oil, folic acid to control homocysteine levels) not to mention that you should probably work on staying lean and in shape, and really checking your diet.
    Stay away from all non aromatizing orals (stanazolol, oxandrolone) as well, and if possible non aromatizable injectables, as most of them wreak havoc on your lipid profile.

TheSentinal is offline Member
    rabdiomyelosis???? WTF is that?

Quote Originally Posted by vadim_b1
    Do not use that crap. It makes you much more susceptible to developing rabdiomyelosis (sp?) which is a condition of rapid muscle tissue breakdown following intense exercise, and as a result - possible renal failure and death or disability. no hard training athlete should EVER use cholesterol lowering meds.
    There are natural methods of lowering cholesterol, which are effective,(Niacin, fish oil, folic acid to control homocysteine levels) not to mention that you should probably work on staying lean and in shape, and really checking your diet.
    Stay away from all non aromatizing orals (stanazolol, oxandrolone) as well, and if possible non aromatizable injectables, as most of them wreak havoc on your lipid profile.

Been taking 4000 of fish oils ED for the past 4 months and my numbers are still high, but that could be cause of the Tren I just came off of

Thanks for the info vadim

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    4000mg in fish oil isn that much. i take AT LEAST 6000, and Dr.Dipasquele(author,"the anabolic diet"i high fat BB diet) says AT LEAST 10,000 a day.
    bump up the oils.
    throw in some niacin. read up on "the flush"

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    4000mg in fish oil isn that much. i take AT LEAST 6000, and Dr.Dipasquele(author,"the anabolic diet"i high fat BB diet) says AT LEAST 10,000 a day.
    bump up the oils.
    throw in some niacin. read up on "the flush"

cool thanks, where do I read up on the flush

Adam F is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSentinal
    rabdiomyelosis???? WTF is that?

Rhabdomyolysis is the breakdown of muscle fibers resulting in the release of muscle fiber contents into the circulation. Some of these are toxic to the kidney and frequently result in kidney damage.

Here is a list of natural herb supplements that will help you out! Also read up on Cholestasys I have heard amazing things about this product from my professor in RN School.

Guggul is effective because it lowers serum cholesterol and triglycerides. When broken down, scientifically, Guggul contains powerful isolates. These isolates are known as Guggulsterones and are very successful in lowering lipid levels. These key Guggulsterone isolates in Cholestasys™ also decrease the "stickiness" of platelets to further help lower your risk of coronary artery disease and strokes.

Policosanol is isolated and refined from sugarcane. The active ingredient is octacosanol. Clinical studies have demonstrated policosanol has anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and neural-protective properties. Policosanol has been shown in studies to normalize cholesterol as well or better than statin drugs without the negative side effects.

Cholestasys™ also contains a potent Plant Sterol Complex! Plant sterols have been shown to lower the bad cholesterol levels by reducing the absorption of dietary and biliary cholesterol from the gut without side effects.

Cayenne has been revered for thousands of years for it's healing powers. We also recognized cayenne's role as a catalyst, which amplifies the benefits of other herbs when synergistically combined. Cayenne has nutritional attributes as well, being rich in vitamins A and C along with the complete B complex. It is also a very good source of organic calcium and potassium, which again benefits the blood and the heart!

Garlic is known to reduce cholesterol as well as defend against bacterial and fungal infections. Garlic contains 40 organic compounds and includes over 100 bioavailable chemicals! In 1994 Adesh K. Jain, M.D. of the Clinical Research Center at the Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, reported how garlic can lower blood levels of "total cholesterol" and specifically LDL cholesterol (the bad one)!

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    Been taking 4000 of fish oils ED
    Anabolicboy is absolutely right...even 6g a day is weak honestly...i would get Udos oil if i were you, did wonders for my cholesterol and mine was already in the normal range...

CD

Thanks for all the info guys....do you think the tren A cycle could have made it jump so much higher than normal???

I will start uping the oils

The Flush

When you get that "flush" that means that the small blood vessels in your body are being expanded in size because of the niacin. Many of your small blood vessels, called "capillaries" are so small that blood cells can go through them only in single file.
    Sometimes, in fact, that small passageway is clogged and blood doesn't get through at all.
    While the large organs of the body all have blood supplied from large arteries, a great deal of your body, particularly the parts near the surface (skin and surface areas) get their ONLY supply of blood (therefore also of oxygen and food!) from these small capillaries. So, if those capillaries are not carrying the blood, then those parts of the body are not getting nourishment and oxygen.
    The niacin causes these small capillaries to get larger -- so they might be able to carry two or three blood cells at the same time. This is a tremendous increase in blood flow.
    You experience this as a reddening of the skin -- simply because there is more blood close to the surface of the body. As this blood flows in these areas the cells of the small capillaries will also be getting rid of their waste products, and often they produce "histamine" as part of that process. That histamine is another natural substance produced by every cell in the body -- when the cell is under attack, or is getting rid of toxins.
    Histamine causes an "itchy" feeling.
    "Niacin can be very effective and safe in lowering low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and triglyceride levels and also in increasing high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. In combination with other lipid-lowering drugs (eg, bile acid sequestrants), it has reduced the incidence of cardiovascular events and stopped the progression of coronary artery lesions. It may be the most cost-effective lipid-lowering agent currently available.

You get the flush action from niacin, but NOT from niacinamide. Niacinamide was deliberately created to eliminate those factors in this B3 vitamin which cause the flush. While there are certain benefits from niacinamide, the real winner here is B3, the niacin.

Hope this helps Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam F
    The Flush

When you get that "flush" that means that the small blood vessels in your body are being expanded in size because of the niacin. Many of your small blood vessels, called "capillaries" are so small that blood cells can go through them only in single file.
    Sometimes, in fact, that small passageway is clogged and blood doesn't get through at all.
    While the large organs of the body all have blood supplied from large arteries, a great deal of your body, particularly the parts near the surface (skin and surface areas) get their ONLY supply of blood (therefore also of oxygen and food!) from these small capillaries. So, if those capillaries are not carrying the blood, then those parts of the body are not getting nourishment and oxygen.
    The niacin causes these small capillaries to get larger -- so they might be able to carry two or three blood cells at the same time. This is a tremendous increase in blood flow.
    You experience this as a reddening of the skin -- simply because there is more blood close to the surface of the body. As this blood flows in these areas the cells of the small capillaries will also be getting rid of their waste products, and often they produce "histamine" as part of that process. That histamine is another natural substance produced by every cell in the body -- when the cell is under attack, or is getting rid of toxins.
    Histamine causes an "itchy" feeling.
    "Niacin can be very effective and safe in lowering low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and triglyceride levels and also in increasing high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. In combination with other lipid-lowering drugs (eg, bile acid sequestrants), it has reduced the incidence of cardiovascular events and stopped the progression of coronary artery lesions. It may be the most cost-effective lipid-lowering agent currently available.

You get the flush action from niacin, but NOT from niacinamide. Niacinamide was deliberately created to eliminate those factors in this B3 vitamin which cause the flush. While there are certain benefits from niacinamide, the real winner here is B3, the niacin.

Hope this helps Bro!

Thanks for posting this, it does help !!!

Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B
    Thanks for all the info guys....do you think the tren A cycle could have made it jump so much higher than normal???

I will start uping the oils
    It was undoubtedly due to the tren.

plzr8 is offline Senior Member
    garlic / niacin / fish oils

http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.as...CID=&CPID=8347

good little sup that i use when running such lipid killers as anavar

ClintZ28 is offline New Member
    900mg/day Red Yeast Rice
    900mg/day Plant Sterols
    1,500mg/day Flush Free Niacin

Brought down my LDL from 293 to 162. I kid you not.

Quote Originally Posted by ClintZ28
    900mg/day Red Yeast Rice
    900mg/day Plant Sterols
    1,500mg/day Flush Free Niacin

Brought down my LDL from 293 to 162. I kid you not.

are those just supps?

they indeed are.

Here is a great link For "Red Yeast Rice" The FDA is battiling if this item is considered a dieatary supplement or a unapproved drug. I am not for sure if they have made up their minds/

http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/n...red_0329.shtml

I just wrote a paper about Plant sterols for my College class. Here is a great link with awsome information. I really hope that you give some of these supplements above ^^ a whirl. I had a friend die from Crestor. Seems like their are many "Satin Drugs" that are doing more harm then good.

Doctors should recommended more natural "Herbal remeidies," but since they get kick backs from Pharma companies they prescribe them like it's going out of style.

Forgot to add the link for Plant Sterois.

Good things about this product is it's FDA approved

http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2000/000418.htm

Thanks a LOT Adam

reppedout1 is offline Member
    niacin sounds promising!!would ou use reg niacin or the flush free?let us know sman how the niacin works out for ya

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Policosanol

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try it at least for two months

I used to sell it ALL THE TIME because people got so tired of stains, they work really well, try 30 mgs a day for two months, I almost garuntee you wont have to resort to any type of prescription..............

Serotonin is offline Member
    From a nutrition standpoint I'd say doing what others suggest is really good. The fish oils and niacin are probably the two best supplements you can take on top of having a high fiber diet.

Try some really high fiber for a bit to help suck out some of that cholesterol from bile and I hope your LDL goes down. Keep us updated SMAN!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    well, i'm 46.. same issues.. lipator got it to 285 after being on for 6 months, took all the stuff that is suppose to lower it.. nothing..

Vytorin... is the only thing that did the trick.. after being at 375 after a var/test cycle, it was time..

my mom got her's down to 174... so does it work.. yes very well..

good luck..

i don't have the final #'s on mine, i have only been taking it for 2 months..

but again, i have no other issues... did the whole stress test/heart thing..

good luck..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Thread Information