Thread: Syringe Help!!!

reddragon4954 is offline Member

Syringe Help!!!

I got some stuff and I need to administer it using an insulin syringe. My problem is that the needle does not come off of these so after I pull out of the vial what I need I can't change the pin, is it still safe to use the same pin to draw as I do to inject?
    Also could I just take a normal syringe fill it then open the back part for the insulin syringe and then inject or would that make it alot more likely for infection?
    My main concern is getting an infection.

MrMe is offline Member
    Yes you can use the same pin to draw to inject, why else would the syringe be made this way? I beleive since the slin pin is so slim, even going through the rubber of the vial its still sharp enough to go into the skin easily.

so using the same slin syringe to draw as to inject and I will still be safe from infection, right?

jagdpanther is offline Member
    If you swab the top of the vial with alcohol , and your injection site you should be good to go. Just don't sneeze on the needle or drop it in your laundry before injecting.
    Theyare made to be used that way - it should be fine. Knock on wood, I have yet to have an issue with a subQ injection.

thanks for the guys,

*help

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    I always draw and shoot with the same pin...no problems.

The only reason some will swap pins after the draw is because the pin will dull just a tad after jabbing it through the stopper...I've tried both methods and didn't notice much of a difference other than maybe a slight bit more of a pinch at first poke when not swapping pins...no biggie really. As stated above, just be sure to swab the top of vial and injection site with alcohol and risk of infection should be all but eliminated.

Good luck,

Thread Information