Jamisun is offline Associate Member

syringe and needle question

If I get the detachable syringe and needles, can I use the same syringe, but new needles. I want to draw with an 18G, and push with a 23G. On [Source Deleted] I can get one 10cc syringe and 50 18G and 50 23G. Is that the norm?
    Last edited by TNT; 08-12-2002 at 09:14 PM.

If I buy the syringes with the needle attached can I twist the needle off and replace it with a smaller gauge for injecting?

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by Jamisun
    If I buy the syringes with the needle attached can I twist the needle off and replace it with a smaller gauge for injecting?
    Yes, you can.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: syringe and needle question

Originally posted by Jamisun
    I can get one 10cc syringe and 50 18G and 50 23G. Is that the norm?
    No. You should get 50 of each component - needles and syringes.

As has been said here many times, you will spend hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on gear. If you are unwilling to spend a few cents on a fresh syringe and needle (or two, if you do a switch) for every injection, you shouldn't be doing gear at all.

In other words, you're gonna be shooting shit into your body. You want it to be as sterile as possible, and if you use the same needle or syringe for more than one shot you lose sterility. Don't take the risk - and there is a risk.

i did not know if I could buy 50 22G 1.5" syringe and needle, plus 50 more 18G needles to pull with. I was not sure if the needle came apart from the syringe. Thank you for the info. Almost ready for the infamous first inject. Ihear its all mental the first time. The ironic thing is I grew up HATING needles, now I am going to inject myself in the ass.

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    the first few times I injected, I noticed my hand was really shaky. Now it's always calm and still. Definetly mental the first few times, after that, you'll be a pro and wanting to spot inject ed.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    im thinking you will feel like i did after my first injection. i felt soo like a wussy.

I was nervous, hand shook so bad i caused extra soreness from moving the damn pin around, sweated and turned out i didnt even feel it enter my quad.

These days i look forward to my injections believe it or not. Its really worse in your mind than in reality.

my favorite saying

FEAR= False Evidence Appearing Real

Thread Information