Thread: abcess ? Help !

TIM
    TIM is offline Associate Member

abcess ? Help !

2 weeks after an injection of winny in my tri my tri started to swell and its been getting worse since. it has been swollen for 2 weeks. it started swelling when i was on holiday (Greece) half way through. i can only move my arm throw half its motion becuase it hurts so bad. the swelling is not ball shaped and does not seem to be in the same place as i injected. It does not seem red but it is very hot and very hard. could this be anything to do with the injection 3/4 weeks ago ?

RobNAUTICA is offline Associate Member
    goto the damn doctor, its prolly an infection getting worse by the day.

TIM
    i did he gave me some anti b and i am waiting for a scan but the scan could take a week which is a long time ! i might just got to the hospital i might get faster results ?

it you can't move your arm i would say that its a good call to goto the hospital, or call your doc and tell him your havin bad pain and mobility problems

TIM
    i have just got a appointment tomorrow morning at the docs but i might just go to the hosp anyway . cheers

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    Good luck man!

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The first thing you should do is dump your doctor. What kind of doctor who thinks you might have an infection so bad part of your arm is swelling and you can't move it is going to make you wait a week. What an ass people die from bad infections in that time. If this has been going on for four weeks go to the hospital.

TIM
    went to the hospital last night and he tried to drain it with a VERY fat needle ! but he could not get any puss out because i am on anti b which makes the puss thicker. i am going back today for an ultra sound scan and depending on how it looks he said he will have to put me to sleep and cut my arm open eeekkk ! he said he will have to cut throught the muscle which means i will be off training for quite a while ! i will end up losing all my size ! and be back to where i started 4 years ago . i am gutted ! lesson dont site inject in ur tri ?

sorry bro, muscle memory is a plus.
    also (i would usually not suggest this since i want to go into the medical field and feel that many doctors are sued ouf of pure greed) i would ask your surgeon if he feels you were given the correct care for the ailment at the time that you were checked.
    good luck bro, keep us posted
    Del

juiceon2 is offline New Member
    Hey bros, I previously used the handle juiceon on this board, but I had to reconfigure my harddrive and I could not remember my password.

To the subject at hand, I had an abcess on my bicept and had to have it drained. I was hoping it would go away, but didn't . . . couldn't move my arm and I was always VERY tired - slept all day. Finally I went to the ER and they were very concerned. It was huge. Before going there, I had stuck a needle in it and drained 5cc of puss out. When they cut it open, they drained out another 10cc. Then they found that it had spread to another location (at the inside of my elbow), and I had to go under because of all the nerves and arteries there. The worst part was yet to come. I had to stuff a 1 inch deep hole with dressing every day, so the wound would not heal from the outside in, which would leave a pocket in the flesh where another abcess would form.

There was an alternative to stuffing dressing if your insurance will aprove it. It's called a VAC. A VAC is a suction unit and a sponge like material is stuffed in the hole. The VAC sucks the bad stuff out and pulls fresh blood to the surface of the wound. It cuts the healing time by at least a third. I stared with the VAC for a week, and then stuffed it by myself for 3 more weeks. I was hospitalized for 6 days and lost 16 pounds.

I note that it was not an anabolic injection, which I have injected over 200 times, but some other drug I was stupid enough to mess with.

TIM
    update ! i had to get my tri cut open and they drained 25 cc out of it ! its much better now ! i have to wait a week to get the cut fully stitched up because it is still draining ! i can only train my legs i losing loads of weight ! i am going to have to train really hard to get my size back !

DiMensionX is offline Member
    Dude, hit your abs and everything else you can find that doesn't use your arms. Legs are a good start but I'd hit abs and lower back too with machines at least. Thats some scary shit man.

DMX

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    I hope your at least taking 2 weeks or so off, even if you are only working legs or abs. You gotta let the body adjust after what it just went through. Hope it heals quick Bro!

ladave99 is offline Junior Member
    I agree with Trimunex.

Take care of yourself. Skip lifting for a while if you have to. Your body has to last you a long time

TIM
    cheers all ! support is appricated ! learnt my lesson the hard way ! shit happens !

Thread Information