LittleBitch is offline Junior Member

Once you pop, can you stop?

How tempting is it to continue to use steroids after you've reached the point of no return and have finished your first cycle?

Basically if I were to ever use get on the gear I'd only want to do one cycle to get me thicker quicker and then be cool with what gains I have made. But is there some driving force that once I have made good gains with roids it's hard to go back to slow gains without them?

Chances are I won't get on the juice and I'll just wait it out the long way, but this little tid bit would be handy to know in case I ever want to.

I know the answer will most likely differ person to person, but what have you guys found?

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Well, with a good pct and a decent time off to recover naturally, I would do it again, and again and again and again....and some more to boot

Once you've crossed over to the "dark side", there's no going back

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Here's the problem. No one is ever truly content with what they have. We all have goals. And when we reach those goals, most of us feel the need to go further. Back in the day, I though I would of been happy at 200lbs and 12%bf. I'm 241lbs and 8-9%bf and still feel like I need to go a lot further.

I never planned to cycle as much as I have. I always said I'd just use it to get where I'll feel content with the way I look. Well here I am, 3 years later, and I'm still far from content.

The most successful people in this world are never content with what they have. If they were; Ronnie Coleman might of stopped after his first victory in the olympia... Donald Trump might of retired after he made his first billion... Hugh Heffner might of stopped screwing after his 1500th playboy bunny...

But they didn't. They're winners. And a winner will always want more.

takedownII is offline Member
    ^^that was beautiful buff....a tear came to my eye

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Welcome to the Darkside my friend, there is no turning back....and why would you?

LittleBitch is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small
    Welcome to the Darkside my friend, there is no turning back....and why would you?
    Well I'd like to think that I can get to a good body shape without going over the top and being Hulk Big. I go to the gym so I look good at the beach, not to be Hulk Man 3000 :P

But at the same time, if I'm only going to aim for that particular body size, then I might as well just be patient and do it naturally.

But yeah, cheers fellas :P

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i know MANY MANY PEOPLE who utilize aas, i have never known a single one to just STOP kuz they reached their "goal" lol
    a few stopped kuz they were old and having issues w/ health.. but i think they got on HRT and still up their doses every now and then so .. yeah i dont know a single person to stop after they started! LOL oh aas.. how i love the!

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    I started 2 years ago and don't plan to stop soon...or ever.

But in my case I cycle once a year, giving my body more than enough time to recover for the next go. Sometimes it is tough to wait so long, but i feel that if i keep doing it this way, the chance for health issues is way lower.
    Its just a matter of knowing how to train and to diet in order not to have a big crash after cycle, and still look good months after.
    Doing things like this, i honestly don't see a reason to stop.

sci muscle is offline Junior Member
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That makes sense to me.

I planned on doing one cycle and thats it. I kind of like the idea of doing one per year though instead. That way there is still plenty of time 'off'. Saves money too.

TheSentinal is offline Member
    If you follow the advice of those here and plan out your cycles thoroughly, then you can cycle for years. I would stop if my health became an issue. To avoid that, I plan out cycles that provide good gains without taking risks. Moderate use, avoiding 17-a's, clean diet, avoid alcohol and living a BB lifestsyle. I am 43 and look better than almost everyone my age. I get positive comments almost daily - that is a great reinforcer. The only downside is all the chicken and tuna I always eat! Damn that gets old.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBitch
    Well I'd like to think that I can get to a good body shape without going over the top and being Hulk Big. I go to the gym so I look good at the beach, not to be Hulk Man 3000 :P

But at the same time, if I'm only going to aim for that particular body size, then I might as well just be patient and do it naturally.

But yeah, cheers fellas :P
    not everybody that takes steroids tries to get "hulk big" in fact most people dont wanna be that big..

gooer is offline Associate Member
    I never really said, 'oh i'm going to stop at one cycle' but i'm on the pct of my 1st cycle, I reached my goals, but I absolutely cannot wait to do my next one.

once you start getting the complements on how you look, and your sex drive goes through the roof, it's very tempting to do another. that's all i'm gonna say.

you might have tremendous willpower however.

The Sniper is offline New Member
    You will NEVER go back.... mooohahahah (Dr. evil laugh)

Welcome to the DARK SIDE my friend.....

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The results just get so addicting.

Zipper is offline Associate Member
    im almost done with my second cycle and can hardly wait for my next!

Lejes is offline Junior Member
    I think almost everybody agrees that once you start, you kind of open pandora's box of fun. Once you have the experience of a first cycle you can't consider any reason not to do it again... and again and again and again as someone said. So there pretty much is no turning back unless you're forced to stop (IE, medical condition - law - $$$ - etc)

About the only thing you can do to moderate is be patient between cycles by extending time off.

Megaherz is offline Junior Member
    My friend, who's not into bodybuilding btw, keeps asking me this
    same question, 'when are you gonna stop?'. I think it's such a stupid
    question at this point. Can you ever really stop getting better at something?
    People are really starting to notice the changes now, and it's all been
    very positive attention. People have started coming up to me for
    training advice, etc.... How could you possibly stop with that kind of encouragement?

pigrond is offline Member
    on my second 3rd already planned thinkin about the 4th but i dont wanna get too much stock built up,ya i dont think ill be stoppin any time soon

i love when i go out witch is not that often and all my old school bar buddy see me. i always here, you better lay off the juice or they call me a juice up freak. i just tell them ill stop when my heart explodes. really just makes me feel good that people notice.

reppedout1 is offline Member
    i do believe that i'm addicted!i plan in my head and on paper cycles years from now!i can't stand ;long time off so now i'm gonna do 6 weeks on,6 weeks pct,1 week off everything..and repeat.i give myself 2 more years then its cruise and blast 4 me!!...repped

sonnygll is offline Member
    I am 5' 11" 208 12%. I just want to drop like 9 or 10 pounds of fat, and gain at least 5 more pounds of muscle, but no more then 20. I hope I can stop after a cycle or 2. I don't want to be totally huge or anything. I don't even compete. I actually started bodybuilding to regain my health and loose 90 some pounds of fat. It would be ironic if started compulsively shooting up until I made my health worse then when I started. I don't think I would because I really don't want to be more then 220 at 7%. Not to mention I want to be small enough to deny ever using gear anyway. I hope I can stop. I just want to get to my genetic potential quickly rather then in several years.

kynetguy is offline Senior Member
    There are two kinds of steroid users:

1) Those who are ON CYCLE
    2) Those who are planning THEIR NEXT CYCLE.

fenceguy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kynetguy

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
    couldn't have put it better.

I finished my first cycle about a month ago. And it took all my will power to end that cycle. I have never felt better/stronger or hornier in my whole life.
    I LOVE TEST!!!!!!!!!!
    I didn't want to stop. I can't wait to do my next cycle.

Dog-Slime is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kynetguy

I love it. Instant classic.

gooer is offline Associate Member
    once you pop the fun don't stop

jbarkley is offline Member
    Well, at 48 years old it goes without saying....TRT....better living through hormone replacement! Larry Scott once told me, you can never make too much money or get big enough....that pretty much says it all for me.

Thread Information