Thread: hrt?

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member

hrt?

long story short...got hurt on 7dec05, broke ribs and two ruptured disks. been realy unable to lift due to insurance reasons. for the last 3 to 4 months have been doing cardio, and push ups. i started my own hrt at 250mg test c and 200 mg eq per week. i feel so much better and my weight is at 235. in my avator im in the 250s and that pic was the summer before i got hurt, am i screwing up doing hrt and no weight training?????

kynetguy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wascaptain5214
    long story short...got hurt on 7dec05, broke ribs and two ruptured disks. been realy unable to lift due to insurance reasons. for the last 3 to 4 months have been doing cardio, and push ups. i started my own hrt at 250mg test c and 200 mg eq per week. i feel so much better and my weight is at 235. in my avator im in the 250s and that pic was the summer before i got hurt, am i screwing up doing hrt and no weight training?????
    Doing HRT for the sake of HRT and the feeling of "well being" and just feeling better I say no, you are not screwing up. Once you hit your 30's testosterone starts to decrease (typically) and then you start suffering from all the ill effects of low testosterone . (look them up and you will likely relate to them)

However, let me caveat that with a question or two.

1) Why are you taking EQ with this? Now that I feel is a waste for "HRT" and not working out while taking the EQ is kind of pointless. You seem to be wanting to loose some weight. With this in mind, EQ is no really the best option. If for no other reason, the appetite increase you get from it would be enough deterrent to drop it.

ANother thing with EQ is the increase in Red Blood Cells. Not a bad thing, donating blood will fix that. I actually do a double unit of red cells when I am on. Basically they take two units worth of RBC's and put the other "stuff" back in you. So I get the benefits of giving twice, but going once.

2) What are your goals for your HRT? Just to feel better?

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    i am using the eq for cardio endruance. been getting 45 mins of stationary bike(80 rpm at 145bpm heart rate. then walking outside for an hour(slow steady walk), then 10 mins statiums(busting butt), 5 days a week. the test is to get me HARD. my goals are to kinda stay in some kinda shape till i can lift weights again..hopefully before winter. your are right about the hunger for sure, been really needing to put me a diet together. the diet part has been my down fall for ever. just no self disipline when it comes to chow. thx

kynetguy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wascaptain5214
    i am using the eq for cardio endruance. been getting 45 mins of stationary bike(80 rpm at 145bpm heart rate. then walking outside for an hour(slow steady walk), then 10 mins statiums(busting butt), 5 days a week. the test is to get me HARD. my goals are to kinda stay in some kinda shape till i can lift weights again..hopefully before winter. your are right about the hunger for sure, been really needing to put me a diet together. the diet part has been my down fall for ever. just no self disipline when it comes to chow. thx
    Your EQ is going to be a double edged sword for you until you get the self control to curb your cravings. Hunger is fine and can be a good thing. You CAN bulk and loose fat at the same time. HOWEVER, it is VERY dificult and requires a good diet and PROPER cardio.

If your reasons for cardio are fat loss, keep your HR down in the fat burning range. (will vary with age) 145 is probablly a little high. Do your cardio in the mornings on an EMPTY stomach. Drink you a glass or two of water (I prefer room temp, goes down very easily and is absorbed in your body faster) to curb any hunger pain. Then go do your 30-45 min of cardio. On an empty stomach this forces your body to burn fat for fuel, this greatly increasing your fat burning.

I personally think that you don't really need the EQ for cardio. When I think of EQ for cardio endurance, I am thinking sprinters, long distance runners or cyclist. You should not need a crutch for a 45 minute fat burning regimine.

The testosterone is cool. 250 a week seems to be what most people have been prescribed. Usually between 125-250 per week. That seems to keep most peoples levels between 900-1100.

Thread Information