Burrito is offline New Member

Wink Doc monitoring TEST levels while on Accutane

I went to the dermatologist about a week ago and he prescribed ACCUTANE for me. I went to the clinic and had my bloodwork done to establish a baseline since it's required monthly while on Accutane. I've read through several other threads and it sounds like the only thing that they typically monitor is your liver since Accutane can be very damaging.

The bloodwork form that I'm supposed to take to the clinic every month looks to be pretty standard, but under the "additional tests to be performed" section it lists:

36170 Testosterone -F and T
    937 WDC
    873, Testosterone, Total

I just started another cycle (no orals) yesterday, but do I have to worry about the dermatologist pulling me off Accutane once he realizes that my test levels are unnaturally high? Any suggestions?

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    You could use an TRT dose of testosterone and go higher on other anabolics muscle building purposes, so your doc doesnt take you off the accutane...

x_moe is offline Anabolic Member
    he will prolly pull you out of accutane, when i was on it my derm never tested my Test levels but just my liver every four weeks, 2 months into the treatment i admitted to him that im on a testosterone cycle and he stoped prescribing accutane for me right there. i didnt think it was gona matter, but it did.

ttt

Any more suggestions what I should tell the doc if/when he asks?

Heading to the dermatologist tomorrow afternoon. Any suggestions what I should tell him if he says something?

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    tell the truth or else it will make u look like a ass

Everything went fine at the dermatologist the other day and there was no mention of high test levels. In fact, he said I was the best patient he's ever had on Accutane in terms of sides. Just started month #2 and my acne is COMPLETELY gone.

JC2007 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burrito
    Everything went fine at the dermatologist the other day and there was no mention of high test levels. In fact, he said I was the best patient he's ever had on Accutane in terms of sides. Just started month #2 and my acne is COMPLETELY gone.
    @ what dosage?

brajosm is offline Banned
    ya man what dosage where u on

BuffDJ is offline Associate Member
    If your test level comes back elevated he is going to discontinue your accutane.
    Buff

tvd220 is offline Member
    good luck with accutane bro, it works so good, i have been off for over a year and its still crystal clear!! Knock on wood

Thread Information