drewvox is offline Junior Member

Second injection

So I've seen a few posts the last couple of days (mine included) about injection site pain after the first injection.

My question is, will it hurt this bad on my second injection? I am definitely not switching to the other quad because this pain is pretty hardcore.

Should I use the same quad (the one that's been sore for two days now) or move to my delt?

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    I like to move as much as I can. I assume the pain is virgin pain, first time you hit that muscle, I got that too the first 2x I injected in my legs now it's nothing. To decrease scar tissue and allow the injection site to recover, rotate as much as you can, IMO. GL

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried glute injections? They are very simple & I have never had anything more than soreness for 1 day and it was easily bearable.

What size pin are you using?

Are you using proper technique?

Well I used a 29 guage pin this time because the place I went to didn't have any 23 guage 3cc needles. I ordered some Terumos 3cc 23 guage and should have them for the next injection.

Pretty sure I used proper technique. I kept my leg relaxed, aspirated, and kept the pin as still as I could during injection. My bro thinks I might've hit a nerve.

The glutes are where I injected back in the day, and I don't remember there being much pain involved.

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drewvox
    Well I used a 29 guage pin this time because the place I went to didn't have any 23 guage 3cc needles. I ordered some Terumos 3cc 23 guage and should have them for the next injection.

Pretty sure I used proper technique. I kept my leg relaxed, aspirated, and kept the pin as still as I could during injection. My bro thinks I might've hit a nerve.

The glutes are where I injected back in the day, and I don't remember there being much pain involved.
    29 guage, wow thats pretty small, what are you injecting, a water based? How long did it take to draw up on a 29 guage? Also, make sure you use a fresh needle when you inject, not the same one you use to draw up from the vial, I have found that can make a world of difference.

BuffDJ is offline Associate Member
    29G It most take you half the day to draw up and inject with that size. I personally use 23G but use 25G if you are really worried about the size. But it's still going to take a while to inject.

Buff

gehirin is offline Junior Member
    More than not you will always be sore. It will lessen as you do more and more injections, but for the most part soreness comes with injecting intramuscularly.

Don't inject into the same muscle, switch it up. Don't worry, the more you do it the easier it gets. Ive been doig this for 2 years and still sore (but bearable). And every once in a while get a nerve or close to one...now that sucks.

I use a 25 gauge...

reppedout1 is offline Member
    just a tip when ya get a new round of gear i would try to get some mixed in eo or straight eo based,thats what i'm doing now and it's relatively painless and i'm shootin 2.5 cc eod...repped

I would've preferred a 23G 3cc pin, but the pharmacy was out and I wanted to get my cycle started. Maybe that's the answer to my pain. It did take quite a while to draw it in, about 3-4 minutes, and it's possible I injected too fast. I did use a fresh needle to inject, though.

Thread Information