Thread: Ghb

TRex is offline Junior Member

Ghb

Anyone know of any bad side effects of disadvantages to GHB?

At the very least, since I stopped drinking ever since i started to work out, I would like to take it for bot rec. and athletic purposes..

Let me know is anyone has any input..

thanks..

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Hmm...maybe death ???

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    there you go, the overdose level for this drug is very sketchy and very easy to overlook and overdose on...not something to fuck with

Ok thats just an obvious answer. I can just as easily say this about any AS or any other drug for that matter.. im looking for answered based on normal dosages obviously.

projectsherv is offline Associate Member
    me and a friend of mine will do ghb for rec. purposes instead of drinking occassionally, acctually i do it occassionally but my friend who is also on AS does it a few times a week. Im not advising to do it cause i dont know the consequences but i have not seen any harm done so far.

I would think that it would be no more or no less dangerous than drinking.. and since I dont drink..

not to mention.. i desperatly need a good sleep aid because of my insomnia..

STACKEDMATT is offline Junior Member
    If u wanted to take ghb for recreational uses than i would say it might not be worth it..One ,it is proven to be more addicting than heroin..Yes its been documented..Two, the rule of thumb with G is that not enough is too much, meaning that when u are on it there is always an urgency to want more becuase u want the feeling magnified, but that feeling wont get any better trust me..But just a simple cap full added to another cap full can be deadly depending on strenghts of the drug. I have used this drug for over 3 years and I seen people get fucked up really bad on just 2-3 caps(cap on a water bottle full).
    There is no tolorence level whatsoever with G. It can take from 15 mins to 1 hour to kick in. I have had numerous friends who did it for years and wound up in the hospital sooner or later from an apparent overdose. DO NOT MIX IT WITH ALCOHOL..Its a muscle relaxant and your heart may stop beating or beat real slow if mixed with other rec drugs at the same time..That is why when u overdose, they will put you on a breathing apperatus at the hospital to assist. This shit is no joke and u will see this for yourself after using a few times..when i do it I take basically a cap and a half depending on strenghth , and then one every hour -- hour & 20 mins..
    It is a better choice than alcohol on your body , but i dont encourage use unless u are around or know ppersons who have used extensively.
    Last edited by STACKEDMATT; 08-19-2002 at 02:00 PM.

Thank you.. thats exaclty the kind of answer i was looking for.

Originally posted by STACKEDMATT
    If u wanted to take ghb for recreational uses than i would say it might not be worth it..One ,it is proven to be more addicting than heroin..Yes its been documented..Two, the rule of thumb with G is that not enough is too much, meaning that when u are on it there is always an urgency to want more becuase u want the feeling magnified, but that feeling wont get any better trust me..But just a simple cap full added to another cap full can be deadly depending on strenghts of the drug. I have used this drug for over 3 years and I seen people get fucked up really bad on just 2-3 caps(cap on a water bottle full).
    There is no tolorence level whatsoever with G. It can take from 15 mins to 1 hour. I have had numerous friends who did it for years and wound up in the hospital sooner or later from an apparent overdose. DO NOT MIX IT WITH ALCOHOL..Its a muscle relaxant and your heart may stop beating or beat real slow if mixed with other rec drugs at the same time..That is why when u overdose, they will put you on a breathing apperatus at the hospital to assist. ans arThis shit is no joke and u will see this for yourself after using a few times..I would take basically a cap and a half depending on strenghth , and then one every hour & 20 mins..
    It is a better choice than alcohol on your body , but i dont encourage use unless u are around or know ppersons who have used extensively.

Exocet is offline Associate Member
    The best place for this question would be to post it to alt.drugs.ghb on USEnet (newsgroups). Believe me, you'll get a ton of informed responses from those guys..

03733+$ is offline Associate Member
    does anyone have any official studies done on ghb, not just hear say or opinions?

What I understand about ghb is that there are many different types of ghb. there is a clear liquid that is dangerous and addicting because it is made with household cleaning products, and there is a yellow liquid that is made from the original product that was available in the early 90's.
    I use ghb from time to time and I feel no urges to do more just a relaxing feeling that immitates alcohol. I use it to sleep sometimes and also as an alcohol substitute, You dont wake up with a hang over and your not dehydrated. I tend to feel better on a morning that I use ghb than a morning that I dont use it.

There are always going to be extreme cases where people abuse alcohol, drugs, (I.E ghb) Those are the extremest that over do everything. If you a responsible and use ghb with out alcohol and dont push it to the extreme, It can help to cut back on Kcals (alcohol) helping to reduce fat! This is just my opinion, but take it for what its worth!

Good question.. I would love to use it as a sleeping aid.. because I dont sleep very well and for the last 2 years I have been feeling really cranky in the mornings.. and I spend my days very tired and non-alert..

I really need something.. im getting sick and tired of sleeping pills and nyquil and other crap that makes things worse..

just once i'd like a nice deep sleep that I can wake up feeling good after..

my big question is that if i take it right.. is it better than alchohol..?

I mean I used to drink (i dont at all anymore - so there is no danger of me mixing it)

Originally posted by 03733+$

What I understand about ghb is that there are many different types of ghb. there is a clear liquid that is dangerous and addicting because it is made with household cleaning products, and there is a yellow liquid that is made from the original product that was available in the early 90's.
    I use ghb from time to time and I feel no urges to do more just a relaxing feeling that immitates alcohol. I use it to sleep sometimes and also as an alcohol substitute, You dont wake up with a hang over and your not dehydrated. I tend to feel better on a morning that I use ghb than a morning that I dont use it.

There are always going to be extreme cases where people abuse alcohol, drugs, (I.E ghb) Those are the extremest that over do everything. If you a responsible and use ghb with out alcohol and dont push it to the extreme, It can help to cut back on Kcals (alcohol) helping to reduce fat! This is just my opinion, but take it for what its worth! [/B]

one more thing

Why must ghb wear a bad name, just cause some dumb ass took it to the extremes! Used it with alcohol, and took way to much!

bad things always happen to the ignorant extremest!

If you are going to try ghb Always use in moderation,never use with alcohol! take in small doses with the idea that you can always take more!

TRex, I can't recommend it as a sleeping aid.

See, GHB causes suppresion of a chemical in your brain called dopamine. It does not prevent its production, it merely 'holds it back' for a time (from one 'average dose' of GHB, it might hold the dopamine off for several hours) During this time is when you may feel elation and general well being. If you take enough to help you drift off to sleep, well, it will do just that - it will put you into a deep, restful, and "productive" sleep.

However.. that dopamine is just waiting to be released! A few hours into your sleep, the GHB will run its course through your body, and then boom! Dopamine rebound time! This chemical (having now been finally released) will cause you to awake fairly quickly from your deep sleep, and will often give you a kick of energy. In fact, you might find it hard to fall back asleep at this point.

This is where some people re-dose on G, to put themselves back to sleep. This *will* work - the dopamine will again be supressed - but this can lead to an unhealthy cycle of re-dosing throughout the night. In short, GHB will cause both restful sleep.. and as a byproduct, insomia! Its a real tough call. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to PM me.

* Naturally, the above statements are for entertainment purposes only, and do not reflect the lifestyle of the author. Or something.
    Last edited by Exocet; 08-19-2002 at 06:03 PM.

I'm lucky if i get a sustanied 4 hours of sleep per night ..
    the sleep i do get is sketchy at best..
    in the morning I have no bost of energy..
    on my days off i just feel so tired i wanna lay in bed all day and do nothing..

Originally posted by Exocet
    TRex, I can't recommend it as a sleeping aid.

See, GHB causes suppresion of a chemical in your brain called dopamine. It does not prevent its production, it merely 'holds it back' for a time (from one 'average dose' of GHB, it might hold the dopamine off for several hours) During this time is when you may feel elation and general well being. If you take enough to help you drift off to sleep, well, it will do just that - it will put you into a deep, restful, and "productive" sleep.

However.. that dopamine is just waiting to be released! A few hours into your sleep, the GHB will run its course through your body, and the boom! Dopamine rebound! This chemical (having now been finally released) will cause you to awake fairly quickly from your deep sleep, and will often give you a kick of energy. In fact, you might find it hard to fall back asleep at this point.

This is where some people re-dose on G, to put themselves back to sleep. This *will* work - the dopamine will again be supressed - but this can lead to an unhealthy cycle of re-dosing throughout the night. In short, GHB will cause both restful sleep.. and as a byproduct, insomia! Its a real tough call. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to PM me.

* Naturally, the above statements are for entertainment purposes only, and do not reflect the lifestyle of the author. Or something.

Well, if you have rocksteady self-control, it may work for you as a sleep aid. If not.. you may find yourself wanting to dose during the day, simply because of the good feeling it brings. There really is no hangover (unlike alcohol), so for a lot of people it is very hard to find a reason *not* to do it all the time. Not saying you'll do that - just a word of caution
    Last edited by Exocet; 08-19-2002 at 05:56 PM.

I quit drinking and stopped eating junk food over night.. if that counts for anything..
    mind you i still smoke.. hehe

Epoc is offline Junior Member
    I would like to clarify a few things in this post, mainly made by stackedmatt. As far as g being more addictive to heroin is more of a personal opinion than fact, sure it might have been documented like that, but by who? Diffrent people react diffrently to substances and prefer them over others which is why its more of a personal opinion whether it is yours or someone elses, what it comes down to is if you have an addictive personality. Now, onto g being a muscle relaxant, that is completly false, g is a CNS deppresant which is completly diffrent that a muscle relaxer. That is why your respatory(sp) rate and heart rate slow down. I strongly advise against telling people how many caps to take due to the fact that the strength of black market g varies greatly from batch to batch. While no drug is safe, with cation g can be used recreationaly and otherwise with little risk. As far as using it as a sleep aid, Exocet hit it right on the head.

DiMensionX is offline Member
    Ok bro, listen to Exocet. Out of the several responses it is clear that he understands more about GHB than the average bear.

For those that think GHB, GBL, or 4BD is MADE from household cleaning products, please read up! This is very innacurate information. Yes it is true that GBL and 4BD are used IN some cleaning products, as well as a varnish remover but this has NOTHING to do with whether the product is dangerous or impure. Do you know that Alchohol is also a solvent, more widespread by far than GBL or most anything else.

It is NOT more addicting than heroin! Show me some medical research man, shit like this is how rumors are started. I'll retract my harsh statement and eat crow if you can show proof of this fact.

Actually from the research I have done it is extensively documented that GHB is NOT physically addicting. Just like anything else it CAN be mentaly addicting though...

As for side effects, I know from first hand experience that GBL can cause intestine pain over a few days of use, pretty bad actually. GHB and 4BD have never given me this problem. In most cases of death GHB was combined with other drugs, only in a few cases was GHB alone found to be the complete cause of death and even then it was because of asphysiation(sp?) from choking on ones vomit when passed out.

Tolerance DOES develop... Depending on the strength of the product most people start with 1/2 a capful or ~3 cc's taken oraly. Onset of action is between 20-45 minutes with a peak at around the 2 hour mark. Exocet is absolutely correct in that GHB supresses your dopamine system which is what causes the relaxation and euphoria.

GHB does not have to be converted by the liver whereas GBL and 4BD are converted to GHB by the liver. Very few studies have been conducted on liver toxicity of these two drugs however it has been stated in medical litature that GBL/4BD do not appear to be liver hepotoxic.

Overdose is easy, I agree. As little as a few cc's worth can knock you out cold. This is REALLY one of those drugs where more is in NO WAY better. Exocet once again is correct that after the action of the drug has run it's course you will be somewhat wired and awake, sometimes its refreshing.

This is really one of those drugs that should be done with someone you know and trust present to keep an eye on you. I personally used to do it about once a week and I just did it Saturday for the first time in months. Fun but not something I would use for regular sleep therapy because of the dangers.

DMX

Epoc, thank you for adding that about it not being a muscle relaxant, I meant to but forgot:-).

Yet another intelligent poster regarding this subject:-).

DMX

King Samson is offline Associate Member
    This is some great info guys, you all really know your shit. However, I am still interested in what 037 was talking about in reference to the 2 different types clear (addictive) and yellow(non-addictive). Is this right?

KS, it is BS about clear vs non-clear being adictive. First of all true GHB is a powder at room temp and turns to a liquid at a slightly higher temp. In the day it was common practice to add another substance to change the melting point so that it was a liquid all the time.

GBL and 4BD have lower melting points and therefor are liquids. The color means NOTHING. I have 2 bottles of the same substance, two different batches, one is blue and looks like windex, and the other is yellow like Mr. Clean:-). It's called food coloring:-), or yellow dye #5 or blue dye #10 for those so intrested in colors.

DMX

rybee10 is offline Banned
    I used to make that shit! It is fun as hell when you are on it and take it at controlled levels. EVeybody is diffrent. And it depends how much water is added so make sure you ask your source how much is added so you dont fuck yourself up. Be careful please be careful. And if you are a guy and use this to get a girl you are a fucking pussy and a loser.

fullback40 is offline Junior Member
    Stay with GHB- not the analogs(such as 1,4 bdo and GBL). The crash from GHB is not as bad as those 2 previously mentioned. Personally, I never had a problem when I home brewed GHB from GBL (do not ask me how to do this as I will not offer this "kitchen synthesis" to anyone. Just do research and find out for yourself.

The reason the 1,4 and GBL have the physical addiction potential is because it leaves your system much quicker creating a dopamine and epinephrine dump in your brain. This feeling is like the "fight or flight" theory except it lasts much longer and is damn uncomfortable. That is why when you become addicted, stopping cold turkey is extremely dangerous. To come off, you have to take a regimen of benzodiazpines and tricyclic anti-depressants to establish a normal sleep pattern. Personally, it is just not worth all that shit for a sleep aid. T-Rex, you state that your lucky if you get 4 hours of sleep a night? All you will get with the above mentioned is 3 to 4 hours of sleep until you re-dose. Thats how I got hooked. This only my 2 cents - I am neither a proponent nor opponent of GHB or it's precursors. I hate it when the Govt decides what is best for us, but in the same breath you have to be fully informed and listen to the good and the bad as far as this drug is concerned. I unfortunately only listened to the good and ignored the bad until it controlled my life. Last thing I will say is MODERATION, MODERATION and MODERATION. If you bide by this word, you should be fine. In other words, limit the use to 3 times or less a week.

peace
    Last edited by fullback40; 08-20-2002 at 08:40 AM.

I limit to just the weekends!
    That is the one! I heard was so addictive and bad was the 1,4 that fullback40 mentioned above. I was also told that it is usally clear, but that was answered with the input on the food coloring! So theres really no way to tell if you have the good kind or the bad?

Is there anyway to tell?

proud13 is offline Junior Member

Post FACTS AND HELPFUL ADVICE...

Last edited by proud13; 09-06-2002 at 05:12 PM.

You can tell the difference between 1,4BD, GBL, and GHB with thier boiling points. Thermometer and stick them in the fridge/freezer, check them every now and then and when turned hard check the temp. Compare the temps to what you can find on the Material's sheet for each compound...

1,4 BD never gave me much of a difference as far as a comedown, only the intestinal problems/pain. I know it was BD because I ordered it from a chemical supply house.

DMX

RobNAUTICA is offline Associate Member
    i used to "swirl" occasionally, i remember people saying Not to have any ice in the drink
    Most people i know (including myself) just squirt the syringe in their mouths (minus needle of course) so as not to waste it (sides of cup and what not)

Thread Information